Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Fat people seem to always have some excuse as to why they're not in shape. Kudos for this mom to trying to change things.
    No bro, it's "genetics".

I love it. Fat people are so hypocritical, when it comes to them being made fun of or put down it's discrimination or 'fat shaming' but aren't they doing something similar to her? The message she's sending out isn't a bad one, in fact the people whining and complaining over this probably will make any excuse that they can to not lose weight and claim 'genetics' prevent them from doing so all while chowing down on McDonalds or something.

Wanting to remain fat is sending a bad message, not her.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I think the whole world should pick up this "fat shaming" trend. Being fat because you're too lazy to workout or even do basic exercise should be seen as shameful. You should be made to feel embarrassed for being overweight if you choose to sit around and do nothing but eat and be lazy, or make excuses to NOT workout or do something about your weight problem.

However, if you have a LEGIT medical condition that causes you to take on and retain weight, making it difficult to shed a pound here and there, you are clear of the shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Or, you know, they attacked someone who started it, by bad-mouthing anyone who doesn't work out.
    How dare this lady bad-mouth everyone less fit than her by posting a picture! I'm so sick of all these people who look better than me showing off their faces everywhere, and don't even get me started on all those people who have more money than me buying more expensive cars and bigger houses. I'm totally not a jealous slob, they're just being insulting.

Or, you know, they attacked someone who started it, by bad-mouthing anyone who doesn't work out.
    If they have time to go on the internet and display their outrage at the picture, they have more than enough time to work out. "Not enough time" to work out is such a horse shit excuse. 30 minutes, that's it. 20 even, if you bust your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    wait is that picture supposed to be the fat shaming? seriously? whats next a mc donalds comercial getting called fit shaming? anyone offended by that is a prime example of whats wrong with political correctness
    Giving this some thought, what I figure to be fat shaming is if the picture was that of a 300lbs woman wearing the sports bra and short shorts.
    Last edited by Sajek; 2013-10-24 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    "Genetics" ha.

Both sides are pretty bad but at least pick a better argument.
    I don't think a regular mom can afford to work out while taking care of two kids, I bet she had a maid changing their diapers while she was in the basement lifting her bench press, being a mother and going to the weight room don't mix very well.

I bet she didn't even breastfed.
    You don't even need a maid or expensive gym membership to work out with kids. Get a stroller and run with them while eating correctly, I've seen mothers do it all over.

10+ Year Old Account
    What has the world come to when fat people get offended for being told they are fat. Don't fucking whine about someone calling you fat. Do something about losing the weight. Eat less and excise more. What the hell is so hard about that?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fat shaming:

And I'm not even convinced that it's a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have some actual health reason that stops you from losing weight like HCM or cancer or some serious disease... you really don't have an excuse... not one single excuse. If you're fat and you're that way because you chose to be... you don't get to complain about healthy people or judge them. You made your decisions. I think the worst part is fat people who have been fat their whole lives... they really don't understand what it's like to be healthy and how amazing it is. One of my old friends who I met through WoW was a fatty. I always tried to fat shame him into lifting, but he really didn't care. Eventually it go to the point where i couldn't even hangout w/ him. It was just too disgusting watching him stuff his face full of cheetos and then drink a 2L Mountain dew to himself. I realized right there that I can't be friends w/ fat people... more specifically fat people who don't care that they're fat and continue their habits.

As far as this girls case goes... she's done nothing wrong. When I saw the post, my initial thoughts were "damn, that's dedication and effort" but since not everyone comes from the fitness scene, they can't understand the hard work she put in. They look at her and think it's a challenge, so they start typing their negative comments to try and put the mom in her place. The mom is kick ass and she works hard for all her achievements.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This is fat shaming:

Truth hurts.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    hahaha, people are so funny.

"IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"

seriously.... thats all i see when i hear of things like this.

I dont like blueberry, so i dont eat blueberry... im not going to continually buy blueberry containing things just so i can complain about how awful blueberries are...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This is fat shaming:

i don't really see it as a bad thing, some people may get offended, so what? childhood obesity is a serious problem

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I think the whole world should pick up this "fat shaming" trend. Being fat because you're too lazy to workout or even do basic exercise should be seen as shameful. You should be made to feel embarrassed for being overweight if you choose to sit around and do nothing but eat and be lazy, or make excuses to NOT workout or do something about your weight problem.

However, if you have a LEGIT medical condition that causes you to take on and retain weight, making it difficult to shed a pound here and there, you are clear of the shaming.
    I got insulted for being brown, being muslim, being too skinny, being top of my class, being bottom of my class, eating nothing at meals, eating too much at meals, playing nerdy games, being an asshole to nerds who play games, on and on and on.

Bitch no one cares get up and go to the gym and stop fucking crying. I used to trade homework for protection from bullies after school, man the fuck up, MAKE IT WORK. There should be a limit to your excuses lol.

Deleted
    I'm lazy and got a small belly, I deserve to be bad-mouthed for not taking care of myself 100%. Bad-mouthing to an extend of saying what the woman in the OP did.

I see it more as motivational and a wake up call for people making excuses for themselves that it being insulting.

there's nothing to afford or take time for in order to not be fat

being poor and/or busy doesn't make someone fat

About the medical condition / genetics thing.....perhaps, in some circumstances that might be true but it's the incredible minority. The huge portion of obesity is the chosen lifestyle....just travel around the world and make an honest assessment of "body types" between the US and other places. The difference is massive (no pun intended).

10+ Year Old Account
    That's...depressing. I've just about had it with people in general. Society is going to hell in a handbasket at this rate.

She has a point: WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE? Today, that sort of thing is considered rude and egotistical, instead of motivating as it SHOULD be. People are fat, lazy, and they don't like it when others point it out, pure and simple. Good for her for getting/keeping in shape. At least she's not some 400+ lb fatass sitting on a couch or at a computer, complaining that someone who actually bothered to adhere to the discipline required to get in shape is trying to motivate others. Sickens me that people actually took offense.

My roommate asked me that same question about a year ago. Today, I've lost almost 50 lbs, and gained about 3 inches on my arms. I'm actually doing what is necessary to get in shape. Not because society wants me to be, since that's obviously not the case, but because it makes ME feel good, and not afraid to take my shirt off in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I saw a stick insect in the zoo. As a big fat fatty I am absolutely outraged and demand the zoo be burnt, or lightly toasted, so I can eat it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I got insulted for being brown, being muslim, being too skinny, being top of my class, being bottom of my class, eating nothing at meals, eating too much at meals, playing nerdy games, being an asshole to nerds who play games, on and on and on.

Bitch no one cares get up and go to the gym and stop fucking crying. I used to trade homework for protection from bullies after school, man the fuck up, MAKE IT WORK. There should be a limit to your excuses lol.
    This isn't motivational...saying "start working you fat fuck" won't help anyone. Getting people to realise they need to work out for themselves is a better solution.