Arms Jewelcrafting Gems?

I checked the Arms guide and there was no mention of what to use for Serpent's Eye gems as a jewelcrafter. Sorry if this has been covered before.

I know regularly I am supposed to gem for crit because 2 crit > 1 str. Thing is, JC gems for whatever reason are either double strength (320 as opposed to 160) or 1.5x crit (480 instead of 320). Is the JC crit gem still better than the str gem? or is 1 str > 1.5 crit? Any input is appreciated.

For the record: My other profession is blacksmithing and I am considering switching to engineering.

http://www.icy-veins.com/arms-warrio...ns-consumables

1. Gems

Follow that more or less.

Or for even better result go to:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/

and input your character (Remember to edit weights and set it to [Enable "At Least" Mode].
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

I like Noxxic. I find their site much more user friendly. (Icy veins is a great site, which I also use, but it is a whole lotta site and its kinda a CF)

PvE:

Suggests to use Smooth Serpent's Eye.

PvP:

Also suggests using Smooth Serpent's Eye.

But ask Mr. Robot will be more accurate. That is the general suggestion, however if you are short on other stats for a specific breakpoint, then it would be advisable to fill those in, which AskmrRobot will tell you.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

It depends on your gear, I'm at a point gearing wise where 1 item can tip the scales of whether it is better to use 480 crit or 320 strength. Only way you can really tell is by using simcraft and running a few tests, stick your weights into ask mr robot and see what it comes up with.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Make sure to sim your character for that without the JC gems, then take a look at the weights. If 1.5x crit is better than 1 strength then add the Smoother Serpent's Eye instead of a bold in there and do another sim to make sure it stays that way. If so, keep doing it. If it turns out the Bold one wins, so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

bold is also 320x1.1 cus of kings and plate armor bonus
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    For the record: My other profession is blacksmithing and I am considering switching to engineering.
    If you want to min/max don't do it. BS gives 2 extra gems = 720 crit.
    The rest is already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    Of the two professions, I'd recommend dropping JC instead of BS if you're seriously considering picking up Engy. Ultimately though, the difference between those three professions is rather minor. If you can justify the change to yourself, go for it, otherwise it's perfectly fine to stick with what you've got.

Without knowing your specific values for crit and strength, we can't give you the correct answer, the best we can do is give a general guideline. As Arms, at low levels of gear, the str gem will generally come out as the stronger of the two options. Once you get some higher gear, and some more baseline str, crit starts to gain more and more value, and at some point the Crit gem will give you a bigger increase.

The difference between the two options is quite small tho. If you want to be able to switch to Fury with some ease, I'd recommend that you take the Crit gem, as that is by far the best gem for Fury.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    If you want to min/max don't do it. BS gives 2 extra gems = 720 crit.
    The rest is already answered.
    JC is weak this xpac; if you drop anything, drop that.

BS is one of the best profs, as is engineering.

Aye if you're gonna switch then drop JC, fact is that JC gets short changed on secondary stats (crit). 2x the secondary stats on normal gems and only 1.5x on the JC profession gems. BS + Engi is the ideal setup.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4