Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Bitfenix Prodigy Case for gaming system?

I was thinking of buying a Bitfenix Prodigy because the case is just amazing, and use it for a server, but then I got to thinking it's not going to have enough space for a lot of HDDs, etc. So I was thinking of using it as my primary rig and using my current case, Switch 810 as the server instead since I could fit more HDDs in that one and have more expandability for say a second NIC, etc.

Anyone managed to get adaquate cooling with the Prodigy and still have a GTX770 in there? I know I"ll probably have to ditch my sound card, which is kinda a bummer as I use two sound inputs (games and vent/mumble), but would be a small price to pay for an amazing case. Only other downside is I wouldn't be able to use my 3rd monitor no more, which I've grown so accustomed to. But that could be remedied by buying a 1440p monitor or two I would think, right?

So, kinda listed the cons, what are the pros for this awesome little case? Should I do it or just the Prodigy as a server instead? If it's my primary rig, I won't be having a cd drive in there and just pull everything off the server.

I have 8 3.5" HDDs currently. Only using 4 of them in my current case so was thinking I could get more space if I just used the full tower for the server instead. I just don't know how much I would miss a 3rd monitor and a sound card in the rig though. And I have a modular psu, so that may be an issue with the Prodigy as well with the connections. And cable management.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you getting the mini-itx version or the micro-atx version?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a mATX version?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811345030
    It just came out recently

- - - Updated - - -

What I can tell you about the case is a modular PSU is the best you would want to have with this or really any small case config because you then only use the wires you need of course. As for using the Mini-itx just make sure the case us not up against the wall on the left side because then you will block the air flow of your graphics card. For sound card you could always if you can afford it is get a decent USB headset. Now if you go with the mATX version of course then you have a lot more options to keep but it may be cramped. Cooling on both you should be able to fit in water cooling

I have heard about plenty of people using the prodigy case for gaming components. Its quite big for a m-itx case. People have put in 680s and 7970s in it.

You'll probably want to use a blower-design cooler (as in the nVidia stock cooler, which is awesome anyway) on the 770 so that the card isn't venting the warm air into the relatively small case.

There is an mATX version which should support the sound card as well as the graphics card, but that mainly depends on the motherboard layout.