Poll: Trial of the Crusader vs Dragon Soul

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Trial of the Crusader vs Dragon Soul

Here are 2 raids that you hate more than your tier 16 armor design. You hate them so much that the mere thought of stepping into one of those instances again would actually make SWTOR seem like a viable alternative. While the introduction of another equally awful raid would make you press that unsubscribe button faster than your first Dark Animus attempt; here, you must decide which raid was the most disappointing. Which raid prompted you to spam the forums with those "WoW is dying ... Wotlk was the best!! oh wait I mean Tbc, was it Tbc? Which expansion do the cool kids like?" threads. Which raid was it that turned you into an alt leveling, profession grinding, Moonguard rping, level 79 rogue twinking noob for all those months until the next content patch?

Voice your hatred in this thread.

Honestly still hate MC more. So little mechanics... so much trash... and organizing 40 people. Running my guild's flex with 15-20 people is enough like herding kittens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul? DS was one of my favorite raids, and although it lasted too long.. I still love it for what it was, and not the grind that Blizzard forced it to become.

Niether.

Deleted
    going to be TOTC / TOTGC easily.
    had 5 bosses, no trash and I fell asleep at the keyboard more than once during the raid.

at least with DS you had to pay some sort of attention (not much though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved TotC. I like Arena like settings and found the bosses fun and memorable, even Faction Champs.

DS though had no positive memories for me.

Hate? I don't hate either of those raids. There is only 1 raid in this game that I actually hate.
    Dragon Soul was alright, I love Old God villains but there wasn't any new models which was a huge downside for me.
    ToC raid I actually love. The boss fights were really fun for me as a Warlock and there was no trash anywhere. Another good thing about it was I was able to run it many times a week and still get gear sometimes.

So please, do not try to speak for me or anyone else for that matter.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

ToC was fun the first run and was largely just misplaced and should not have been by itself. DS and in particularly LFR DS was just awful compared to ToC. The developers attempts to portray certain events and feelings in my perspective was missed. Deathwing fights missed the target the most. Then the LFR version was such a gutted experience that makes me wonder why the developers felt that having an extra phase for Rag on heroic was bad when LFR had so many mechanics gutted which turned fights into dull tank and spanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    after raids like naxx/ulduar/OS i was glad for a raid to have NO trash

Dragon Soul is the worse for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

ToC wasn't anywhere near as bad as people make out, it just shouldn't have been the sole raid of that tier and shouldn't have had 4 seperate lockouts. The raid itself was fine.

Dragon Soul was disappointing, but wasn't that terrrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toc had an interesting concept and some interesting bosses, the pvp boss and jaraxxus. It was also not the end raid of the xpack. Dragon soul was lazy design, with a bad story that ended with an add battle

10+ Year Old Account
    3 add battles really =P

gunship was basically 70% adds, 30% boss

spine was 100% adds

madness was 90% adds, 10% boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    I liked ToC. I think the concept was really good, but it definitely didn't have enough content to be the lone raid of an entire patch.

It would've been better if they introduced a raid like ToC in 3.3.5 instead, or even a raid like ToC in 5.5 where the last boss drops guaranteed warforged or something.

Toc was from the beginning a one room coliseum with no trash. Some may not have liked it (myself included), but it didn't really disappoint because it never sold itself as anything aside from what it was. The use of Anub'arak was pretty tasteless, but most of us thought he was already dead at that point anyway.

Dragon Soul was the final raid of the expansion, and the conclusion to the Deathwing storyline. It was supposed to be epic, and expectations were high. I don't think I need to explain why it was such a disappointment.

Also I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be voting for. Which one I liked more or which one I hated more?

ToC sucked only because it was in a room. Other than that, I really liked the fights in ToC. DS sucked because the design & encounters. So DS hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul was a pretty cool instance IMO. Kind of uninspiring structure, unlike Uld, but still had some fun fights.
    Plus Deathwing was a truly epic encounter!

ToC was also quite fun. Really fun and challenging bosses with interesting mechanics. Plus the rewards at the end and the dailies that came with the patch were awesome.

Everyone says they're were terrible raids but they were actually pretty good.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Imo, both only had 1 interesting fight (spine for DS and PvP fight for TotC). Both had bosses that had no affect on the lore and had pretty generic models (excluding the main boss). The one thing that makes DS better than TotC in my eyes was that DS at least had a variety of areas to the raid, something TotC lacked.

Why do people bash ToC? It's one of my most favorite raids of all time, it certainly is one of the best.

Why does everyone hate ToC? Despite its obvious difficulty issue, that was a VERY fun patch for me. In fact, the music in there was some of the best.

ToTC was great. I enjoyed both the 5 man and the raid a lot especially since I prefer very little to no trash in raids personally.

DS was ok, it was definitely the worst raid I've done out of all of them but that's not because I thought it was genuinely a bad raid but simply because the others were better mechanic/atmosphere-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    H Anub, Faction Champs, hell even Jaraxxus were 10000x more fun than anything in Dragon Soul. Even though ToGC is pretty much "Filler Content", DS is the most piss poor excuse for a raid ever, horrible raid, horrible mechanics, horrible lore, everything about it was just awful, ToGC had plenty of flaws, but I honestly don't see how anyone could think it's worse than DS.