Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Has your opinion about MOP chaged since Blizzcon 2011 ?

I mean, most people were shocked when Blizzard announced officially MOP as the new expansion.

Now that we have played it during most than a year and the 3 major patches has been released, and we have seen the conclusion of the Pandarea campaing, you think different about this expansion.

Personally , it was a really really pleasent surprised, I mean, I also wanted an expansion about Old gods and emerald dream, but after playing it, the raids, the new mechanics, the new features like Proving Grounds and challenge modes. I will say that it was a very very solid expansion.

And about the lore, maybe people will say that not was epic, but it was refreshing and fun,. The story of pandaria, the parangos, the rise of Garrosh as a villain, the deception of Jaina, NAzgrim, etc

It was a great expansion and with a lot of things to do, it was not perfect, but man, it was waaaaaay better than Cataclysm in almost all aspect of the game.

What do you think?

P.D : If you had not played Wow during this exp, I dont believe that your opinion is very valid.
    Last edited by fenixazul; 2013-10-27 at 03:39 AM.

I didn't exactly come back to WoW until 4.3 and it was around April, I believe. I had the next expansion explained to me and I thought it sounded dumb. Then I played around a bit in the game and refamiliarized myself with it and even before I found out about the Sha and the Mogu and long before the game actually came out and I found out it was straight up brutal, I was already coming around.

Now? Nothing much to say, really. The story is violent and full of tragedies, the only really "goofy bits" aren't that prevalent and they're almost entirely kept in a single zone and even that has a gloomy completion quest.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I am as pleased with MoP as much as I hoped I would've been based on BlizzCon 2011. The only thing I have a different opinion on were Pet Battles. They are quite a bit more fun than I thought they would be.

It was a nice break I suppose from what we'd been currently getting every expansion, but I think the majority of people are tired of Pandaria and the entire theme in general. Bring on the darker, more bad ass stuff. If that makes sense.

Chris Metzen can make anything exciting, he made MoP sound exciting at blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not looking forward to mop and no I have not changed my mind. I started playing it in July and it is not good. The rep factions take a whole month of like 4 hrs a day doing daily quests. The zone music is incredibly annoying. The only quest zone any good is dread wastes. The no flying till 90 kills any kind of fun mining on an alt. the dungeons give barely any exp compared to questing and they are boring since there is only 2 dungeons at lvl 85-86 2 at 87-88 and 2 at 89-90. In SoO the zones do not even feel connected I guess sometime after killing sha of pride I took a boat ride to Orgrimmar.

Metzen made it seem awesome. And it is/was awesome. I'm having a blast, best raid content since Ulduar/ICC, story is awesome. Good mix of dark/funny moments. First expansion with all lore based on things in the World of Warcraft and not really much to do with RTS characters (In terms of villains.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Chris Metzen can make anything exciting, he made MoP sound exciting at blizzcon
    "Just think of this... as the calm... before the storm."

Yessir, Mr. Metzen. Yessir.

Simple answer? Nope, my opinion has not changed. I thought it would be good and I proved myself right.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I went into this with an open mind (paid 45$ on it after all), and came out bored on the other side as far as most of pandaria-specific events were concerned.

Legendary quest: a fetch quest farce spread out as long as possible to make it feel legendary. Celestial part only thing legendary about it.

Pandaren: was expecting a mysterious and mystical race, found a bunch of doofuses, hypocrites (taranzhu) and a few interesting characters who should have served as templates for the race. Chen stormstout proved once again useless, just like in the WC3 bonus campaign.

Was treated as an imbecile most of the beginning of the expansion, as if I didn't help Thrall pull away from mindless war and didn't help Jaina found Theramore. It was pretty insulting for no reason. Learned nothing I hadn't learned from them.

I could go on, but bottom line is, my opinion has changed: they should have never made pandaria not because they don't belong in WoW, but because they feel like a weak and unimportant race, their introduction to the game sucks, and Metzen, sorry, but it did feel like a joke (again...). If they'd only have introduced the Wandering Isle pandaren it would have been 10x better.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2013-10-27 at 04:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty excited about Mists and really enjoyed the game... up until I burnt myself out. First time I'd canceled my subscription since Wrath. I'm still not overly keen to get back in to it. That may change after the next Blizzcon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    I was not looking forward to mop and no I have not changed my mind. I started playing it in July and it is not good. The rep factions take a whole month of like 4 hrs a day doing daily quests. The zone music is incredibly annoying. The only quest zone any good is dread wastes. The no flying till 90 kills any kind of fun mining on an alt. the dungeons give barely any exp compared to questing and they are boring since there is only 2 dungeons at lvl 85-86 2 at 87-88 and 2 at 89-90. In SoO the zones do not even feel connected I guess sometime after killing sha of pride I took a boat ride to Orgrimmar.
    They fixed the reps in 5.1 (Made them pretty pointless, completly pointless by 5.2), they even admitted to them being a mistake.
    IF you do SoO on Normal, you get all the lore that links the wings together. After Sha of Pride, Jaina just opens a portal to Orgrimmar. I do agree it wasn't the best execution but the zone was somewhat good.

I'm overally really pleased with MoP myself, its refreshing after Cata.

I still think Shieldwall is the best execution of a daily hub ever. Lore questlines ever day or two you do dailies without having to wait for Honored/Revered to get one? Yes plz. More of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I was not looking forward to mop and no I have not changed my mind. I started playing it in July and it is not good. The rep factions take a whole month of like 4 hrs a day doing daily quests.
    ... how does it take you 4 hours to do dailies ? I mean ... if you're doing literally every faction (launch factions as well as patched-in factions) on 2 characters, both of whom only have healing specs ... ?

Back on topic: I don't know if I really had an opinion on it, other than being pretty excited. I think it's more than lived up to the hype. I think MoP is as solid as the game's ever been that I've experienced. If this and BC had switched places in release timing, everyone would be talking about the MoP glory days forever and calling BC garbage.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    They fixed the reps in 5.1 (Made them pretty pointless, completly pointless by 5.2), they even admitted to them being a mistake.
    Which I still disagree with. I'll look back at 5.0 as the greatest non-raid patch in the game's history.

I still think Shieldwall is the best execution of a daily hub ever. Lore questlines ever day or two you do dailies without having to wait for Honored/Revered to get one? Yes plz. More of that.
    Totally agree. Make it larger and add at least two more hubs and continue with the big important yellow quests and cutscenes and they'd be amazing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I am impressed by it. Alliance vs Horde, I thought it would be a whole lot worse initially with all the controversy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Totally agree. Make it larger and add at least two more hubs and continue with the big important yellow quests and cutscenes and they'd be amazing.
    I would have loved them to continue the war upwards into Pandaria more. Expand, conquer territory, and take portions of the land for their own. Really bring the war to Pandaria and drive home, earlier, the effect it's having on the land. After all, we'd already wiped out the first six sha by the time of Landfall, so we could have explored how we were damaging the land without worrying about more sha popping up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played a lot of MoP (been subbed for maybe two months with it), but here's my two cents:

When MoP was announced at Blizzcon, I was flabbergasted. I at first thought it was a joke, and then though that Blizz had gone insane. I stuck it out through launch, and then quit soon afterward. Too many changes I didn't like.

Now... I still think MoP has a lot of problems. 5mans were handled terribly, and I still dislike the talent stubs a lot, just to name two things. It's not a game I want to play regularly. That said, I think much of Pandaria was extremely well done. It's taken some big steps in what I consider the "right" direction for WoW.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

You don't have to do a single daily quest to hit exalted on the MoP factions.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    ... how does it take you 4 hours to do dailies ? I mean ... if you're doing literally every faction (launch factions as well as patched-in factions) on 2 characters, both of whom only have healing specs ... ?.
    Yes every faction. The farm dailies, shieldwall, cloud serpent, anglers, golden lotus, shado pan, and klaxxi. Some of these factions like golden lotus took 45mins each day

Yes every faction. The farm dailies, shieldwall, cloud serpent, anglers, golden lotus, shado pan, and klaxxi. Some of these factions like golden lotus took 45mins each day
    At the start of the expansion, sure. Now you can do a heroic and a scenario and, hey, quick rep + valor at the same time. Farm some warbringers and, hey, free rep tokens.

Furthermore, I didn't bother doing more than 2 factions per character because, well, you don't need to hit exalted on every single faction unless you're a completionist, in which case you lose the right to complain about it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu