Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I'd agree with them not taking people seriously if they play a draenei DK as there are races out there who give you a far higher advantage over other places. But I wouldn't turn down a night elf DK if they know how to use the racial properly.

To be honest it really depends on the server as well. For example on the realm I play with (a highly competitive realm), I think you will have trouble finding partners if you decide to play a draenei DK rather than any other race.

PvP is far different from PvE. Even though certain racials can give you a slight edge in PvE (some more than others) it usually isn't really a deal breaker.

For PvP it's different. If you manage to do a lot more pressure during the opener due to racials, you'll be able to force more CDs used as well which means you can push out more pressure throughout the game. If you manage to outlive CDs due to one racial, it means you won't have to use other CDs in order to survive, which again means you can endure more CDs later on or use CDs at different times.
    Other racials give you a higher advantage vs certains classes like wotf, orc stun resistance or shadowmeld.
    If you don't have to use your trinket for fear it means you can use it for a different CD (Take warrior for example. If you use wotf on a warrior fear instead of your trinket, it means you can use your trinket on a stun after 30-45 seconds).

Then we have draenei. They have a measly healing CD which doesn't really help much in most situations since it's diminished by battle fatigue.

The above reasons are the reasons I would rather take a human DK or a nelf DK or even a gnome DK above a draenei DK. Especially when playing with more inexperienced players who usually do not really know what to do in most situations.

I'm not trying to say: "don't play draenei" but I'm just telling you the reasons why people would be skeptical of playing with a draenei DK. :P
    Thank you, this is a very clear reply. I think I'll stay human then.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, from my expirience a lot of horde DKs play without pvp trinket just hoping for ibf, lich, dececrated ground. but on the other hand horde races can react with BE silence, UD wotf or like I played as orc female with -10% stun reduction meta, sitting full hammer whole 4 seconds - as said above "smth that can force cds or keep cds", but not Gift Of Naaru poor cd for PvP, affected by battle fatigue making it almost useless

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Thank you, this is a very clear reply. I think I'll stay human then.
    I wouldn't base your decision just off of that. Most people won't care what race you play, and the few that do typically aren't the type of people you'd want to play with anyway. And you probably won't notice any difference in your battles either. Racials aren't nearly as important as some people make them out to be. I've raced changed countless times on a whim, and it doesn't change a thing.

I've played at 2600~ rating several times myself and have a lot of multi-glad friends that have as well, and have never ONCE turned down a potential teammate based on his character's race, or heard of anyone I know doing it either. Not trying to brag, just stating that even at that level people still pick races for aesthetic reasons. I don't think it will ever be an issue; a good player is a good player.

That being said, I won't lie to you and say that human isn't the stronger choice, because it is. However, it won't be game-breaking if you'd rather play Draenei and look like a badass, and knowledgeable players certainly aren't going to turn you down because of it. If someone does, you're better off avoiding them anyways.

TLDR: Pick the race you like and just roll with it.
    Last edited by Dookles; 2013-10-28 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    While I strongly belive skill>race, I must say I would rather pick a worgen or nelf for an ally char. Everbody are filled with dmg these days and the worgen/nelf racials are all very versatile both offensively and defensively.

Anyways, I play a troll and a dwarf, both locks, and its because I LOVE playing trolls, and if I dont enjoy the game I automaticaly lose the feeling to win and so on...
    Why dwarf? dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post
    I've played at 2600~ rating several times myself and have a lot of multi-glad friends that have as well, and have never ONCE turned down a potential teammate based on his character's race, or heard of anyone I know doing it either. Not trying to brag, just stating that even at that level people still pick races for aesthetic reasons. I don't think it will ever be an issue; a good player is a good player.

That being said, I won't lie to you and say that human isn't the stronger choice, because it is. However, it won't be game-breaking if you'd rather play Draenei and look like a badass, and knowledgeable players certainly aren't going to turn you down because of it. If someone does, you're better off avoiding them anyways.

TLDR: Pick the race you like and just roll with it.
    This post is how I feel aswell.

I don't know a single person who would purposefully not invite someone to a group because of their race. You might get questioned or 'laughed' at a few times in Arena, but it's nothing to be worried about. Pushing 2.2k would be easier if you were a human, but changing race has the tiniest impact on your rating. If you could get 2.2k as Human, you could get 2.2k as Draenei. If you can't get 2.2k as Draenei, being a Human wouldn't change that.

If you want to play Draenei, go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I prefer human. Gift of the Naruu is nothing to shake a stick at.

If you don't go Gnome you're already doing it wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    If you don't go Gnome you're already doing it wrong
    You mean, "if you don't punt gnomes, you're doing it wrong"

Never, ever human. Not even once.

Deleted
    Well if you not aim to be top 0.1 or0.5 you should just choce the rase who you like much