Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes Alliance loses more, but only slightly. You will still win and lose roughly half of your random BGs regardless of faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    You don't even need numbers to prove alliance loses more in a random BG. Only a fool would think otherwise.
    Yeah, facts are so unnecessary when you can rely on anecdotal accounts and QQ like "I played 20 BGs this weekend and lost 18 so that is proof that Alliance loses more".

Well thanks for providing feedback and such on the win/loss ratio but my question wasn't answered yet.

Is random BGs still the best way to gear up on alliance, or choose IoC/AV ?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well thanks for providing feedback and such on the win/loss ratio but my question wasn't answered yet.

The IOC/AV queue length for Alliance, in my experience, is NEVER less than 10 minutes. With that in mind, I think randoms are still your best bet. Also, do the Isle of Thunder PVP dailies (takes less than 8 minutes), check for the Horde bosses in Krasarang Wilds, and do the Venture Bay dailies if you are really hard up for honor.

when i pvped on alliance i won alot more than on horde.
    This is on my battlegroup.

Atleast in our battlegroup no matter the bg, alliance wins more.
    Except if i have my one friend playing with me...then we win all the time. Due to us playing the objectives well.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Random is best most times. Blacklist Silvershard, and if another horde BG is the "call to arms", blacklist that shit too, because you won't win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    True, but it swings back and forth. A year ago Alliance was winning basically everything. The tides always turn heavily in favor of one faction or the other, for some reason, rather than just being an even split.
    This is true. I used to play Alliance pre-5.4 and during my game time, Alliance tends to win more. But since 5.4 hit, Horde keeps winning again, even during my game time.

Thank god for faction change. I could not deal with Alliance losing all night (winning like 2/10 bg's and sometimes losing an IoC or AV). This is the same thing I felt before when I rolled Horde and we usually lose all the time.

It's really just a wheel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Over these past 7 years I've swung back and forth on both factions and I can say one thing: I dont notice a difference.

I win roughly between 2/3 and 3/4 of my BGs, people complain how their team sucks and there are bots everywhere.

After playing 8 years and being on both factions... I can confirm that Alliance DOES lose more often than Horde in Random BGS. Other than AV and Isle of Conquest, Alliance has a shitty time in BGS. That's why I hardly BG unless it's AV or Isle weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    My win ratio in BGs as Alliance is above 50%... so...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Played a lot as Alliance for years. It's ridiculous, the whole faction blows. Single-queue AV and spam heroic dungeons and turn Justice into Honor. Fucking around going 2-10 in WSG or something gets you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I win roughly between 2/3 and 3/4 of my BGs, people complain how their team sucks and there are bots everywhere.
    I win 200% of the time. It's as real as your numbers if you are claiming to actually queue random all the time.

If you do randoms alone you can expect to lose a bit more than you win because you will face some premades.

It also makes a big difference what your gear is like and how you decide to play. People say one person can't make much difference, but I disagree unless we are talking about 40 man bg's. When doing randoms you often have half the team or more doing something other than playing game objectives. A single player who has good gear, decent skill and is actually trying to help his team win makes a noticeable difference in the wins and losses ratio in any 10-15 man random bg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
    I win 200% of the time. It's as real as your numbers if you are claiming to actually queue random all the time.
    Yeah, I have my doubts about those numbers. You could be the best PvP'er in the world and you wouldn't exert enough influence on random battlegrounds to skew the numbers that heavily in your favour.

Nah, IoC also favors Alliance, to a lesser degree. Alliance players tell me that SSM favors Horde, but to be honest I have done too few of them to see what that imbalance is, design wise.
    silver shard mine does favor the horde because the lava cart is the fastest cart to cap and it loops around beside the horde base

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    If you do randoms alone you can expect to lose a bit more than you win because you will face some premades.

It also makes a big difference what your gear is like and how you decide to play. People say one person can't make much difference, but I disagree unless we are talking about 40 man bg's. When doing randoms you often have half the team or more doing something other than playing game objectives. A single player who has good gear, decent skill and is actually trying to help his team win makes a noticeable difference in the wins and losses ratio in any 10-15 man random bg.
    the biggest difference maker in a random bg if you are running by yourself is HEALERS! no matter how geared/good you are, if the other team has 3 healers to your 0-1 and they have at least half a brain you will more than likely lose

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Wait till its the AV days and grind grind grind. Horde never wins AV.
    Actually, Its easier to grind on IoC call to arms than AV call to arms. Horde has managed to win some AV better than they do it on IoC.

But if you gonna grind outside of Call to arms, AV is better.

Just be grateful they don't require any PVP for PVE goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Battlegroups are not relevant for random bgs anymore, for some time.
    I beg to differ.

I only group with the same realms when I do randoms, my battlegroup realms, except when it is 40 man bgs.

True, but it swings back and forth. A year ago Alliance was winning basically everything. The tides always turn heavily in favor of one faction or the other, for some reason, rather than just being an even split.
    Faction change is why it swings back and forth.

A year ago I was playing Alliance, now both my mains are Horde. I tend to switch sides every expansion or at least once a year. Willing to bet I am not the only person that does this.

Not only that but the best PVE guild on our server Huge in Japan also switched horde over the last year.

From my Alliance PoV, we seem to be doing better on the recent weekend (man having a mental block here... the 2nd wsg style map)

However the SSM's is severely horde biased, they get faster access to two carts, and since they spawn nearer them it's easier to back them up.

Apart from that (Ignoring the 40 mans as I blocked those) things aren't too bad, Alliance does seem to send in more lower geared chars tho, and more often than not, less healers.