Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I think that the real problem is flying speed. Back when only ashes and arena mounts maxed out things were much better.
    Care to elaborate why it was better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit
    Garbage
    Crap
    Excessively grindy
    not worth it
    A tremendous timesink
    Underpopulated
    Said population being 100% everquest animals fuck-gushing about how "pure" and "much better" the experience is. How every other mmo is "casual"

In short, a terrible game
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Shit
    Garbage
    Crap
    Excessively grindy
    not worth it
    A tremendous timesink
    Underpopulated
    Said population being 100% everquest animals fuck-gushing about how "pure" and "much better" the experience is. How every other mmo is "casual"

In short, a terrible game
    I thought you were being sarcastic at first.

Then I saw your signature. Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Strong and stable in-game economy. Happier and more engaging players as it would take longer to explore zones, do quests, farm mobs and crafting mats etc. More and better outdoor PVP and PVE. Probably less players though since it wouldn't be casual friendly anymore.
    Has really nothing to do with 'casualfriendly'. Also all the current content does have what you want. Really, everything that is current, like questing, mats farming and mobs farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Has really nothing to do with 'casualfriendly'. Also all the current content does have what you want. Really, everything that is current, like questing, mats farming and mobs farming.
    Has everything to do with casuals. Time demanding content=Less casual players as they don't have time to do it.

Indeed, it does have all that content but it's not required to do it which means I'm not doing it.

Flying is fun. Mounts are fun. Doing without them is a completely silly proposition. No one is stopping you from walking, if that is what you feel is best for you.

Oh is time for the annual migration of the flight hating threads again? Every once in a while these guys pop their heads up and they always get the same responce, if you don't like it then you do it. You run around on a ground mount, be happy you can take the game at your own pace and stop bothering the rest of us. Of course this means you won't be able to do 80% of the tiller dailies, 1 set of shado pan dailies where you have to fly to a mantid island, get to oondasta to pick up flight point without waterwalking while riding a ground mount and challenge the petbattle alemental over the horde base in valley of eternal blossoms/sorrow or fight at least 2 rare mobs that spawn on top of column mountain formations.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have been pretty much the same except there would have been a lot more world pvp, which would have been a good thing.

Flying mounts doesn't really change anything in the game except that you are safe while traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    I thought you were being sarcastic at first.

Then I saw your signature. Oh dear...
    Nothing wrong with his sig better than having delusions that vanilla and TBC were fantastic and awesome when they we so full mindless grinding and time sinks neither of which took any skill together with a rather lack of any choice lol.

And flying mounts never being added would make the same drawn out and rather tedious if you wanted to do anything, and would remove a lot of freedom in the game, can't say it would be anything like a good idea in any way shape or form.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    i would have mained a rogue or druid for the times i just want to get somewhere...

There is already an extremely long quest chain to get flying in pandaria, I must of done like 20-30 quests in every single zone to get this quest chain completed, in fact I leveled from 85 to 90 while doing this quest chain that started with attacking a horde base in jade forest with a gnomish helicoptor and ended with me being told by a Klaxxi that my gods were not the true gods and if the old gods returned we would not be allies. This quest took me almost 3 weeks to complete and spanned all the zones in pandaria. You want me to have more quests added to that so you can feel I worked hard enough for it? I worked hard enough for it thank you very much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Nothing wrong with his sig better than having delusions that vanilla and TBC were fantastic and awesome when they we so full mindless grinding and time sinks neither of which took any skill together with a rather lack of any choice lol.

And flying mounts never being added would make the same drawn out and rather tedious if you wanted to do anything, and would remove a lot of freedom in the game, can't say it would be anything like a good idea in any way shape or form.
    Oh, I see... I'm deluded for enjoying TBC/Vanilla considerably more than its brain dead, dumbed down, uninspired, excessively bloated current incarnation?

If the game is so brilliant, why is there now less people playing it, than there was back in vanilla? When the game was so "mindless" and "grindy" as you put it.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2013-10-25 at 12:29 PM.

Oh, I see... I'm deluded for enjoying TBC/Vanilla considerably more than its brain dead, dumbed down, uninspired, excessively bloated current incarnation?

If the game is so brilliant, why is there now less people playing it, than there was back in late vanilla? When the game was so "mindless" and "grindy" as you put it.
    Please don't make me get out the big book of reasons why people stop playing warcraft, its really long as there are as many reasons why people quit games as there are sub losses and each one is as individual as a fingerprint. To say its because of the one thing you dislike is kind of self centered and narrow minded.

It would no longer be helicopter questing world I lobby craft.

And getting to MSV would be interesting.

Really I don't dislike flying mounts a ton, but they need to balance out ground mounts. Flying lets you skip land boarders and mobs, it should go slower than a ground mount IMO.

If the game is so brilliant, why is there now less people playing it, than there was back in TBC? When the game was so "mindless" and "grindy" as you put it.
    Peoples mentality towards gaming is probably different than what it was say 7/8 years ago.
    People come, people leave and get replaced by others.
    Blizzard put wow on the shelfs at the right time ....nowadays there is more to choose from and consoles seem to be booming let alone what i wrote at the start of this post, different generation of gamers want different things.
    I thought this would of been obvious but it seems you may be stuck in the past.
    I wouldnt say you was deluded....but i do think you didnt engage your brain before your fingers hit the keyboard with that dig at the games sub count and name calling...just 1 last thing..do you still play it?

a dead game.
    Without flying. noone would bother farming ores and herbs. everyone would sit in the towns waiting for the queues.

I always farmed my own mats when i did proffessions. I would never have ran around with a ground mount doing so. Which would have made me leave the game 3 expansions before i did

Deleted
    One word, Awful!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Please don't make me get out the big book of reasons why people stop playing warcraft, its really long as there are as many reasons why people quit games as there are sub losses and each one is as individual as a fingerprint. To say its because of the one thing you dislike is kind of self centered and narrow minded.
    I accept that people leave for many reasons, but to call me deluded for enjoying a certain era of the game more so than the current is seriously fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    It would no longer be helicopter questing world I lobby craft.

And getting to MSV would be interesting.

Really I don't dislike flying mounts a ton, but they need to balance out ground mounts. Flying lets you skip land boarders and mobs, it should go slower than a ground mount IMO.
    I know right? I mean cars driving to work at 60 miles an hour through traffic and winding roads or roads that go a different direction than the direction you need to go in are faster than a flying car moving at 30 miles an hour in a direct line with no obstacles, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I know right? I mean cars driving to work at 60 miles an hour through traffic and winding roads or roads that go a different direction than the direction you need to go in are faster than a flying car moving at 30 miles an hour in a direct line with no obstacles, amiright?
    It would balance it. Right now trying to use a ground mount gimps yourself in every way.

Slower flying mounts would be better. If you wanna get around run, if you want safety fly.