Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If it is a time travel expansion, I really hope they make it so that in the different timezones that you can only use ground mounts.

errr... don't use flying mounts if you don't like them?
    Yep. That's a main argument on another posts talking about skipping all levels using a button and giving you a lvl 90 with minimum required ilvl. Nobody answered anything logic. So yes, if someone don't want to use flying mounts, he can ride ground mounts, but the problem is still there.

we'd still be queueing to bgs, instances and raids from Orgrimmar and other major cities.

Deleted
    The changes made in Cata were the reason i quit WoW.
    Adding flying mounts to the old world was a bad idea.

I think I'd prefer the game.

Flying really takes out most of the immersion of the game.
    I mean yeah I could in theory run everywhere on my ground mount now but it's an absolutely stupid idea when flying mounts already exist.
    There doesn't really feel like there's much to explore and much to exploring when I can just hop on my flying ghost pony and just see everything instantly.

Back when I was first leveling and before I even knew flying mounts were much of a thing I was exploring every nook and cranny and that /was/ the game for a while. That feeling is gone. Missed it with MoP launch due to rush leveling. (Not making that mistake again with expansion.)

I pine for more "no fly" zones in the future.
    There's a time and a place for everything - and flying doesn't need to be everywhere.

Deleted
    Everyone would rely on bots to garher stuff. There would be nearly no alts and content wouldn't last even half as long as at the moment. Casuals would comply how they are all alone in the world with only bots. Casuals would as well cry because they cannot catch up since nobody is carrying them after they finally finished leveling months after the raiding crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it with all the topics about this lately? Pretty sure most people agree that lack of flying mounts, at least now that we know what it's like to have them, is a detriment to the game. Nobody puts a gun to your head and forces you to use them. There are very few places that are only accessible through flying, almost everything else can be accessible on foot or via flight path. Flying mounts are fun in the sense that they let you explore every nook and cranny of WoW, not to mention they make farming tolerable. There's really nothing I find particularly bad about flying mounts, other than say Nelf druids being able to fly away if they feel like they are in trouble. From a PvP standpoint that is the only thing that pisses me off about flying mounts.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Yep. That's a main argument on another posts talking about skipping all levels using a button and giving you a lvl 90 with minimum required ilvl. Nobody answered anything logic. So yes, if someone don't want to use flying mounts, he can ride ground mounts, but the problem is still there.
    I don't see what the 'problem' is, no flying mounts would result in more 'player interaction' if by such interaction you mean griefing. When I see threads like this, I cannot understand how anyone that has played WoW still clings to their rose colored glasses. When such 'player interaction' happens on timeless isle, it is usually followed by ten minutes of argument in general chat. Until you can find a solution to the age old problem that 99% of the time 'world pvp' involves somebody who doesn't want to be pvped being pvped, you aren't going to make the general population happy with such changes.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    In a nutshell, more effort - but a greater appreciation of the world the designers work hard to make for us.

I prefer ground mounts, honestly. It feels more interesting to navigate terrain and follow the roads to the next town or so - I loved this side of Pandaria levelling. Sure, I missed my flying mout at times, but I appreciated the zone more because I saw it from the viewpoint it should've been seen - looking up at the massive temples and statues throughout the land, rather than flying right over them. Being able to fly over everything is boring and far too easy - you can auto-fly in the direction of your destination and tab out - 5 minutes later, hey presto, you're there.

It would be much more boring place.

Newsflash. No one likes world pvp besides a small minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last 7 years??? Well 4 of them would probably been have WOW-less. Introduction of flying mount made the game a lot more fun for me personally. Don't think I would have stayed this long if we did not have flying mounts, because during Vanilla I really got bored with all the time spent wasted travelling over land or flying taxi.... So much more freedom and time was had by having flying mounts.
    Also truly despised the fact that we had to level alts to 90 this expansion before they could get flying.
    On main it's OK, on alts blergh.... that's why I didn't even level them through questng naymore and jst did instancing.... 4 of my toons never even completed jade Forest when they hit 90, because I just could not be asked going through them by ground mount again...

Love them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game would be much better. Mists of Pandaria was great because you couldn't fly from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    i would have quit ages ago.
    Its sad that people think like this, I don't mind that there is flying mounts and wouldn't mind if there wasn't any either. Thing is now that they're here, people will miss them if they're gone (AKA 85-90 leveling zones) I enjoyed the no flying mounts, it provoked more exploration, it made me appreciate the zone design more, and it slowed my questing down considerably (definitely the quest model I'd agree on for all zones)

ALTHOUGH if I am making an alt, there should be account wide flying available. The first time through I should not be allowed to have a flying mount... the second time however I should be allowed to fly it. Some people enjoy leveling alts so they can be max level while others enjoy the process there so... there should be options for both parties.

Everyone would rely on bots to garher stuff. There would be nearly no alts and content wouldn't last even half as long as at the moment. Casuals would comply how they are all alone in the world with only bots. Casuals would as well cry because they cannot catch up since nobody is carrying them after they finally finished leveling months after the raiding crowd.
    I don't see that. Bots? It's easy for them to have flying mounts and farm better (but you need a coos to do that), without flying mounts you have all the player at the ground, more to walk/juml/whatever and ganks if you are not playing (PvP could be another thing to talk, some items to avoid ganks or some tools to force people to make PvP, etc...), so your bot will be a lot less effective than your flying bot.
    I don't understand why you put casuals in this argument, but whatever...

I don't see what the 'problem' is, no flying mounts would result in more 'player interaction' if by such interaction you mean griefing. When I see threads like this, I cannot understand how anyone that has played WoW still clings to their rose colored glasses. When such 'player interaction' happens on timeless isle, it is usually followed by ten minutes of argument in general chat. Until you can find a solution to the age old problem that 99% of the time 'world pvp' involves somebody who doesn't want to be pvped being pvped, you aren't going to make the general population happy with such changes.
    I'm not talking only for player interaction. Of course there will exists the bad behaviour, like now. I'm not talking from a "rose tinted glasses", I'm just pointing the same experience in other games that I'm playing now (I unsub, but Blizzcon and Diablo3 are giving me some hope in Blizzard again, and I'm a Blizzard fanboy, this is why I'm here), and I'm enjoying more this other games (PvP and PvE) than wow, but like I said, I'm a Blizzard fun boy and I prefer WoW (but gameplay experience is kicking me so hard to resub again).

Im torn on this. If flying mounts were never brought in, how upset would you really be? I think people are looking at if from the perspective of knowing how much better they made things and if we lost them. The question was if they were never introduced in the first place. Before flying mounts...there were much more secret places that people got to that they shouldnt be, because the designers left them in with the idea no one would be able to get there... i.e. Emerald Dream.

Now there really is no mystery or hidden areas to find, everything is obtainable.

on the other end of it...i cant see playing without them anymore haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Just epic!!!
    Some new ideas that could been created:

PvP: New tools to improve PvP (for avoid PvP and engage PvP) trinkets/items/etc. Without flying mounts, that type of things are really easy to design and affect the gameplay without killing anything, and more work for players to reach/craft/loot this new items/tools, etc...so more things to do.
    PvE: New tools for users (new skills maybe?) for playing and doing quest more fast. So players have more things to play versus environement (skills and gameplay).
    Maps: Platforms, new unreachable zones (that need skills/duels/etc.. to be reached if the player base want), elite zones uniques for endgame (timeless island/emerald dragons zones, rare-elites, etc...) that give us something to worry about, etc...(too much things here XD)
    Movility: New tools to move our own ass? Yes plis! Maybe something with professions, factions only flying routes, quest/keys to unlock new routes, old teleport items, etc...
    Etc, etc, etc...too much new things...
    You realise that flying mounts are a possible solution for all of those? You basically just told us why they were introduced.

I think im more glad that they exist rather than they dont. All those times u spent travleing somewhere has been so much more quicker :P

I'm glad we have flying mounts but the game would definitely feel a bit more immersive if we had to travel everywhere by land.

Deleted
    Totally agree flying mounts made the game less immersive but I would still hate if Blizzard removed them from the game completely.
    But imagine if people could only cast the flying mount near a Inn, in specific zones or in a major city.
    If you dismounted the flying mount for any reason in the world, lets say to engage a fight between 2 players fighting for a Mining node. If for some reason you would like to run away from the fight you would have to cast the ground mount to the near "flying mount cast zone allowed". This would make some immersive encounters in the world ^^

I also always wanted an item for "world pvp'rs" that on cast could make the player dismount and fall from his mount mid air with a parachute.....unfortunately world pvp is very broken because of flying mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    unfortunately world pvp is very broken because of flying mounts
    Or you could argue that world pvp is very broken because having heroic SoO gear makes you a god, its almost not fun ganking on TI anymore because anyone not in my guild on the server dies within seconds without ever having the chance to fight back. I remember back in vanilla it was like this, you want to farm for the crusader enchant? tough luck that tier 2 geared hunter will just kill you until you go away.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn