Deleted

The most easy solution to Shadow priest current survival in PvP

Just make it so that Focused will will be a priest whole passive ability instead of just holy and disco...then nerf it to 10% per stack...and wuala we just solved the Shadow priest survival issue and nerfed the problematic disco/holy issue in pvp... genius right?

I find shadow priests almost as hard to kill just like frost mages and all of the other casters, but i think they could use some adjustments here and there.

I kinda agree with your idea, but then they just remove the 60% armor reduction if they ever put focused will as baseline, or they can just add something similar to the temporal shield (not exactly like it).
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-10-19 at 06:26 AM.

The easiest solution to fix Shadow in PvP is to nerf Warriors, which are known as Shadow's bane since ever the game exists, thanks to Berserker Rage (which I still can't believe hasn't been removed from the game) and their array of interrupts, and are currently everywhere.

Mathematically, it is almost guaranteed that all of the games you play will also have a Warrior in them (24% * 4 = 96%). Statistically speaking, if you don't have a Warrior in your team... then the enemy will in theirs.
    There's also a fair amount of decent suggestions here.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    The easiest solution to fix Shadow in PvP is to nerf Warriors, which are known as Shadow's bane since ever the game exists, thanks to Berserker Rage (which I still can't believe hasn't been removed from the game) and their array of interrupts, and are currently everywhere.

There's also a fair amount of decent suggestions here.
    BrZ is in the game for PVE. I'd rather blizzard removed PVP from the game entirely than have them keep nerfing/changing PVE to balance PVP when the morons should just separate the two.

Deleted
    I realy have BIG issues surviving any melee vs me in arena...after i use my dispersion i am super squishy since PW:shield doesent absord much (64k max in pvp) and the only thing that gives me dmg reduction is my glyphed fade...also getting hit by a 60k ice lance isnt fun either...i either get CC'd or interupted and during those 4s of interrupt i can just stand there and look good in my shadow form but that wont win me an arena match...they realy should either give shadow back its 15% dmg reduction or give us this new thing i suggested...becouse for instance the balance druids dont miss the 15% dmg reduction removal becouse they got stuff like barkskin(20% reduction AND a crit immunity vs most classes) and then that survival instinct or wth it is that makes them have 600k hp in bear form while being specced balance...i only got that 6s dispersion wich makes me still take some dmg AND renders me unable to cast

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I find shadow priests almost as hard to kill just like frost mages and all of the other casters
    Then you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow survivability will be fine after warriors are nerfed. They could use some buffs to sustained damage though. It feels like the only time they do anything is during dp insanity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Shadow survivability will be fine after warriors are nerfed. They could use some buffs to sustained damage though. It feels like the only time they do anything is during dp insanity
    The issue isn't sustain, it's how vulnerable we are to being sat on - any game where I'm not the enemy teams kill target I'm top damage (except for warriors, who are OP right now) - but as soon as we are sat on by a competent interrupter or two, our damage drops to trivial (far more so than any other caster/healer).

This has always been the case for Shadow, but in the past it was resolved via our survivability - since we weren't great kill targets typically - you could sit on us to turn our teams damage down when you wanted to play defensive, or you could swap to someone squishy on our team when you wanted to go for a kill.

That trade-off has more or less defined Shadow's success in past arena seasons since TBC - when we're tanky enough to not be ideal kill targets, and our damage is good when we can freecast - we're viable (when one or the other isn't true, we're not).

I think they are aware of this trade-off, but no longer seem content with it. They want us to be shadow mages now I think, which is why our survivability is being normalized to the other casters, but our mobility and cooldowns or vulnerability to interrupts haven't been normalized yet. It's mostly for these PvP reasons that I suspect 6.0 might see a spec redesign for us - both the community and the developers aren't really content with Shadow's form (particularly in PvP).

Edit: I always liked the bear-cat nature of Shadow, I'm kind of sad to see it go - honestly I don't think it's such a problem for that playstyle to exist - but we don't have the vocabulary to properly differentiate Shadow's strengths and weaknesses from say, Mages or Locks - and therefore it just looks like we could heal/survive better than them (when in reality, our strengths were always offset by immobility, vulnerability to interrupts, less control, etc).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-10-25 at 10:31 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The issue isn't sustain, it's how vulnerable we are to being sat on - any game where I'm not the enemy teams kill target I'm top damage (except for warriors, who are OP right now) - but as soon as we are sat on by a competent interrupter or two, our damage drops to trivial (far more so than any other caster/healer).

This has always been the case for Shadow, but in the past it was resolved via our survivability - since we weren't great kill targets typically - you could sit on us to turn our teams damage down when you wanted to play defensive, or you could swap to someone squishy on our team when you wanted to go for a kill.

That trade-off has more or less defined Shadow's success in past arena seasons since TBC - when we're tanky enough to not be ideal kill targets, and our damage is good when we can freecast - we're viable (when one or the other isn't true, we're not).

I think they are aware of this trade-off, but no longer seem content with it. They want us to be shadow mages now I think, which is why our survivability is being normalized to the other casters, but our mobility and cooldowns or vulnerability to interrupts haven't been normalized yet. It's mostly for these PvP reasons that I suspect 6.0 might see a spec redesign for us - both the community and the developers aren't really content with Shadow's form (particularly in PvP).

Edit: I always liked the bear-cat nature of Shadow, I'm kind of sad to see it go - honestly I don't think it's such a problem for that playstyle to exist - but we don't have the vocabulary to properly differentiate Shadow's strengths and weaknesses from say, Mages or Locks - and therefore it just looks like we could heal/survive better than them (when in reality, our strengths were always offset by immobility, vulnerability to interrupts, less control, etc).
    Why do they want to make priest like shadow mage? its dumb. Shadow priest will now feel like a spec a mage or warlock lost goodbye class difference, welcome to all class are the same nowcraft

Deleted
    Just like Yvaelle said....when im being sat on im doing almost no damage..only spamming shadow word: pain for the insta dmg becouse i cant do anything else since when i try to cast i get interupted.But when im being left alone...oh shadow god im doing like 60k-65k mind blast crits or more in arena and i can melt someone realy fast with 3 orb plague + silence after.