Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No, sadly my opinion hasn't changed. I cringed when I saw that panda flop down on the screen at blizzcon 2011 and I *still* am not on board. I am eagerly awaiting the end of this expansion. Hopefully soon we can wake up from this nightmare and continue playing World of Warcraft again... =[

I try not to be a complete hater but really the only time I liked this expansion was the alliance intro in Jade forest leading up to the statue being destroyed. Rel was awesome. The raccoon thingy was awesome. But that was what... 2 hours of the expansion for me? lol

I was skeptical when it was first announced. I ended up getting in the beta and that is when I realized that they had really improved on many of the mechanics that I disliked. All in all I thought the expansion was one of the best they have ever made, very refreshing after Cata.

Just a quick question for those who keep saying MoP doesn't fit WoW's theme.. What is WoW's theme.. I want to understand what you mean when you say that but every time I think about it, it doesn't make sense. Maybe someone can explain to me and I'll start to understand a little more the reason behind your thinking.
    Excited

Yes, it did.

I disliked pandas and China in the trailer and in the beta news after. It was dislike at first sight.

I still wanted to give MOP a fair try, so I bought it, played for a month or two.

I was severely irritated by the silliness of rotund, nomnom pandas at every corner of the continent. Chinese script, recipes, names, architecture, music, it was a poor copy of real world culture. It was not inspired by china, but it copied china. After trying it, I only felt worse about MOP.

I can now say, I tried it and it truly sucked, even worse than I expected. My view of MOP changed even more negatively since Blizzcon.

I came in with an open mind but honestly it's been a disappointing expansion. Not as bad as cataclysm but still far below what I expect from blizzard (SC2:HOTS was much more on their level)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

My opinion hasn't at all changed.
    I played MoP, and I still regard it as a weak expansion, as far as where it took place.
    Gameplay-wise, it wasn't bad - but super-stylized chinese imagery doesn't fit my vision of WoW at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was a good expansion for a lot of reasons but the main thing for me was the AMAZING raiding content and how quickly they came out. The story was exciting and interesting and all the hints and foreshadowing has given the future of the game ALOT of hype and expectations. They will DEF go back to older lore char we need to finish and I can almost promise you of that.

MoP did alot for the future health of the game like Flex coming out (and many other things) as well as testing and tunning different features that have done well. MoP was one of the best expansions and i cant wait till the next Expansion!!

Deleted
    I still dont like Pandas, i also dont like the asian theme... am i the only one who thinks it would be great to kill a real dragon again? Not these windserpents but real classic dragons because Dragonslaying is a big part of the game.
    I really want the next xpac a lot more "Warcraft-like".

The story is also quite underwhelming... we killed the LK, defeated Kiljaeden and Deathwing... then we go to Pandaria to fight Hozen. We killed real Old Gods, now we fight parts of them. A faction leader who is a orc on steroids with some sha corruption is the final xpac boss...

I am impressed by MoP by the sheer content,quality,lore and consistency. I have kept my mind opened since it was announced though. MoP is the best xpac to date.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-10-27 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    I still dont like Pandas, i also dont like the asian theme... am i the only one who thinks it would be great to kill a real dragon again? Not these windserpents but real classic dragons because Dragonslaying is a big part of the game.
    I really want the next xpac a lot more "Warcraft-like".

The story is also quite underwhelming... we killed the LK, defeated Kiljaeden and Deathwing... then we go to Pandaria to fight Hozen. We killed real Old Gods, now we fight parts of them. A faction leader who is a orc on steroids with some sha corruption is the final xpac boss...
    MOP sucked in too many ways to recount.

We will get WoW lore in the next expak, but we will also carry the fail features forward into the next expansion: LFR, lack of talent trees, faceroll dungeons, class homogenization and so on. It dampens my hopes for WoW's future success.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought mop was going to be cool. It ended up sucking really bad. The game just keeps getting worse and worse with every expansion. Blizzard's lost their touch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was put off by the Pandaren at the start. Would have preferred them to focus on current world, instead of creating new.

Now? I love MoP. Blizzard really outdone themselves this expansion in terms of lore. Klaxxi, 5.1 questline, 5.2 questline, Wrathion, etc, all of it was fucking amazing. I just can't get over how cool SoG is in terms of the bosses we fight. Fighting the Paragons, Nazgrim, Malkrok, Zaela, etc, all of that is just amazing, and much better than an entire raid full of no names with the last boss being the only one important to lore.