Deleted

Top spec for PVP?

Have just started to pvp on my rogue and so far am enjoying it.

I was just wondering what the best spec is though, so far i've tried subtlety and combat and i'm prefering combat.

I find with terrible gear in subt i run out of energy all the time and combat seems a little better with the energy regen.
    So which spec is best? And what are the pros / cons of any viable spec.

Thanks alot for any input.

I'm actually curious about this as well. I'm just getting back into my Rogue, and really want to get a viable PvP set running. Spec suggestions would be appreciated.

Assasination/Subtelty

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonk View Post
    Have just started to pvp on my rogue and so far am enjoying it.

I was just wondering what the best spec is though, so far i've tried subtlety and combat and i'm prefering combat.

I find with terrible gear in subt i run out of energy all the time and combat seems a little better with the energy regen.
    So which spec is best? And what are the pros / cons of any viable spec.

Thanks alot for any input.
    i dont see how you run out of energy as sub if u keep SnD up , take in account the passive for sub that u gain energy if u keep up SnD , aswell if u;re not happy with sub go play muti is a better choice than combat.
    To get the full potential in combat u need to get in the red phase and holy crap that takes 4ever in pvp :-S

Subtlety, easily. It has the best energy regeneration and most reliable, controlled burst. Unfortunately, all the specs require a bit of ramp up to get going efficiently now, but subtlety is still the most rewarding. Assassination is easier to play and perhaps has higher sustained damage, but it just lacks the controlled burst of a good shadow dance. Combat has good burst during killing spree, but then it's useless until you can do it again. Subtlety has basically always been the hardest to play well, but if you stick it out and master it, you'll find it's the best by a significant margin.

Subtlety is the best and most fun spec in my opinion because it gives you more control over your opponent plus a good burst with shadow dance. The only disadvantage is that most of the times you need to be on the back of your opponent.
    Assassination comes second for me and it is good because you do not have too much of position requirements to do good damage. Great dot damage plus control through poisons.
    Combat is good but only if you play unrated battlegrounds in my opinion. Combat damage is very strong but it relies too much on long cooldowns, a luxury you can not have in arena or rated bgs.