10+ Year Old Account

Something is eating my RAM.

I've had my laptop for almost half a year now and it's starting to acting up a bit. Suddenly while browsing, I'm getting a warning that I have little RAM available. I check task manager and I am using 90%+ of my RAM (Has 8Gb 1333Mhz)

The thing is though, when I look at task manager and RAMMap, nothing actually seems to be using the memory. The program using the most memory is Chrome, but nowhere near enough to go over even 50%.

I've tried to disable all extensions and delete all unecessary programs. No luck.

Any idea what could cause this? Faulty ram?
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should make an iso disk of memtest and see what it finds out.

http://www.memtest86.com/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Delete chrome, disable hibernation, disable system protection, turn off page file, disable uac. And generally, do a clean install every 6-9 months. Of course everything i said is useless if ram is physically fucked.

Deleted
    Check memory usage from resource monitor, it gives a bit more accurate information of memory usage.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-10-26 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I've had my laptop for almost half a year now and it's starting to acting up a bit. Suddenly while browsing, I'm getting a warning that I have little RAM available. I check task manager and I am using 90%+ of my RAM (Has 8Gb 1333Mhz)

The thing is though, when I look at task manager and RAMMap, nothing actually seems to be using the memory. The program using the most memory is Chrome, but nowhere near enough to go over even 50%.

I've tried to disable all extensions and delete all unecessary programs. No luck.

Any idea what could cause this? Faulty ram?
    Well what exactly does RAMMap show that memory as? Free? Standby? How is your page file set up?

This sounds like a memory leak.

FWIIW a faulty RAM will usually lead to a crash or BSoD.