Poll: Which is the most sought after DPS class for Raiding?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question Which is the most sought after DPS class for Raiding?

As the title says, which is the class in your experience that is most wanted as DPS (damage dealer) in a Raid environment, may that be guild runs or pugs.

If you can, please elaborate which specialization and why so.

Warlocks. Yup

Warlock or Hunter. Hunter has so much utility and is never bad, they excel at melee and ranged fights. Warlocks are tanky as hell, and have great dps

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Warlock or Hunter. Hunter has so much utility and is never bad, they excel at melee and ranged fights. Warlocks are tanky as hell, and have great dps
    Hunters aren't amazing I'd put them near bottom personally they bring nothing of value to the raid. I dare say only reason they are used is to soak up wpns and garbage mail

I prefer to bring the player not the class...

Deleted
    warlocks and rogues

1) warlock - great dps + demonic gate which is super useful on many fights.
    2) hunter - "ranged melee", can dps on move without any loss of damage.

Most of this expansion we have been wanting to keep a warlock in our raid, battle-rez, stamina/sp buff, teleports, health stones... so much utility to not have in your raid. Oh, and for the most part, they also output decent damage.

Deleted
    2 warlocks for 10, 5 warlocks for 25m and mix of other lesser classes.

Deleted
    heard it here first, warlock.
    Tho it depends on what each raids has and needs, but the more warlocks the merrier.

Healthstones, soulstones, stam buff, strong dps, hilarious imps, 5% magic damage, and they're pretty much invincible- what's not to love about a Warlock? Another plus is that not a lot of very casual players roll warlocks. In my experience, a random warlock is more likely to be good than a random hunter or DK.

I find that in pugs and flex, you're most likely to sneak "a really good warlock" into your group than any other class, especially compared to melee...

[edit] Also Shamans- Heroism/Mastery/Melee or Spell Haste, plus two strong raid healing cooldowns (and healing stream!), great cleave, and great burst. Given the choice between the two, I'd still pick a warlock unless I needed the buffs.
    Last edited by Hilltopperpete; 2013-10-25 at 02:06 PM. Reason: shamans exist too!

Deleted
    You can never have enough warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hunters aren't amazing I'd put them near bottom personally they bring nothing of value to the raid. I dare say only reason they are used is to soak up wpns and garbage mail
    Hunters are amazing, they can bring any buff, have decent dps that isn't decreased by movement, MD, the ability to kite shit if need be. What exactly about them makes them have "nothing of value" to a raid?

They are great on thok and can solo conveyer on blackfuse.

Ret paladins.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    hunters appear to be more useful for 10 man as they can do the jack of every trade with buffs, but in 25 man raiding you rarely get more than 2. Sometimes 1.

On raidbots, warlocks are on top for every single 10H fight - often with two of their specs occupying both the #1 and #2 spot. For 25H, only 3 fights they are not on top. Of course Blackfuse/Klaxxi/Garrosh don't have enough data in either raid size to show results, but wouldn't be surprised if it's roughly the same for those.

A bit silly really.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Warlocks. To the people arguing hunters are great -
    Please start raiding heroics and tell me the same thing. You'll be dying to get rid of your hunter to get a boomkin, ele shaman or shadow priest with their raid cooldowns instead. Movement is a non issue unless the people you play with are really bad and get their DPS hindered by movement, and bringing all buffs when a total of 5 members is needed for every buff is not even remotely great. Kiting etc... Any class can do that nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Warlocks. To the people arguing hunters are great -
    Please start raiding heroics and tell me the same thing. You'll be dying to get rid of your hunter to get a boomkin, ele shaman or shadow priest with their raid cooldowns instead. Movement is a non issue unless the people you play with are really bad and get their DPS hindered by movement, and bringing all buffs when a total of 5 members is needed for every buff is not even remotely great. Kiting etc... Any class can do that nowadays.
    Even in heroic content hunters can be great for a lot of 10man guilds because they are so flexible with buffs, and about bad players... seen the thread title? The elitest of the elite don't make up most of the searching, merely a portion.

Hunters bonus for tight 10man guilds is one week they can bring crit, the next week spell haste. This is a MASSIVE benefit to smaller guilds who will make up the bulk of recruitment. Their dps certainly ain't bad this patch either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Hunter has so much utility
    hahahahahah

and is never bad
    hahahahahah

OT: warlock is always most wanted

Warning: A more constructive answer than "hahahahahahaha" would be nice. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-10-25 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Warlocks by far.

But in this Tier, Hunters are desired for a few fights. Thok (they don't get interrupted) and Siegecrafter for the belt. For those 2 fights alone, people use double Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Even in heroic content hunters can be great for a lot of 10man guilds because they are so flexible with buffs, and about bad players... seen the thread title? The elitest of the elite don't make up most of the searching, merely a portion.

Hunters bonus for tight 10man guilds is one week they can bring crit, the next week spell haste. This is a MASSIVE benefit to smaller guilds who will make up the bulk of recruitment. Their dps certainly ain't bad this patch either.
    Also this. Making sure that you don't have to raid without Crit or Spellhaste or making sure that your groups on Spoils are covered with buffs. For 10 man I wouldn't wanna raid without a Hunter, that's for sure.