10+ Year Old Account

[Restoration] Which SoO trinkets for healing?

So, I'm a priest. My 10man has had crappy luck on healer trinket drops since... um. Firelands?

Anyway, in case some healer trinkets drop, I want to know which trinkets are good for Restoration Shamans. Hopefully I can pass on whatever would be best for the resto shammy I heal with.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Prismatic Prison of Pride is the clear #1 BiS. For the second BiS, it's a toss up between the other 3 trinkets. Thok's trinket is the clear choice in 25 man, but it is going to depend on the damage patterns in 10 man. The multi strike trinket may be better in 10 mans. Dysmorphic Samophlange is going to outperform either the cleave/multi-strike trinket in any situation where they are not providing 3.5% or more output from their cleave/multi strike procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Prismatic Prison of Pride is the clear #1 BiS. For the second BiS, it's a toss up between the other 3 trinkets. Thok's trinket is the clear choice in 25 man, but it is going to depend on the damage patterns in 10 man. The multi strike trinket may be better in 10 mans. Dysmorphic Samophlange is going to outperform either the cleave/multi-strike trinket in any situation where they are not providing 3.5% or more output from their cleave/multi strike procs.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Sucks it's the exact same for me. =|
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have a 2/2 prismatic which i use with Heroic Horridons, also 2/2. I'm finding it very difficult to part ways with the 1800 ish int the horridon trink gives. I have the multistrike trink and it equated to all of 2% of my healing. I raid 10 mans, currently 13/14 and i'm not sure i'll ever be able to get rid of Horridons...
    The mana returns are also silly and enable me to run with relatively low spirit, capping it at around 13k.
    If anyone can show me that Nazgrims multistrike trink is actually good, i'll be all for it. I'm currently hoping with Thoks cleave trink i can replace a previous tier trink... but at this stage i don't know if i ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    I currently have a 2/2 prismatic which i use with Heroic Horridons, also 2/2. I'm finding it very difficult to part ways with the 1800 ish int the horridon trink gives. I have the multistrike trink and it equated to all of 2% of my healing. I raid 10 mans, currently 13/14 and i'm not sure i'll ever be able to get rid of Horridons...
    The mana returns are also silly and enable me to run with relatively low spirit, capping it at around 13k.
    If anyone can show me that Nazgrims multistrike trink is actually good, i'll be all for it. I'm currently hoping with Thoks cleave trink i can replace a previous tier trink... but at this stage i don't know if i ever will.
    Even at only providing 2% extra output, the multistrike trinket is about equal with Horridon's Last Grasp. The Multistrike trinket averages out to being worth ~2400 INT, so it is a fairly significant INT gain over HLG. The Spirit proc is worth about 1900 Spirit on average. If you reforge/gem into 1900 more Spirit, you will lose 2-3% output, which is pretty close to the throughput gain from the multistrike proc. Overall, the trinkets would be within 1% of each other.

I would be inclined to use the multistrike trinket and just add more Spirit to make up for it, because of how unreliable HLG is. You can easily see 100% swings in how much mana it restores per minute depending on your RPPM RNG. That is difficult to rely on and gear around, so I would personally prefer the static Spirit.

I've yet to get the Sha trinket, but of the other three the Samophlange is by far my favorite. In 10 man the Thok trinket is underwhelming, it's just unreliable, on a number of fights I'm lucky if I get more then 1.5% out of it, the exceptions being Galakras and Thok where I do actually use it, ~7% and ~4% respectively. The Nazgrim trinket is a lot more reliable and tends to put out a solid 2-3%, on fights where I don't need mana I tend to use this over the Thok trinket, as it stands now though I'm still using H-TF HLG most of the time, especially on progression. Once I get the Sha trinket I'll without a doubt use that and the Samophlange, extra mana is a lot more useful than the mediocre output from Nazgrim's.
    Last edited by Barrun; 2013-10-27 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Spirit proc is worth about 1900 Spirit on average. If you reforge/gem into 1900 more Spirit, you will lose 2-3% output, which is pretty close to the throughput gain from the multistrike proc. .
    Don't you mean int proc? Nazgrims Burnished Insignia....

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Don't you mean int proc? Nazgrims Burnished Insignia....
    No, I mean the regen value of the Spirit (actually the Mp5) proc of Horridon's Last Grasp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    So, I'm a priest. My 10man has had crappy luck on healer trinket drops since... um. Firelands?

Anyway, in case some healer trinkets drop, I want to know which trinkets are good for Restoration Shamans. Hopefully I can pass on whatever would be best for the resto shammy I heal with.
    It's pretty much the same for all healers. Sha + Blackfuse trinkets are all around best. Thok and Nazgrim trinkets can replace Blackfuse on certain fights, and they are highly situational. (10 man)

As for 25 man, I expect the thok trinket to be best coupled with sha trinket on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    It's pretty much the same for all healers. Sha + Blackfuse trinkets are all around best. Thok and Nazgrim trinkets can replace Blackfuse on certain fights, and they are highly situational. (10 man)

As for 25 man, I expect the thok trinket to be best coupled with sha trinket on most fights.
    For some healers, using one of the DPS amp trinkets along with the Sha trinket will be BiS. Some other healers are going to get to the point with gear scaling that they can't drop enough Spirit as is, which would make the Blackfuse trinket a waste of stats, even if the cleave/multistrike is only providing like 2% output.

Deleted
    For some healers, using one of the DPS amp trinkets along with the Sha trinket will be BiS. Some other healers are going to get to the point with gear scaling that they can't drop enough Spirit as is, which would make the Blackfuse trinket a waste of stats, even if the cleave/multistrike is only providing like 2% output.
    How to asses if I should replace Horridon's (HC) trinket with Immersus DPS (Flex) trinket? I'm usually playing ele but on some progression fights which we do 3-healing I'm playing resto (I've got 566 max ilvl ~561-563 equiped and sha hc trinket). I'm running ~14k spirit and I rarely run oom (maybe at ends of fight when rest of healers are without mana and I have so much more to heal).

I run 25's and currently have a normal cleave trinket that is doing anywhere from 1-7% of my healing depending on the fight. Ideally getting a few good drops/coin rolls will allow for swapping on a per fight basis but it sounds like you haven't exactly had luck in that department.

Deleted
    Sonie from Method uses Sha of Pride + Blackfuse trinkets, I guess many options are viable?

Now when I'm looking more closely, his stats feels very weird or?

Going full crit must be very viable
    Last edited by mmoc6312a2699d; 2013-10-29 at 12:23 PM.