Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    If rep were account wide, there would be a new wave of qq:
    "My guild is forcing me to do all dailies on 20 different characters in order to hit exalted in 3 days, GG on game design blizz"

If Blizzard makes rep gain 1 time only per account:
    "Blizzard is removing incentives for us to play alts! GG blizzard for ruining alts"

I don't know, at some point, maybe it's better to simply pay gold to change class? Do it FF14 style.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    If rep were account wide, there would be a new wave of qq:
    "My guild is forcing me to do all dailies on 20 different characters in order to hit exalted in 3 days, GG on game design blizz"

If Blizzard makes rep gain 1 time only per account:
    "Blizzard is removing incentives for us to play alts! GG blizzard for ruining alts"

I don't know, at some point, maybe it's better to simply pay gold to change class? Do it FF14 style.
    That's why you put a weekly cap on the amount of rep you can gain.. Make the weekly cap 7 days worth of dailies, so it doesn't matter what char you do them on or how many, you can only gain as much as doing them every day on one char.. You would just be able to knock out all 7 days worth on 7 different chars in one day..

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main with the Beloved title should be able to go up to the other rep NPC's and say, "Hey, see this guy? He's with me, I vouch for him, treat him as you would treat me."

I'm all down with not having to regrind faction reps on each character.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yes defiantly.

I'm very proud off my early 40 exalted title back inn WOTLK. Having the rep on alts, would proboaly make me use the title on them. Just feels more right
    Yea pretty much this, I have over 40 exalted reps on my dk from wrath, but from cata and mop I have one, maybe two,

Its annoying because I know I'm going to go back and do them on him at some point

Dont get me wrong I don't think every character should have instant access to exalted stuff as soon as they meet the faction, I'd just like it to actually add them up right

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    That's why you put a weekly cap on the amount of rep you can gain.. Make the weekly cap 7 days worth of dailies, so it doesn't matter what char you do them on or how many, you can only gain as much as doing them every day on one char.. You would just be able to knock out all 7 days worth on 7 different chars in one day..
    It could work if there is an easily understandable UI for this (I am assuming there is a weekly cap per rep). Majority of players don't read forums/blue posts so the UI needs to be very clear on showing the cap. If UI isn't designed well, there is likely a surge of bug tickets Blizzard would get with people complaining that they aren't receiving rep after doing dailies.

Also, this is a continuous maintenance as this cap should likely be removed once the expansion goes through? Or will the cap be there forever?

As a side, what would alts do if there are no rep to grind and there is only raiding? Why not go FF14 style where you can pick up all of the gathering/professions/class in 1 char and just pay gold to change class? That accomplishes roughly the same thing.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

It could work if there is an easily understandable UI for this (I am assuming there is a weekly cap per rep). Majority of players don't read forums/blue posts so the UI needs to be very clear on showing the cap. If UI isn't designed well, there is likely a surge of bug tickets Blizzard would get with people complaining that they aren't receiving rep after doing dailies.
    Yea this make sense.. Maybe just have a mini bar underneath each rep displaying where you are at for the weekly? Or have it like vp and jp where you hover over the rep and it displays where you are at.. like "12000/21000" "Weekly: 2200/3500"

Also, this is a continuous maintenance as this cap should likely be removed once the expansion goes through? Or will the cap be there forever?
    The cap staying is similar to being limited by dailies from older reps as well... But I don't think it would require "continuous" maintenance to remove a rep cap from a prior xpac when a new one comes out.. But idk for sure how easy or difficult this is..

As a side, what would alts do if there are no rep to grind and there is only raiding? Why not go FF14 style where you can pick up all of the gathering/professions/class in 1 char and just pay gold to change class? That accomplishes roughly the same thing.
    That would be great, but I think it's far too late in wow's life to make this change..

There is plenty to do in the game other than grind reps and raid.. I have stayed fairly busy and haven't gotten a single MoP rep to exalted..

I wouldn't mind having account wide reps. I have switched mains a number of times since I grinded a bunch of rep on my paly and it would be nice if I didnt have to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll never get the same feeling you had when you first began the adventure. That said, it's too fast paced with a focus on the endgame now. I don't know how best to solve this, but item levels shouldn't be the means of progression.

I think some good old fashioned reps would be helpful-- added to factions that people ignore now, Timbermaw, Wintersaber, Argent Dawn, Shen'drelar, etc. Make factions be account wide but take a lot longer to complete. Some grindy, some dailies, some gated, shake it up.

When people request things they fall into the trap of all-or-none. We can have a variety of different things. We would do well with a TBC outlook on factions, but account-wide.

People who have been playing since 2005-2007 are simply jaded at this point. For me it's a huge negative to remember that no matter what I do on any new character, that Shen'drelar rep bar can't be maxed out. I can't do the Scepter quest again. So much is frozen in time. Many things should be Feats of Strength that aren't, and so much /played feels misplaced while toons we love are abandoned on dead servers.

They don't want to do free server transfers because they claim it will result in an exasorbation of the problem, the big servers becoming bigger. Know a way around that? Don't let people go to the big servers. My entire guild, hundreds of people, would jump in an instant to get off of Stormrage. It's horrible here, but we came here to recruit raiders. Being able to then move our alts from all our other prior servers all to one place, our new home, a server I already picked out, would invigorate and inspire so many people.

I've been doing this for ages. I've heard since WotLK and it's accelerated so much since then to nearly a bursting point now where people don't have the cash to fork over to move their toons, and they're scattered on so many servers over the years.

I have been wanting account wide reps for awhile, because like if you have a jewelcrafter you know how many different factions and vendors there are with patterns? its insane, it really is, to go and try to collect all of them for completionist sake. Tons of professions have tons of stuff locked away on rep vendors, and making it account wide would allow me to finally complete my collection without having to go through the tedius dailys or grind bc dungeons 100's of times (the keepers of time was the worst, get 1200 rep or so for the heroic Black morass, and ~800 for every normal run...arrgh)

I have 60 exalted reps on my hunter, my main and i wouldn't mind at all if my alts could get some of that love. I agree they should make it so that any non-current expansion rep would be grandfathered in, but keep current factions current in an expansion, make kinda no sense to hit 90 in mop and bam have all mop factions exalted on that toon, i mean yeah it would be nice, but i kinda want to work for them, at least for mop/current content reps

i don't, however want to work at getting bc, wrath etc reps, i have plenty of things to do and current content to keep doing each week, finding the time to go back and and finish all those reps, for sake of getting the patterns, and what not, simply doesn't happen.

I got exalted with the rep out in Queldanas (forget name atm) and that took many many...many normal runs and 1 heroic per day to grind out, weeks of grinding, and that was on my hunter, who has no use for anything on the vendors, i got nothing out of it, other than White Hawkstrider (from kael in magisters) but for my Paladin JC i want all those patterns they sell on vendor, and i just cant be bothered to do do those 50 runs again, just time consuming when i did it already on my hunter.

Karazan is another example, tons of patterns from vendors, inside and outside of raid, and there's tons of patterns from the vendor inside Black Temple, and the crazy long grind for AQ rep (brood rep) to be able to get tier 2.5 etc? be nice to be able to get that set on alts, even if its ugly as sin

If not account wide be nice to have a system where you get rep somehow no matter what activity you doing on your main, another tabard like system? we have enough tokens and currency stuff, i wouldn't say add another just for sake of reps, but maybe even just do like they did with the commendations in mop where if your main has revered or better, rep is doubled, or even for older reps, quadrupled? that would be ok solution, just add all reps prior to mop to that system, and be able to do current content that adds those reps (like doing the daily heroic gives bonus rep to say Molten Core rep)

I'd be ok with that, but account wide would be overall easier/better...but if we could get rep in alternative ways, doing whatever we choose that we are already doing anyways (heroics, dailys, scenarios) then that would be cool too...just give us something, cuz once exalted with mop reps, that bonus rep from heroics is wasted, scenario bonus etc, let that system be used for old reps and let it work for ALL reps, every single last one of them

Also the pvp reps, make it so that random bgs or rated bgs even give bonus rep to your choice, make the gain double or a LOT more rep, those reps take an insane long time to get exalted with, be nice to finally finish those up too.

and finally, (long post) they need to implement tabards into the ui like they did mounts/pets, pull up a window and put on any tabard u have collected, i have probably 40 tabards, i vendored a ton that are common (like sw/IF etc) just to make room in my overstuffed bank

/end

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    No.

At some point very soon it's not going to even matter what character you're on if all the "suggestion" threads have their way. In WoW in 2016 you'll have one character. That's it. You can class change at will to whatever class you want. Your one set of gear on that character works for every spec and class. Your currencies, valor, reputation, bank contents will be account wide. There's no such thing as alts.
    This is how The Secret World is, your abilities are based off of the weapons you use, and you just need 3 sets of gear, but can be any build you want. I would love this.

Yes... I think it should.

At the very least, Blizz should break the 15 Exalted Reps, 25 Exalted Reps, 55 Exalted Reps into separate chunks so that you can get the 55 Exalted achievement on one toon and then play another toon the next expansion and still get the 65 Exalted reps without having to go back and do it on your alt.

Deleted
    Yes. Don't know why they haven't changed it already. I didn't bother to do any dailies at all since throne. My main is revered everywhere she can be. It is enough to put the effort in once I won't do it twice or even more often.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    No.

At some point very soon it's not going to even matter what character you're on if all the "suggestion" threads have their way. In WoW in 2016 you'll have one character. That's it. You can class change at will to whatever class you want. Your one set of gear on that character works for every spec and class. Your currencies, valor, reputation, bank contents will be account wide. There's no such thing as alts.
    Good. Then I wouldn't have to reroll every time I get sick of my class.

The biggest problem I see with those talking about "earning" things on alts is that most of the stuff we're talking about at this point aren't difficult; they're time consuming. Combine that with the fact that mounts and pets are account wide, and all of your alts already derive what used to be the biggest reason to get to exalted with factions like the Sha'tari Skyguard and the Netherwing.

Opponents of account wide rep seem to think that playing an alt equates to wanting to start completely over; it doesn't. What it means is that you want to play a different class, and often with good reason. I played my paladin during Classic, TBC, WotLK, and the first tier of Cataclysm. In that time, the Paladin saw some rather huge changes. These days, I'm not terribly fond of the paladin; I don't dislike it, certainly, but it's not my favorite. Yet I keep her around because I just don't have the time to go back and do all the old rep grinds (Including Bloodsail, and getting my goblin rep back without losing the bloodsail) on my newer characters, who can nevertheless display "The Exalted" as their titles.

Diablo 3 is actually the perfect example of the system I think they need (and are gradually working towards). All achievements are at an account level, artisans are at an account level, your stash is account wide, but each character still gains levels and such independently. That's the system we almost have in WoW now; quests, level, and gear (particularly soulbound gear) are still character specific, while achievements, mounts, pets, and the like are account wide.

Personally? I say make it easier to do the "collector" or "achievement" style stuff at an account level, then make it harder to get to the top with the rest. It's less obnoxious to grind gear on your alts if you aren't also required to grind everything else under the sun at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Good. Then I wouldn't have to reroll every time I get sick of my class.
    Or every time Blizzard overhauls your class with the new expansion and you have to choose between keeping everything you've worked to collect and build up, or change to a class that's more enjoyable.