Poll: Trial of the Crusader vs Dragon Soul

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    ToC was arguably the worse raid (and worst raid in WoW, in my opinion), but I was more disappointed with Dragon Soul.
    I was expecting ToC to be a filler raid - merely gearing towards the final confrontation with the Lich King. It was disappointing despite low expectations. Dragon Soul on the other hand, was an end of expansion raid. Based on previous experience, I was expecting something much more epic - to really showcase the battle against Deathwing to preserve Azeroth itself.
    With much higher expectations, the disappointment was much more acute.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't actually dislike TotC. I didn't dislike DS either, so I guess I'd vote neither/both were equally as good as the other. Not astounding, but not terrible. That said, I raided heroic TotC, whilst only raiding normal (and mostly LFR), DS, having mostly given up raiding by then, so mayhap my thoughts woudl be different had I raided DS on harder difficulties.

I actually enjoyed ToC other than it being too small; I think it would have been better received if it was supplemental to Ulduar without invalidating it completely.

Other than length and Madness being lackluster I liked Dragon Soul and thought it was perfectly tuned (besides Spine ofc)

Deleted
    i never understood all the hate for DS it was a time the most guilds raided on my old server the whole expansion. personally i probly liked it only cos so many ppl i had played with for years hadnt quit yet and it was so much more fun

The poll isn't clear. Are we voting which raid is worse or better?

ToC is way better imo, and funny enough required A LOT LESS resources than DS

Man I have nothing but loathing for ToC. Running 4 lockouts per week of the exact same bosses was so tiring. PvP boss was incredibly annoying on heroic, needed to use dumb DK cheese strats. First boss took forever and the only thing that could wipe you was the last minute or two of a 10 minute fight. Second boss was easy and boring. Twin Valks was either really complicated or you used some stupid door strat which made it trivial and just a spam fest. Anub was actually a great fight, though, and I really enjoyed it. But the major fail of ToC? FUCK the 50 attempts limit thing. One player does one stupid thing and wipes you, and you lose the major piece of gear you were going for? Terrible design, led to so much fighting in groups and blaming of people. And that raid felt long and boring even without trash.

DS on the other hand, was actually my favorite time period playing WoW, though that was mostly because of people I was playing with. All the heroic fights in DS10 up to ultraxion were fun in my opinion. Ultraxion was boring, but OK. The real issue with DS was the horrendous last 3 fights. And learning spine heroic pre nerf was some of the most frustrating times of my life, only to go to madness heroic and kill it in a few attempts. Never really cared that DS had no new models, I thought the first few fights were fun. I quit after killing madness heroic 10 times for 10 mounts, so I can't say the fact that it lasted too long effected me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the story associated with DS trumps ToC in terms of memory-cringes for me. Those Green Jesus, Mustache-Twirling Megadragon, and Aggra Babby moments make me want to undergo a memory wipe.

Raid wise? Eh, ToC may have been horribly dull, but at least it was short. I never got into 25 or heroic raiding, so I thankfully dodged the torture of running that place four times a week. DS seemed to fall flat on its face when comparing what it aspired to be, and what it actually achieved. A whole plethora of reused assets was just icing on the disappointing cake.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2013-10-25 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Toc was a joke. I was a really good geared resto shaman back then, the only thing i did was alt 4 (which was spamming chainheal on myself) while watching TV. Im dead serious.
    DS was totally different as resto shaman, healing rain CH CH CH CH CH /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

anub'arak 25 heroic was a better fight than everything DS had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    anub'arak 25 heroic was a better fight than everything DS had to offer.
    Anub'arak 25 heroic was the only fight ToC had to offer.
    And while I liked it at the time, this fight wasn't necessarily hard, it's just that you wanted to kill it first try every week or you didn't get the loot that mattered.
    Also, Anub 25H became notably easier with a block gear tank. Still loved the fight, but I am not sure how challenging it would be considered by todays standards without my rose colored glasses.

I loved ToC. Lack of bosses and to an extent difficulty, but damn those fights at least had some thought put in to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Toc was a joke. I was a really good geared resto shaman back then, the only thing i did was alt 4 (which was spamming chainheal on myself) while watching TV. Im dead serious.
    That's all resto shamans did. Ever.

ToC.

2soon!

Toc and ToGc by far for me. The only fight I considered fun in DS was Ultraxion.

I clicked REPORT POST.. but couldn't find the "For Being Awesome" Option.
    Reading this thread made me laugh out loud.
    Id have to say DS was worse than TOC because TOC had no trash, could be run in 10 and 25m in the same week and was fast.
    Plus.. DS had LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Anub'arak 25 heroic was the only fight ToC had to offer.
    And while I liked it at the time, this fight wasn't necessarily hard, it's just that you wanted to kill it first try every week or you didn't get the loot that mattered.
    Also, Anub 25H became notably easier with a block gear tank. Still loved the fight, but I am not sure how challenging it would be considered by todays standards without my rose colored glasses.
    That was one of my first "Realm First" Achievements.. we brought 6 paladins and rotated BoP on whoever got chased to cheese the fight.. Clever use of game mechanics =)

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved TOC #yoloswagboacontrictors
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"