Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    - Tera: no availability of EU servers for our region. Having to play on US servers with all the ping issues - no comments.
    - GW2: I'd better won't comment this at all. Can tell only one thing: bought the box, played for a month. Never played since. Looks like I'm just not the target audience for this game. I always find something good in every game I play; but this is the only game I could not find anything good in. Clumsy unresponsive controls, meaningless wandering here and there, lack of skills, meaningless character progression, awful animations, awful senceless zergy dungeons... And, the very worst, calling classes "professions"... meh. As I said, not the TA, obviously.

TL: DR - Whatever WoW offers, he does it way better than any competitors, that is why its great. And Blizzard are smart as game devs, smart as hell. While other devs try to blindly copy WoW's mechanics and gameplay, giving us the bad wow clone and failed wow-killer on the receiving end, Blizzard are analysing other titles' interesting gameplay elements and mechanics, and if they find something good, they rework it and implement it into WoW. They always are testing something new, and are not afraid to risk their money to do it. Their products always have high quality and their tech supports are way better than any other game has.
    Tera has EU servers, and it works great. So your point is invalid in that case.

GW - the most beatiful, rewarding world ever created in mmo, IMO. Yes, character progression is bland, but u have 10x amount of content in the world alone than in WoW. Jumping puzzles, Riddles, Events every 2 weeks, hidden zones, Champ trains [ those sux at a long run tho]. About dungeons, yup, keep standing in fire and its gg in a matter of 1 sec. Reaction time needed in this game is much much higher than in WoW raiding enviroment.

I still think, that WoW has the best PvE endgame in any mmo created. Fights are fun, raid synergy is extremely important, every buff matters, every single hit matters. But the world and combat system? There are gmaes that are doing it MUCH better.

For example, Tera's pve endgame is about to become better than WoW, in my opinion. Very dynamic, reaction based combat system, the best tanking and healing I have seen in any mmo. What it lacks is proper raids tho.

And about the enviroment and world overall, I already stated, that no mmo has a start to GW2.

Edit:

Och, and about Blizzard. Yes, it's an amazing company, they are producing great, overwhelming best sellers. However - their game are not always polished abd high quality. Look at current SC 2 balance and Diablo 3 issues. Tech support is impressive, sure. But no start to Riot Games. At all.
    Last edited by Azrieel; 2013-10-26 at 12:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To ask why WoW is so great is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature.
    Butts.

Wow does ccontinuously re-invent and refresh itself with every new expansion, but that's just the new continent,

it does have one of the best game systems for it's category, it helps that it has defined the modern mmo, and as long as it continues to do so, it will continue to be perceived and have the best form. truth be told the old game isn't updated.

it's not the best about, not with those outdated models, but it is one of the best out there, great yes, the best? no, I recently read about SwTOR's new pvp flight combat, it has a ground game many say plays better than wow, those that hate it seem to pick faults in it that are 2 years old and long since fixed, with a groudnd game very wow like and better, and space combat, I think I sahll be suscribing there when that feature launches, ilike hte stwr wars theme anyway, so a star wars wow, with space combat? Wow may be my favourite all time, but I am no longer convinced it's the best.

I heard Rift was a really good game, but everyone tells me it's a wow clone, exact for exact except with a better random event system. and people seem to prefer MoP to Rift.

as for new games, we'll see, wow is failing, but then this new expansion may turn the tide.. do you think it will?

It's great because it has something for everyone, people complain because they are passionate about the game and they care. The kind of vitriol the devs of this game get compared to others is quite different if you ever browse other forums of MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    - The gameplay is polished and smooth
    - The surroundings are detailed and varied
    - The music is amazing
    - There is a ridiculous amount of content
    - It's a social experience
    Pretty much, yep.

No other game hits the same balance as WoW, nor has an iconic a setting. The fact it runs well on older computers still really helps.

And its casual friendly, which is a good thing for a lot of people. And it doesn't force you to play in a group, its a near completely solo game if you want it to be.

Not to mention its customer service is mostly amazing. Compared to other games (cough Guild Wars 2 cough) its the best I've ever experienced.

blizzard know how to make good games, they've always been good at games, but Wow being so dominant after 10 years, that's got to be a phenomenal achievement, and i'm no fanboy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Lol what a silly question.

-Rich and exciting world
    -Plenty of different races, stories and flavors
    -Incredibly good animations
    -Really nice game system overall, from quests to UI, to inventory and health/resource
    -Beautiful artwork, stylized
    -Fantastic class design (all classes feel unique and fun to play)
    -Combat is fast paced and addictive
    -Tons, tons and tons of content
    -Well designed around playing with others
    -The best endgame out there by far, raids are fun and challenging
    -Very polished in every front

Why wouldn't it be great? People leave because it's natural to leave a game after playing 118723687123 hours of it. If you don't have anything ataching you to the game (like raids or friends) you might just go and maybe comeback for a new expansion.
    This game is insanely good and the best mmo by orders of magnitute.
    +1 you nailed it!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was great, almost the perfect game that i dreamed about since i was a child. It's not great anymore, too much change, changes made just to make a change. It's not what it used to be.

Deleted
    first of all the story
    second lack of alternatives

because I can spend time with my RL friends.

Deleted
    It just feels right. It's hard to explain, but the movement, the animations, the interface.. everything just reacts so smoothly and perfectly. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    first of all the story
    second lack of alternatives
    it's got one of the biggest storylines in video game history, it's HUGE, only a few games based on larger franchieses like star wars beats it there