Poll: Would you like to play Paladin as a Gnome?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Night Elf Paladins make way more sense than Gnome Paladins.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins aren't Priest + Warrior.

Paladins actually draw power from a totally different source and have much stricter rules than Priests.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Lore-wise it would make sense. That in terms of race/class ratio, the Alliance is missing one paladin option, and Gnome is missing a class option in comparison to other races. Gnome Paladin would fit perfectly not just lore, but also in terms of race+class combos.

But most people here wouldn't care. There is just blind hatred for gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Gnome warriors is funny because it's ironic and impossible. Gnome paladins wouldn't be cool or funny, it'd be stupid. Just like cow paladins.
    Yes obviously impossible. Just like magic and dragons. Or Goblins and Dwarves being warriors despite only being a foot taller. Oh yes, let's ignore all the other stuff that would be impossible, just reserve that for stuff we don't like....

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Paladins actually draw power from a totally different source and have much stricter rules than Priests.
    Paladins are essentially priest+warrior lore-wise. Turaylon was a priest then was trained in fighting.The only different between a priest and a paladin really is that the paladin imbues himself and his own attacks with the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Pretty sure that's exactly what they are. Granted they don't use the skill set of both world, but Uther was a warrior that became a priest and then a paladin. Turaylon was a priest that trained as a warrior and became a paladin.

And all paladins and priest draw their power from the same source. The Light.

I'd rather have gnome druids and undead paladins.

Another "Gnomes need X class". I honestly admit I've never seen paladins being asked for. Anyway, fuck no. Gnomes lessen the Warrior and DK class already, don't add the paladins too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    I'd rather have gnome druids and undead paladins.
    Yea, and their animal forms are Sea horse as aquatic, Kitten as Feral, Armodillo as Guardian and a Fluffy Chicken as Boomkin! I am all up for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Oh I am the opposite of conservative. But I am a big fan of diversity and variety.
    The more everything becomes the same, the less need there is for 11 races and 10 classes.. Might as well merge them all into one, and extend the talent specs to 5...
    And that I do not believe to be an improvement. Which I can't see to be present if Gnomes could be Paladins.
    My main is a druid.. Up until Cata, there were only 2 options... Night Elf, and Tauren..
    It never crossed my mind to request an extension to other races.
    But it crossed other people's minds, which is something you need to understand.
    For example I couldn't care less about the dance studio but I'm not going to TELL people to STOP asking for it because I recognize that it would improve the experience for people other than myself.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins would be good, but hunters would be even better.

Deleted
    Hell no..
    Is everything ok upstairs?

Unlocking all race/class combinations would be nice, and actually make things more interesting. Problem is people who care more about keeping their lore ducks in a row than game play will throw a temper tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No the problem is that only a handful of races have racial abilities worth a shit and if you unlocked everything only those races would ever be represented, making the game suck in that aspect alone. Not to mention undead druids would need to be annihilated from existence.
    That's why we never see Pandaren Monks and Orc Monks are rampant, right? Oh wait....

Deleted
    [x] vote for gnome paladins

in fact, every class should be playable as gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea, and their animal forms are Sea horse as aquatic, Kitten as Feral, Armodillo as Guardian and a Fluffy Chicken as Boomkin! I am all up for that!
    nah, their class title changes from "Druid" to "veritech pilot" and they just use a giant shape shifting robot for all their forms.

Gnome Hunters should happen, I think every race should have Hunters, like all of them have Warriors. Can't understand why Humans and Undead didn't have Hunters before Cata.

Anyways Undead Druid would be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, only if we get Forsaken Paladins first.

Undead can be priests and warriors? Check.

Sir Zeliek says hello.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    That's why we never see Pandaren Monks and Orc Monks are rampant, right? Oh wait....
    Pandaren actually have decent racials though.

ITT: people determined to smash remaining Lore.

Yes. They stretched it a bit with worgen Druids, Tauren paladins and goblin shamans.

I'd say throw the gnomes the hunter thing to shut them up, but paladins, shamans and Druids do not belong on the gnome list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Meh, only if we get Forsaken Paladins first.

Undead can be priests and warriors? Check.

Sir Zeliek says hello.

- - - Updated - - -

Sir Zeliek was a terrible example. First, he was held against his will an hated every second of it. Why? Because the basic tenants of paladins is to be against such a thing. He tried to warn players away because he isn't want to kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Gnome Hunters should happen, I think every race should have Hunters, like all of them have Warriors. Can't understand why Humans and Undead didn't have Hunters before Cata.

Anyways Undead Druid would be fun.
    Because gnomes and animals don't mix? He'll their mounts aren't even animals. They live in a mechanical city totally cut off from nature. They won't be tending to cats, training dogs and learning to have a relationship with spiders.

That is why. No contact with animals in their society, so no hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Sir Zeliek was a terrible example. First, he was held against his will an hated every second of it. Why? Because the basic tenants of paladins is to be against such a thing. He tried to warn players away because he isn't want to kill them.
    Here, let me help you out, the underlying message of the post is: "FORSAKEN PALADINS ARE SUPER UNLIKELY BUT THEY'RE MORE LIKELY THAN GNOME PALADINS EVEN PLAYING BY YOUR RULES. THIS IS NOT A POST ARGUING FOR FORSAKEN PALADINS, RATHER AN ANALOGY TO SHOW YOU HOW STUPID GNOME PALADINS WOULD BE."

Is that clear enough for you?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Because gnomes and animals don't mix? He'll their mounts aren't even animals. They live in a mechanical city totally cut off from nature. They won't be tending to cats, training dogs and learning to have a relationship with spiders.

That is why. No contact with animals in their society, so no hunters.
    The class is more about ranged combat with pets in addition to that. Gnomes are all about guns. That's why it makes zero sense for them to be missing.

Besides they have been living outside of Gnomeregan for quite a while now and also share much culture with the Dwarves. There is no reason they couldn't have tamed the same beasts of Dun Morogh.

Gnome priests make less sense than Gnome hunters by a wide margin.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2013-10-27 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

They have two okay racials, the reduced falling damage and the bonus rested XP, not that great compared to a straight out AP boost and expertise boost of orcs