Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I'm not a hybrid myself but can definitely relate to your point on their use in a 10 man environment. We have a shadowpriest in our guild who provides alot of off heals on particular fights (HC galakras springs to mind) and as a third healer when needed (HC jug). She is going to be away for the next reset and I think we will feel it in our progress.

As a Monk, not all hybrids are created equal. Even with a +60% healing buff every ~minute for 15 seconds, I still cannot be expected to put out more than 1.5% of the total healing by just doing my normal rotation, I don't have Revival (Monk Tranq), Renewing Mist (Monk Wild Growth/Rejuv), Enveloping Mist (Short, Super Eternal Flame) or even Soothing Mist (Basic Channeled Heal). I bring nothing more than the same talent tree (which mixes DPS and HPS so it can't be buffed without obliterating PVP balance) and a ground-targeted healing orb that does virtually no noticible healing while taking away precious GCDs.

Looking forward to the next expansion cause frankly after trying Boomkin and Shadow Priest, Windwalker brings virtually nothing a Druid doesn't bring and brings less.

I would gladly trade my freakishly good extended cleave/AoE speciality for some massive offhealing in a pinch and a raid cooldown.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Hybrid casters do less DPS by a significant margin (more this expansion than last). Hybrid melee are just fine.

It's obviously not an accident.
    Not sure where you are getting your information from but its clearly wrong.

Balance druid is doing fine, especially since this xpac has favored multidotters over most other classes. Same story with shadow priest. The only spec that is a "hybrid caster" which is doing sub-par is elemental, and even that isn't as far behind as some of the pure dps specs like MM hunter and sub rogue..

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

Balance druid is doing fine, especially since this xpac has favored multidotters over most other classes. Same story with shadow priest. The only spec that is a "hybrid caster" which is doing sub-par is elemental, and even that isn't as far behind as some of the pure dps specs like MM hunter and sub rogue..
    And how about BM/assassination? How do druids and spriests compare to affliction?

Hybrids have a (minor) dps tax that is very apparent this expansion. I wouldn't call it significant but that is subjective. Oh and with how rogues dominate, no other melee comes close enough to call the hybrids equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

DK Unholy DPS

I throw on Blood Spec, crank out Death Siphon, Death Strike, and Conversion and I get to play third tank on some fights.

When I hybrid, I know my DPS won't be top and my tanking won't be clutch, but when it comes to keeping someone busy while everyone else does what needs to be done, it can be useful.

WW/BM, backup tank, i loathe switching roles even with a class that has the same bis gear in both specs. But reforging, the extra keybinds and just being taken out of my main element every now and then just pisses me off :P

I used to be prot/fury for fights where only one tank is needed and i had a similar problem there. It usually comes down to feeling like you have to collect two sets of gear and consider every item for all situations of all your specs. Choosing tier set pieces has never been more annoying, deciding which dps trinkets to roll for when the ones who are bis for my dps spec simply doesn't function for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    As a prot pally who sometimes (rarely) goes ret, I gear completely around prot (including hit/exp caps), and swap out weapon + occasionally trinkets for ret. I end up wasting a lot of stats on exp while in ret, but since I use the same, or mostly the same, gear for the two sets, it can't be helped.

If you have a ret set, you have a prot set, barring weapon+shield and potentially trinkets
    he said port set. that would be his pirate outfit.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Windwalker brings virtually nothing a Druid doesn't bring and brings less.
    Crit Buff, AOE silence/disarm, AOE Slow, AOE stun, AOE raidwide spell damage mitigation, instacast mez that can be used as a second interrupt in some cases, abilities that often lets you ignore damage and/or redirect damage to another target. Creative uses of SEF allows you to ignore certain raid mechanics that annoy other classes.

I mean sure druid has more hybrid utility, but don't sell WW short, its got quite a bit of good tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    AOE sunder/any buffs/mobility/double deterrence etc = raid utility
    This is how you categorize raid utility on this forum and the official forum:

Does my class bring something that benefits other players? If so, this is not raid utility.

Does some other class bring something that benefits other players? If so, this is raid utility and I want it now!
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-10-27 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    As a Monk, not all hybrids are created equal. Even with a +60% healing buff every ~minute for 15 seconds, I still cannot be expected to put out more than 1.5% of the total healing by just doing my normal rotation, I don't have Revival (Monk Tranq), Renewing Mist (Monk Wild Growth/Rejuv), Enveloping Mist (Short, Super Eternal Flame) or even Soothing Mist (Basic Channeled Heal). I bring nothing more than the same talent tree (which mixes DPS and HPS so it can't be buffed without obliterating PVP balance) and a ground-targeted healing orb that does virtually no noticible healing while taking away precious GCDs.
    Thats nice, so you heal worse than other dps/heal hybrids. You know what hybrid ability you have that I would absolutely love as a pure dps melee class to be able to use in a raid? A taunt (and before anyone mentions sym, growl doesn't taunt raid bosses or most adds in raid encounters you really need a tank for). Thats really all the hybrid utility that DKs and warriors bring, so I don't really see how it can be an issue if ww hybrid utility is similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

our sub rogue does some sick numbers so I'm not sure about that

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    our sub rogue does some sick numbers so I'm not sure about that
    Sub is a fantastic and strong spec, it is just very hard to keep up with mechanics going on, so most just consider it weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a monk with MS healing and OS both dps and tank . I have managed to gather flex-normal gear and seperate my tank from my dps gear with a few exceptions.
    On those exceptions I keep a prio DPS>Tank cause I am called to dps more often than tanking and most of the times there's a need for maxing your own dps like Garrosh normal for example .
    Last edited by Mefistophelis; 2013-10-27 at 10:15 PM.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.