Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Though I will note that the 496 Timeless gear is pretty awful on itemisation and stat budget (its practically blue quality)
    Which is why blizzard should never have allowed that level as the entry to SoO....
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    But they were still fun weren't they that challenge added in some excitement. I think I did Cata Pre-Nerf dungeons 10X more than I have for MoP dungeons.
    Oh yeah, I personally loved them to pieces. But I can see why others hated them.

Also there was a lack of alternatives. So there is that.

I hope they let us gear up via Challenge Modes in future - even if they just drop exactly the same gear with the same lockouts on drop chances. Even if its not effecient the choice would be apprieciated.

Deleted
    Remember that not all people who care about raidperformance are jerks.
    There is good players out there who actually want to help, if the bad players want to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Which is why blizzard should never have allowed that level as the entry to SoO....
    Agreed. People should have had to do ToT at least.

But things are what they are. At least we've got Flex now.

There are two kinds of special snowflakes, the ones who have successfully overcome obstacles and the butthurt failures who seek to make sure no one is more special than them. There are a number of the later in here who believe they speak on behalf of the majority. Just goes to show how far these players ego issues go.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-10-26 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    People didn't quit from heroics. That's a myth 100%. Show me proof of it.
    Personally I saw two guilds slowly die because long-time members grew tired of spending 3+ hours attempting to pug heroic dungeons every night for 346 ilevel blues. The process snowballed. Once the tank left, a healer quit. With those guys gone, the three DPS who used to run with them quit. I've heard many similar stories from others. None of my non-raiding friends even play WoW any more. The only players I know in the game now raid pretty regularly. I can't show you proof, but I've witnessed plenty of anecdotal evidence first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Because it's fun!!! That's why you play a game. Why are you raging because some idiot in your group is looking at youtube instead of playing the game? The fact that you can persevere and come out with loot in spite of him is good. Why do you want to punish the 20 people who are trying because 5 people are just there to game the system? Sure I can (sometimes) AFK my way to loot. Is that fun? No! That's the incentive: the fun of doing your best in the game and overcoming obstacles, even if the obstacles are other players who are trying to troll the group. You guys are acting like raiding is a professional sport or something. No one is paying you to do well in raids; you're actually paying for access to them. You're just doing them for fun. If some people have fun AFKing to loot let them. The majority don't find that to be fun.
    It's obviously up to oneself to determine what feels appealing but personally I can't find the fun in carrying easily 10+ shitheads I don't know and never see again.
    Not that it matters as I did join the afk masses anyways.
    But I basically agree with the sentiment that it isn't really that people are as incredibly bad as they look per se or have gotten very significantly worse - most just don't care as long as they can afk/play total shit and still get items.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If you whisper bads who are failing they typically snap at you no matter how polite you are and start up a fight in raid chat.
    That's not my experience. When I say something like, "Next time you do this fight you might want to do X and Y because it will buff your DPS/Heals," they respond with, "Thank you. I didn't know that!" Of course, if you tell them they're "failing" or "doing it wrong" they'll probably take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Agreed. People should have had to do ToT at least.

But things are what they are. At least we've got Flex now.
    LFR isn't a bad design. I think it's great where if your group is against a brick wall you get a boost every attempt...but there needs to be checks and balances. Have you done all prior tiers of LFR(1 tier behind current), do you have gems (minus legendary chain ones), are you enchanted? If the answer is yes que away...if the answer is no then go do your time.

Just today I had to trolling the living mess out of a tank to get him to bail because the boss was nearly 3 shotting him to death and he was a dk.
    This doesn't help anything. It just makes the community more toxic and creates an unpleasant environment for everyone.

If I could sit down with this player yes I could teach him the many things he is doing wrong BUT LFR isn't that type of forum.
    It was never meant to be that type of forum and you don't need to teach him the many things. Usually just working on a couple of the most egregious offenses is enough to ensure success.

That is what 5 mans are made for BUT because the masses wanted 5 mans to be a joke now players don't learn their class there.
    That's not why they did away with 5-mans. The reason 5-mans are gone is that they take time to make and Blizzard wanted to spend the time they would have spent doing that to make raids instead. That's why you have LFR. Trust me, if casuals could pick between 5-mans and LFR I think most of them would go with 5-mans. Even most raiders I know would agree with that.

didnt fully read up all pages
    but i do think there should be 'some' standards in lfr that wouldnt be considered elitest
    i know its pretty lax in terms of dps req for lfr, but at least you should be able to know the basics of your class, that is what leveling is for

i see ungemmed/unenchanted tanks in lfr ~500k hp, then asking wtf do i do here then complain to the healers when they die when they didnt move out from stuff (like ashen wall pre nerf) i do believe tanks have the more important job in lfr and need to read up on mechanics
    dk tanks using necrotic strike, icy touch/plague strike while forgoing death strike (maybe hitting ~5 in an entire boss fight)
    dps pulling ~40k dps with 5 stacks of det
    or even healers pullling <20k hps with multiple stacks and they generally have 100% mana the entire fight

i wouldnt call those examples elitest, these are jsut some of the stuff ive seen
    not reading the boss fight also is common thing in lfr
    like most boss fights you can cheese it, but fights like nazgrim pre nerf, 1 time had about 10 ppl still attacking him in def stance even though most of us was shouting to stop but they dont listen :S very frustrating

This doesn't help anything. It just makes the community more toxic and creates an unpleasant environment for everyone.

It was never meant to be that type of forum and you don't need to teach him the many things. Usually just working on a couple of the most egregious offenses is enough to ensure success.

That's not why they did away with 5-mans. The reason 5-mans are gone is that they take time to make and Blizzard wanted to spend the time they would have spent doing that to make raids instead. That's why you have LFR. Trust me, if casuals could pick between 5-mans and LFR I think most of them would go with 5-mans. Even most raiders I know would agree with that.
    Well if that is the case, then blizzard can put the LFR tier gear on valor vendors for 2K a pop and allow the bosses in LFR to drop them as well. Since you think only reason casuals are doing LFR is loot by your last comment.

For your first comment, there are some people that just need to be clearly removed from the raid. You can't deny that at times people are just that bad and if they have a primary role Tank/Healer you have to get them out or else you won't go anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    It's obviously up to oneself to determine what feels appealing but personally I can't find the fun in carrying easily 10+ shitheads I don't know and never see again.
    Then don't run LFR. Problem solved. You see it as carrying them, but it's not like they begged you to join in the raid to rage at them. I'm sure they'd be perfectly happy running it without you.

Not that it matters as I did join the afk masses anyways.
    And therefore you have no room to talk. You are 3x the shithead for having the ability to help but refusing to do it out of spite.

But I basically agree with the sentiment that it isn't really that people are as incredibly bad as they look per se or have gotten very significantly worse - most just don't care as long as they can afk/play total shit and still get items.
    Sorry, but you typically can't AFK to infinite loot in LFR. In my experience AFKers are far less common than what these forums make out. The few times I have seen someone AFK they were kicked pretty quickly. I can't imagine that loot would come very quickly when you queue for forty five minutes, get one item from a boss before getting kicked, queue for forty five minutes, get no items off that same boss before being kicked yet again. If you seriously want to spend 5 hours AFKing to loot that you could have gotten in 45 minutes by just playing your character I'd almost have to say you earned that loot. Who the hell wants to babysit their queue for 5 hours straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    didnt fully read up all pages
    but i do think there should be 'some' standards in lfr that wouldnt be considered elitest
    i know its pretty lax in terms of dps req for lfr, but at least you should be able to know the basics of your class, that is what leveling is for

i see ungemmed/unenchanted tanks in lfr ~500k hp, then asking wtf do i do here then complain to the healers when they die when they didnt move out from stuff (like ashen wall pre nerf) i do believe tanks have the more important job in lfr and need to read up on mechanics
    dk tanks using necrotic strike, icy touch/plague strike while forgoing death strike (maybe hitting ~5 in an entire boss fight)
    dps pulling ~40k dps with 5 stacks of det
    or even healers pullling <20k hps with multiple stacks and they generally have 100% mana the entire fight

i wouldnt call those examples elitest, these are jsut some of the stuff ive seen
    not reading the boss fight also is common thing in lfr
    like most boss fights you can cheese it, but fights like nazgrim pre nerf, 1 time had about 10 ppl still attacking him in def stance even though most of us was shouting to stop but they dont listen :S very frustrating
    Which is why I can't wait for blizzard to address their vote kick system. Only option they have other than putting other checks in gems/enchants.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but you typically can't AFK to infinite loot in LFR. In my experience AFKers are far less common than what these forums make out. The few times I have seen someone AFK they were kicked pretty quickly. I can't imagine that loot would come very quickly when you queue for forty five minutes, get one item from a boss before getting kicked, queue for forty five minutes, get no items off that same boss before being kicked yet again. If you seriously want to spend 5 hours AFKing to loot that you could have gotten in 45 minutes by just playing your character I'd almost have to say you earned that loot. Who the hell wants to babysit their queue for 5 hours straight?
    Bots do the queing pretty well... so they aint sitting there... My friend had a rather decent one that could out dps a lot of the toxic players that are in LFR

Well if that is the case, then blizzard can put the LFR tier gear on valor vendors for 2K a pop and allow the bosses in LFR to drop them as well. Since you think only reason casuals are doing LFR is loot by your last comment.
    Where did I mention loot in my last comment? I was referring to end game progression, and loot is certainly a part of that, but Timeless Isle and Pet Battles just aren't enough to hold someone's interest for more than a couple of weeks. What else is left to do for a casual player? LFR is it right now.

For your first comment, there are some people that just need to be clearly removed from the raid. You can't deny that at times people are just that bad and if they have a primary role Tank/Healer you have to get them out or else you won't go anywhere
    That's what VTK is for and if you can manage to keep the group out of combat long enough it usually happens when it's warranted, especially if it involves a tank who is repeatedly wiping the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Bots do the queing pretty well... so they aint sitting there... My friend had a rather decent one that could out dps a lot of the toxic players that are in LFR
    Bots are against the ToS, and they are not a new issue. Someday your friend may get caught and banned. If he's willing to risk that over a couple of 522 ilevel pieces of gear then more power to him.

That's what VTK is for and if you can manage to keep the group out of combat long enough it usually happens when it's warranted, especially if it involves a tank who is repeatedly wiping the group.

Bots are against the ToS, and they are not a new issue. Someday your friend may get caught and banned. If he's willing to risk that over a couple of 522 ilevel pieces of gear then more power to him.
    VTK gets legit players up to 2 hour times very quickly with how many toxic players are there. I've had to stop voting but push for a player to get removed just to bring down MY ability to get rid of bad players. I could careless if they are bad one tier below but on current level content you just can't do that and expect others to carry you.

Yes bots are against the ToS. We all know this and you are right sooner or later he is going to get caught. No idea why he pays for a game he isn't playing but the point I was making is these things out dps real life people AND generally avoid most avoidable damage.