Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    the "old man Sam"-Wig and the "Carry on"- Cover certainly did miss the mark for me.

And fuck the toxic fanbase and stans that started to harass the Actors because they didnt get their Destiel-ending .
    I'm not a fan of Destiel but they should have at least have Cass show up to see Dean in Heaven.

Overall the episode was what it was and the series has ended. There were a few rough seasons but as a whole I enjoyed it, especially the Kripke seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    With a snap of his fingers he could make every single planet habitable, give them a huge boost in technology so they can get to those planets.

Everything is possible when you can control everything in the universe.

But anyway, I kinda changed my mind after the finale. The goal is now the afterlife/heaven. That's what matters.
    That's actually an important theological point. In the Christian theology in most sects, suffering in this life really does not significantly matter; it's a test of your merit. What God is primarily concerned with is the state of your soul. He can't just "make everyone Good" without abridging free will, so "just remove evil and suffering" isn't really a possibility; it's that testing of your character that is the point of life. Pass the test(s), go to heaven for eternity. Basically. The point was never about making life on Earth the best it could be; the suffering and challenges we face are literally the point of life. We can make life on Earth better, for us, but it's not what God's focused on.

Point to be clear; Chuck is not accurate to the Christian God, in this sense. Jack's closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not a fan of Destiel but they should have at least have Cass show up to see Dean in Heaven.
    I think the point of the final episode is that the series started with Dean and Sam, and that's how it should end. Castiel could still show up to hang out, in theory, but it wasn't important to show that in the episode, any more than showing the Winchester parents. It's entirely about Sam and Dean; this is why we don't even see Sam's wife clearly, or get her name, and all we get about Sam's son is that he named him Dean, for his brother. If he hadn't been named for Dean, they wouldn't have mentioned his name at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah one could tell that Covid fucked up the Heaven part and they actually planned a lot of cameos for it. So the best alternative was to give Bobby the exposition part for everything that changed up there.

So, why couldn't Jack just snap his fingers, cure every disease, make everyone immortal, intervene everytime theres a war, bring back everyone from the dead etc etc. What's the difference between him and Chuck exactly?
    He stated why.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall I thought it was a great sendoff. Obviously some things had to be changed due to COVID, but it was fitting for an ending.
    I liked the symbolism of both brothers being able to tell each other it’s okay for them to go. Sam originally to Dean, followed by Sam’s son Dean telling Sam.
    I also liked the subtle things, such as Sam wearing a wedding ring to show he found a full life he wanted. There’s also Sam’s son having the protective tattoo, showing that while he may not be a Hunter he still knew about the world and what Sam did.
    Some people complained about the makeup and how Sam moved, but considering his hair was just starting to turn gray I figured it was more an injury or illness causing him to move like that, not bad old age acting. The main gripe I had about the age issue is they didn’t put makeup on Sam’s hands, so we had old face young hands on the death bed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    He stated why.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall I thought it was a great sendoff. Obviously some things had to be changed due to COVID, but it was fitting for an ending.
    I liked the symbolism of both brothers being able to tell each other it’s okay for them to go. Sam originally to Dean, followed by Sam’s son Dean telling Sam.
    I also liked the subtle things, such as Sam wearing a wedding ring to show he found a full life he wanted. There’s also Sam’s son having the protective tattoo, showing that while he may not be a Hunter he still knew about the world and what Sam did.
    Some people complained about the makeup and how Sam moved, but considering his hair was just starting to turn gray I figured it was more an injury or illness causing him to move like that, not bad old age acting. The main gripe I had about the age issue is they didn’t put makeup on Sam’s hands, so we had old face young hands on the death bed.
    oh as if Sam didn't moisturise his hands every single day!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh as if Sam didn't moisturise his hands every single day!
    Lol, good point :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    He stated why.
    Yeah, he did. He wanted to be hands off unlike Chuck, but Chuck wasn't exactly hands on either.

But everytime I think of that I can't help but remember this scene.

These things that Dean mentions aren't gonna stop happening.

And the story around that is Chuck was being an ass for not helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's actually an important theological point. In the Christian theology in most sects, suffering in this life really does not significantly matter; it's a test of your merit. What God is primarily concerned with is the state of your soul. He can't just "make everyone Good" without abridging free will, so "just remove evil and suffering" isn't really a possibility; it's that testing of your character that is the point of life. Pass the test(s), go to heaven for eternity. Basically. The point was never about making life on Earth the best it could be; the suffering and challenges we face are literally the point of life. We can make life on Earth better, for us, but it's not what God's focused on.

Point to be clear; Chuck is not accurate to the Christian God, in this sense. Jack's closer.
    Oh yes I know. All 3 Abrahamic religions are like that. Be good, worship and you enter heaven for eternity. (Although the worship part wouldn't really fly with western audiences) But then again neither Chuck or Jack said they need anything like that. Idk, the mythology in this show feels largely inconsistent. Obviously Chuck is nothing like God who's beyond time and space, but it has been like that for the last few seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he did. He wanted to be hands off unlike Chuck, but Chuck wasn't exactly hands on either.
    Canonically in the show, Chuck was so completely hands-on that he literally wrote every single thing we, the audience, saw in every single scene. That stuff didn't "just happen", that's all Chuck writing another chapter in his favorite story, and embellishing every detail in exactly the way he wanted things to play out. This was a big plot point this last season, and introduced as a concept much earlier. It's also why the penultimate episode where they finally beat Chuck, the solution with Jack kind of comes out of nowhere. It's almost literally the opposite of a "deus ex machina"; in the show, EVERYTHING is orchestrated by God, so the only way to beat God himself is to find a way that [I]isn't[/I] actually written in script, but makes sense in retrospect. Any foreshadowing, any hints and suggestions as to what the Winchesters were plotting, and that would have meant [I]Chuck was onto t[/I], and it wouldn't have worked. I actually think that's a point that's being overlooked a bit because I think it's actually really smartly written (or not, I guess), and they didn't call attention to it really at all.

But everytime I think of that I can't help but remember this scene.

These things that Dean mentions aren't gonna stop happening.

And the story around that is Chuck was being an ass for not helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes I know. All 3 Abrahamic religions are like that. Be good, worship and you enter heaven for eternity. (Although the worship part wouldn't really fly with western audiences) But then again neither Chuck or Jack said they need anything like that. Idk, the mythology in this show feels largely inconsistent. Obviously Chuck is nothing like God who's beyond time and space, but it has been like that for the last few seasons.
    As the season continued to roll on it was revealed that Chuck had a much bigger hand in controlling and manipulating things for his own personal enjoyment. He even states the reason he loves this universes Sam and Dean is because they never do what he expects. That said, Chuck still wrote out what happens to them and everything good and bad, especially the bad, was all done by Chuck.
    Jack is going completely hands off and letting humans shape their own story.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-11-22 at 06:42 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good, not perfect, ending. RIP Sam & Dean.

Didn't keep up with Supernatural too much and this threat made me curious but holy mother of cow did Dean the guy who fought demons/monsters/gods/death/GOD just die like that? wow, sincerely wow, that was like game of throne level of ending and i thought making god so human like was a fail on this show

I cannot believe that this show is over

People dissapointed with the finale.

Really? Shows been shit for over 5 seasons. What were you expecting? Them to somehow go back in time and do the quality of season 1 to 5?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Didn't keep up with Supernatural too much and this threat made me curious but holy mother of cow did Dean the guy who fought demons/monsters/gods/death/GOD just die like that? wow, sincerely wow, that was like game of throne level of ending and i thought making god so human like was a fail on this show
    glad i'm not the only one that thinks this way... it was such a let down...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

still better than dexter or HIMYM

Bit late to the thread, but yeah feeling a bit empty. I tended to catch up and binge the show rather than watch weekly, but knowing it was always there in the background was nice to have. Now its over it sure feels like a bit of a void in my life, along with other long-running shows I like also ending. (vampire diaries, walking dead [soon])

I didn't watch the very last episode as it had terrible reviews on IMDB. After reading them I'm glad I didn't. However the 3rd to last episode was pretty heart wrenching

Just finished the series. So sad that its finally over. I waited a long time before watching the last few episodes because I didn't want it to end. Personally, I think they should have ended it on the 2nd to last episode and left it there. The last episode was alright, nice about showing how things finally turn out but I think the ending of the 2nd would have been a perfect send off. Leave it open to them just living their life.

Signature Created by Jassinta