Mastery Over strength?

So I've recently been picking up some extra crit pieces from Siege. Rocking Titans Grip with 2 Normal Greatsword of Pride's Fall with 38.72% Crit rating and 31.42% mastery. Been running myself through simcraft and it is showing Mastery as having a higher weight than Strength.

Strength is always around 4.75 while Mastery is always around 4.85. I can see how this would be the case with high levels of crit but is it really already? In that case gains would be made by enchanting gloves and wrists with mastery over strength

link to armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azool/advanced

Yes. Same for me and quite alot of others too. Crit > Mastery > Str

Some say swap str enchants for mastery but to me the dps gain is probably marginal - not worth the effort

Deleted
    Thok's Tailtip makes crit and mastery better for TG fury atleast, it is also worth using crit elixir (750 crit) over strength flask once you get Thok trinket.

Your setup lacks mastery, tier headpiece, shaman chest, nazgrim mace etc would all boost your mastery and change your statweights. Currently for me mastery is 0.94 SEP but I can easily see it going over 1 with some changes like you have atm.

hm.... Flask = 1102.5 strength (Assuming kings and plate bonus are calculated multiplicatively but even if it was additively... the difference of 2.5 strength wont change the results)

So for elixir > flask, your crit SeP has to be > 1.47 to be worth it.

I've just simmed the BiS gear and it values crit at 1.23 SeP. I've only used 10k iterations due to my slow computer but it would be really unlikely to be that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    not worth the effort
    Ten seconds to enchant an item...?

Sounds like Doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastera View Post
    Ten seconds to enchant an item...?

Sounds like Doubt.
    It could possibly be, but is more likely the issue that it would cost more dmg when switching to Arms for Galakras and Spoils. That is the reason I'm most likely not going to switch even though it would be a single target dps gain for Fury

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery enchant is marginal gain for fury (assuming your stat weights are similar to mine) but a loss for arms. In the end, it doesn't matter whcih you use.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-10-25 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    hm.... Flask = 1102.5 strength (Assuming kings and plate bonus are calculated multiplicatively but even if it was additively... the difference of 2.5 strength wont change the results)

So for elixir > flask, your crit SeP has to be > 1.47 to be worth it.

I've just simmed the BiS gear and it values crit at 1.23 SeP. I've only used 10k iterations due to my slow computer but it would be really unlikely to be that far off.
    SEP calculations already account for kings/armor spec bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    SEP calculations already account for kings/armor spec bonus.
    hm... my bad then but that still wont make the crit elixir better than the flask because it still needs a SeP of 1.333 to be worth it and even in our BiS gear it's only 1.23.

Sure there might be a gear combination where crit is valued that high but find that one first