Deleted

[Guardian] Trinket+setbonus question

Hello fellow druids and nondruids.
    ive got a question about what i should wear.
    first about trinkets
    ive got
    540 Ticking Ebon Detonator http://www.wowhead.com/item=104865
    553 Rooks unlucky Talisman http://www.wowhead.com/item=102296
    540 Curse of Hubris http://www.wowhead.com/item=104898
    522 Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan http://www.wowhead.com/item=94511

wich 2 of them should i wear? im tending to the Detonator and Hubris

secondly i want to know how powerfull our 4p setbonus is.
    im currently wearing the upgraded chesttoken (548) and flex legs (540) but i also have 2 warforged items for these slots.
    specificly Pamelas Muuscat Wraps (559) and Ariells Ancient Legwraps (567)
    is the setbonus powerfull enough to outweight the ilvl-/statdifference?

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    Hello fellow druids and nondruids.
    ive got a question about what i should wear.
    first about trinkets
    ive got
    540 Ticking Ebon Detonator http://www.wowhead.com/item=104865
    553 Rooks unlucky Talisman http://www.wowhead.com/item=102296
    540 Curse of Hubris http://www.wowhead.com/item=104898
    522 Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan http://www.wowhead.com/item=94511

wich 2 of them should i wear? im tending to the Detonator and Hubris

secondly i want to know how powerfull our 4p setbonus is.
    im currently wearing the upgraded chesttoken (548) and flex legs (540) but i also have 2 warforged items for these slots.
    specificly Pamelas Muuscat Wraps (559) and Ariells Ancient Legwraps (567)
    is the setbonus powerfull enough to outweight the ilvl-/statdifference?
    Unless you need the Hit from the SPA trinket there's no real reason to use that one. I'd go with TEB and Rook's (if AoE damage is an issue) or TEB and Hubris (Macro it with NV). As for the 2-set I don't theorycraft hard enough to make an educated guess but think the warforged gear you have is better until you get 4 set.

Don't use SPA unless you need the Hit for some reason, which you shouldn't. Rook's is pretty worthless unless you need it for a specific reason (Malkorok, Thok). Which leaves Hubris and TEB, despite the fact that TEB isn't that great.

As for the items, the 2pc isn't enough to worry over. Sure it's nice, but it's not that big of a deal. I'd probably use the WF items over the flex pieces you listed.

After using the set bonuses for a while I came to the conclusion that they are only good for soloing and crap for raiding. I dumped them for higher ilvl. Agree no good choices for second trinket. If you go with the stam trinket though that gives you a lot more freedom to gem anyway you want. I would choose higher constant rage generation over proc-based burst rage generation.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    After using the set bonuses for a while I came to the conclusion that they are only good for soloing and crap for raiding. I dumped them for higher ilvl. Agree no good choices for second trinket. If you go with the stam trinket though that gives you a lot more freedom to gem anyway you want. I would choose higher constant rage generation over proc-based burst rage generation.
    The set bonuses are good in their own right, their benefit is just easier to see when soloing stuff. In certain situations, I do plan out the 2pc in advance to directly abuse it, but it is much weaker than it was on the PTR. The 4pc, beyond preventing my untimely demise when my HP gets dangerously low, the self-healing benefits are akin to Ysera's Gift. The total benefit of the set bonuses are more noticeable when you try to underheal something to meet an enrage timer, and you need to rely on personal survivability a lot more. If one doesn't run into those situations, higher ilvl pieces over tier may prove more useful.

Curse of Hubris does have it's place, beyond just rage generation. I use it on heroic Siegecrafter to kill the Shredders, as it gives me well over 100% crit for 15 seconds and reduces the chance of extra Overloads going off (very nice at lower stacks, especially since I still don't have a heroic weapon). However, even in normal raiding, the same concept is applicable in situations where something needs to die in a timely fashion and/or one does not want to leave threat to chance. I suppose the more general answer is that every trinket has its place.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

To be honest, 2 set bonus is unnoticeable, and the 4 set well.... i wrote a weakaura function to track the healing done by the 4 set and the overhealing it does too, live during combat (cz i know i can see recount or WoL, I just wanted to track it live during combat) and there's always like 50-57% overhealing done from it, and I'm very very annoyed by that fact, it feels pretty useless with that amount of overhealing it does, dunno if i'll start noticing any improvements of usefulness in heroics, but nothing will be groundbreaking i guess. Im thinking of dropping the tier pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Don't use SPA unless you need the Hit for some reason, which you shouldn't. Rook's is pretty worthless unless you need it for a specific reason (Malkorok, Thok). Which leaves Hubris and TEB, despite the fact that TEB isn't that great.

As for the items, the 2pc isn't enough to worry over. Sure it's nice, but it's not that big of a deal. I'd probably use the WF items over the flex pieces you listed.
    Maybe you can dispel an impression that I'm getting, which is that my second trinket is garbage. Hubris seems to be too much crit, Rook seems highly situational, logs I've looked at point to Jugg being awful, and TEB is Mastery. I guess I could use TEB for the AGI proc, but I don't feel great about it. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe use a cleave dps trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The set bonuses are good in their own right, their benefit is just easier to see when soloing stuff. In certain situations, I do plan out the 2pc in advance to directly abuse it, but it is much weaker than it was on the PTR. The 4pc, beyond preventing my untimely demise when my HP gets dangerously low, the self-healing benefits are akin to Ysera's Gift. The total benefit of the set bonuses are more noticeable when you try to underheal something to meet an enrage timer, and you need to rely on personal survivability a lot more. If one doesn't run into those situations, higher ilvl pieces over tier may prove more useful.

Curse of Hubris does have it's place, beyond just rage generation. I use it on heroic Siegecrafter to kill the Shredders, as it gives me well over 100% crit for 15 seconds and reduces the chance of extra Overloads going off (very nice at lower stacks, especially since I still don't have a heroic weapon). However, even in normal raiding, the same concept is applicable in situations where something needs to die in a timely fashion and/or one does not want to leave threat to chance. I suppose the more general answer is that every trinket has its place.
    I would choose Curse of Hubris over Rook's as well, it just refuses to drop. The issue with the 4pc is if you're keeping Savage Defense up all the time your rarely taking any damage. When you do take damage it tends be in big chunks so I'd rather have rage saved for FR. Also I believe dodged attacks don't count towards vengeance which is another reason to just heal with FR instead of keeping SD up. I'm not totally against SD, it can be very powerful in some situations, but in general tanks have so much survivability that I'd rather just do as much damage and threat as possible.

Maybe you can dispel an impression that I'm getting, which is that my second trinket is garbage. Hubris seems to be too much crit, Rook seems highly situational, logs I've looked at point to Jugg being awful, and TEB is Mastery. I guess I could use TEB for the AGI proc, but I don't feel great about it. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe use a cleave dps trinket?
    There aren't any pure RPS trinkets in SoO. Since we Crit softcap so easily now, that tanks the "tank" value of any Crit/Agi trinkets. They're still great for DPS, but not for generating Rage.

The best RPS trinket we have is Bloodlust from ToT

It's substantially better on 10m than it is on 25m. Nowadays I take almost 0 direct heals, even for fights where I'm tanking almost the entire time like Pride, Norushen, or Protectors. I've certainly heard a lot of anecdotal evidence that since the tank generally gets bombed with heals anyway in 25m (smart and direct) that any healing done by the 4pc is totally superfluous. That's definitely not the case in 10m though.

It's substantially better on 10m than it is on 25m. Nowadays I take almost 0 direct heals, even for fights where I'm tanking almost the entire time like Pride, Norushen, or Protectors. I've certainly heard a lot of anecdotal evidence that since the tank generally gets bombed with heals anyway in 25m (smart and direct) that any healing done by the 4pc is totally superfluous. That's definitely not the case in 10m though.
    yes i can confirm that, I raid 25 men, 50-60% overhealing.