Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ...
    Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimscythe View Post
    I think they mean they had potential with Demon Dean, but they threw it away. He basically acted just like himself, but more jerk. I expected more from it too.
    i mean that is kinda what demons are. they are evil, twisted versions of the souls that have been sent to Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think fans really wanted an demon Dean. I think majority like the brothers working together because that’s what makes the show great. I mean, look at this last season when Dean was taken over by the “evil” angel. It absolutely sucked. Even before, like when Sam got taken over by Lucifer (briefly) and then lost his soul, they were still together and hunting. Those are some of the best seasons.
    i think it worked great as a season finale WTF moment. I am quite excited to see what they do this season. not many shows get to end it on their terms, so should be a wild ride

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    i mean that is kinda what demons are. they are evil, twisted versions of the souls that have been sent to Hell.
    Yeah so of course that means you go as far as being a douche in a bar.

Like come on. Jensen ackles is a great actor. They could have done anything with it other than a dude whos had a couple too many beers and is being a bit of a sleaze.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah so of course that means you go as far as being a douche in a bar.

Like come on. Jensen ackles is a great actor. They could have done anything with it other than a dude whos had a couple too many beers and is being a bit of a sleaze.
    well he did kill fairly indiscriminately. killed the fella who sold his soul, killed several demons, almost killed Sam, Cole and that douchebag from the bar. I think given that he was going to become human by the 2nd/3rd episode (can't remember which) they couldn't have him do too much anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well he did kill fairly indiscriminately. killed the fella who sold his soul, killed several demons, almost killed Sam, Cole and that douchebag from the bar. I think given that he was going to become human by the 2nd/3rd episode (can't remember which) they couldn't have him do too much anyway
    Everyone he killed was a bad guy, so basically another episode of supernatural.

Remember leviathan dean? It was one of the few enjoyable moments of those god awful seasons.

could have had more of that goodness with demon dean

Like come on. Jensen ackles is a great actor.
    I wouldn’t call him a “great” actor. He plays Dean well... but outside of that? Yeah. No. Even his performance as Michael was pretty cringy.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2019-08-13 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Wrong Angel
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Maybe this Chuck is the Chuck from the alternative universe. Would explain the sudden change in character.

Think about it: We know God created the Archangels to beat the Darkness. If we assume there is only one God (Chuck) that should mean there is only one Darkness, as she is considered his counterpart.

Which then begs the question: Why did God create Archangels in other universes? Or did he?

What if the reason Death, the Empty & Jack are having their little chat because the true God is dead, killed by alternate Chuck who's now messing things up big time?
    There's only one god, all the alternate realitys are his failed experiments, that was the premis of alt Michael's hatred of god.

I wouldn’t call him a “great” actor. He plays Dean well... but outside of that? Yeah. No. Even his performance as Michael was pretty cringy.
    I think this might be another case of an actor only doing well in role(s) that are really just an extension of the actor's personality. Is it really acting when you're just playing yourself on camera? He did play Dean well though, agreed.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    There's only one god, all the alternate realitys are his failed experiments, that was the premis of alt Michael's hatred of god.
    i have an additional theory, probably incorrect, that Amara was another creation of God as part of his experiments. He needed something to spice things up, so he created Amara, made her think that she was his big sister and then imprisoned her with the help of his Archangels. why? because he was doing different scenarios for Lucifer to become corrupted - and Amara's mark was what corrupted Lucifer in our universe. he is a writer after all....

Hes a great voice actor.

Batman under the red hood was one of the better DC animated films in awhile.

He played the red hood.

And hes been having a steady income with supernatural for 13 years so we havent seen him in much outside of supernatural to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think this might be another case of an actor only doing well in role(s) that are really just an extension of the actor's personality. Is it really acting when you're just playing yourself on camera? He did play Dean well though, agreed.
    I think so too. I always got the impression that Dean is really just how the guy behaves in real life too.

I think so too. I always got the impression that Dean is really just how the guy behaves in real life too.
    that is so ridiculous.

The actor looks like a model yet has had the same wife for years and even gave her brothers a job running his bar.

The dude is nothing like his character and is pretty straight/boring and is a family man and is more likely to go into more directing than acting after the supernatural gig. A lot of recent episodes/seasons have been directed by Jensen

Jared and misha are goofballs however (sam/castiel)
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-08-14 at 07:58 AM.

that is so ridiculous.

The actor looks like a model yet has had the same wife for years and even gave her brothers a job running his bar.

The dude is nothing like his character and is pretty straight/boring and is a family man and is more likely to go into more directing than acting after the supernatural gig. A lot of recent episodes/seasons have been directed by Jensen

Jared and misha are goofballs however (sam/castiel)
    He’s a family guy in the show, he just doesn’t have a wife and child. Though, he did play the dad and husband role for awhile while Sam was gone. Dean wanted that life after experiencing it but knew he could never really have it.

And based on interviews I’ve seen him in, he indeed comes off very much like Dean.

Also, not sure why you mentioned him looking like a model and having the same wife for so many years, like he’s a cheating pig on the show or something; he’s not.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

He’s a family guy in the show, he just doesn’t have a wife and child. Though, he did play the dad and husband role for awhile while Sam was gone. Dean wanted that life after experiencing it but knew he could never really have it.

And based on interviews I’ve seen him in, he indeed comes off very much like Dean.

Also, not sure why you mentioned him looking like a model and having the same wife for so many years, like he’s a cheating pig on the show or something; he’s not.
    disagree. He abandons said family at the drop of the hat for sam/hunting.

And earlier seasons of Dean he is a total slut going from bar to bar picking up hotties, back when supernatural hired hot actresses.

They toned it down in later seasons because of all the shit they had gone through and were basically suffering from PTSD so hitting the bars didnt quite feel right with the more mature characters.

His family is Sam/Castiel/his parents and would die for them over and over (literally) like the good solider he is. But hes not a romantic family type
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-08-15 at 06:21 AM.

And earlier seasons of Dean he is a total slut going from bar to bar picking up hotties, back when supernatural hired hot actresses.

They toned it down in later seasons because of all the shit they had gone through and were basically suffering from PTSD so hitting the bars didnt quite feel right with the more mature characters.

His family is Sam/Castiel/his parents and would die for them over and over (literally) like the good solider he is. But hes not a romantic family type
    Uh no he didn't abandon Lisa because of Sam or hunting. He left them and had Cas wipe their memories because they were kidnapped by demons in order to get to him. He did it to save them.

Uh no he didn't abandon Lisa because of Sam or hunting. He left them and had Cas wipe their memories because they were kidnapped by demons in order to get to him. He did it to save them.
    lol.

So bascially the plot, plotted its way along and got him back to hunting with Sam.

You can spin it however you like. If Dean was really a family man, he would have moved with them to canada and kitted the place out with wards.

Uhhh, think you need to go rewatch a few episodes there bud.

And “picking up hotties” isn’t being unfaithful. That’s being a single guy.

Pandaren Monk
    he left them at the start of Season 6. the memory wipe didn't happen til much later in the same season