Need Heroic General Nazgrim tips

Currently my guild is progressing on Nazgrim on 25 man heroic
    I'm interested in others input on how we should handle the fight

I recommended that we put all our melee on the boss until 'Defensive stance' to give us the best dps uptime
    and keep our ranged on adds and have them swap to help on banners Well the melee gets on the adds during 'D stance'. Kind of like a trade off

We're managing 'okay' for adds, but i want to know peoples opinions
    Last edited by TheNationGamer; 2013-10-24 at 11:13 AM.

Tank them in melee, cleave them down other than the shamans which you focus, move nazgrim away momentarily when a shaman is near by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    Currently my guild is progressing on Nazgrim on 25 man heroic
    I'm interested in others input on how we should handle the fight

I recommended that we put all our melee on the boss until 'Defensive stance' to give us the best dps uptime
    and keep our ranged on adds and have them swap to help on banners Well the melee gets on the adds during 'D stance'. Kind of like a trade off

We're managing 'okay' for adds, but i want to know peoples opinions
    Kinda hard to help you when we have no idea what your issue is. All you've done here is telling us how you handle your ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Kinda hard to help you when we have no idea what your issue is. All you've done here is telling us how you handle your ads.
    All the fight only consists of handling the adds.

If that helps:
    The first week we placed the boss pretty much where he stands before the pull, and placed all adds on the other side of the room just to be sure that no totem will ever heal the boss. We had 3 tanks rotating, thus leading to Nazgrim having less rage, and adds being way easier to handle.

Since then we're running two tanks, and we're packing cleaving everything to kill the boss faster.

Things to keep in mind: have a kick rotation on the arcane mage at all time. They should not be killed first but should not be able to cast a single thing.
    Priority should be: Banner -> Totem -> Shaman -> Assassin -> Sniper -> Mage -> War -> Nazgrim.
    Assassin should be slowed and stunned. Ask a warlock to place a gate to quickly move away from him.
    The sniper target should be the only one hit by the sniper attack.
    Stop DPS during D. stance.
    BL right before 10% and nuke the boss down while still containing the shamans. Ignore all other adds. (Stun, kick, etc...)

The key concept of the fight is to kill the adds asap and to get away from the fire (@leap).
    If you manage to handle the adds properly you're doing things the way they are supposed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    Tank them in melee, cleave them down other than the shamans which you focus, move nazgrim away momentarily when a shaman is near by.
    Yeah, we tried that strat later on in the night...it felt overwhelming a bit

When hes in defensive stance, where do you recommend we position the boss since we have a good amount of cleave and don't want to generate rage
    Last edited by TheNationGamer; 2013-10-24 at 11:34 AM.

Tank him where the adds spawn at the start, move him to the opposite end of the room during defensive and bring him back to the add spawn point for battle and berserker. In your final burn when you have lots of adds spawn move him to the far side of the room again away from the adds and make sure that you have your plate dps picking up and controlling the shaman in particular. It's very easy to screw over the entire fight in the last burn if you let a shaman get close and drop a totem.

The vid from our first kill, which is quite nice as its not a clean kill much like I imagine your first kill will be. It shows you how we handle adds and postitioning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzfFIWrV88
    Last edited by Migraine; 2013-10-24 at 12:12 PM.

At least on 10 man, we just tanked the boss in the general area the adds spawned. If a shaman spawned we stun locked and killed it. When a totem spawned we just killed it before it could heal the boss, it has a delay before it heals of like 3 seconds. Whoever wasn't tanking the boss would hold the bladestorm mobs off to a side so it wouldn't cleave the melee. Tank swaps at 2-4 stacks (they can reset at 2 if he jumps a good bit away), whatever is most convenient at the time. When the boss is around 15% drag him to the back of the room, clean up any adds, lust and nuke him. Have your 2nd tank pick up all the adds and try to keep em stunned in the back (and do NOT let the shaman near the boss). Sub 10% there is no problem if the tank gets a bunch of stacks, boss will be dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guide for 10-man Heroic here: http://vengeanceking.com/raid-encoun...neral-nazgrim/

May not be entirely applicable to 25-man, but shows the basic timing for the fight and highlights the fact that you have absolutely no need to worry about DPSing the boss, the enrage timer is as loose as a wizard's sleeve; timings for add waves and when to finally burn the boss are on the guide and may be of use.

Cheers,
    Zab
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    dont get hit by aftershock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    dont get hit by aftershock
    Sound advice.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iglou View Post
    Things to keep in mind: have a kick rotation on the arcane mage at all time. They should not be killed first but should not be able to cast a single thing.
    Priority should be: Banner -> Totem -> Shaman -> Assassin -> Sniper -> Mage -> War -> Nazgrim.
    While I agree with the 3 tanks, because that's what we do and it makes it so much easier. We have our DK tank DGrip the shaman away from the boss and have your dps pruge/dispell the boss as fast as possible if the shaman casts an Earth Shield on the boss. We approached the 'extras' on this fight differently.

Banner > Mage > Shaman > Sniper > Assassin (move to boss/another add for cleave) > Totem (Only has an 8 yrd range) > Warr > Nazgrim

Just another video, but this is our first kill with vent going. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFHkhbXNp0

Good Luck, its all about add control and placement in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iglou View Post
    Assassin should be slowed and stunned. Ask a warlock to place a gate to quickly move away from him.
    The sniper target should be the only one hit by the sniper attack.
    Stop DPS during D. stance.
    BL right before 10% and nuke the boss down while still containing the shamans. Ignore all other adds. (Stun, kick, etc...)

The key concept of the fight is to kill the adds asap and to get away from the fire (@leap).
    If you manage to handle the adds properly you're doing things the way they are supposed to be done.
    I don't agree on the kill order, though any form of kill order is viable. I think that the sniper is on a higher prio than the assassin, as the assassin is easilly kited with slows, while the snipers damage is unmitigatable save for immunities.

A good tip: Before you enter the last Defensive stance(~2min left on Berserk), make sure that the boss is at under 15% health.

There is some weird coding that makes it so Nazgrim does NOT spawn anymore adds when he is pushed below 15%. Thus you can AFK, get people's CDs and healers mana and prepare for the last push when he goes out of Defensive stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    A good tip: Before you enter the last Defensive stance(~2min left on Berserk), make sure that the boss is at under 15% health.

There is some weird coding that makes it so Nazgrim does NOT spawn anymore adds when he is pushed below 15%. Thus you can AFK, get people's CDs and healers mana and prepare for the last push when he goes out of Defensive stance.
    Spawns 10 waves then stops till the under 10% phase. So first 8 mins = adds. last 2 = no adds. clear them up nuke boss off. (last 2 mins not counting the final big wave)
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Deleted
    We 3 tanked him. The third tanked take adds away from the boss.

Our focus :
    - Banner
    - Totem (our third tank move adds quickly so totems are pretty useless)
    - Mage (with 2 players for kick)
    - Shaman (don't forget to kick healing chain)
    - Assassin (I keep concussive shot up on him until he dies)
    - Sniper (You can stun him)
    - Warrior

Your raid have to stand away from fire after the heroic leap. If you are targeted by the sniper you can go near a wall, away from you raid. We are used to Bloodlust at pull.

When you hit 10% we let adds on our third tank and nuke the boss. If you have a low DPS raid, you can DPS Nazgrim when he has 10 seconds left on his Defensive stance just before the last 10 percent, one axe it's not a big deal for the last 30 seconds of the ight.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have people that can disarm, you can keep the assassin from being a threat by keeping him disarmed.