Thread: Gear for WPvP?

Deleted

Gear for WPvP?

To be honest, I'm not sure how much PvP power is effective during WPvP, so what is the best gear to use?

My PvP gear: 504 (will be slightly higher, i'm 200 points away from second weapon, so assume i have both), grievous PvP weps and 4 other pieces, rest tyrannical

My PvE gear: 521, 536 weapon, t16 2 piece bonus, mostly LFR gear from SoO and ToT with some celestial pieces thrown in

obviously i keep my freedom trinket, but is it worth having the other PvP one (burst on demand)

oh and i'm ww monk, for reference to the 2piece

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure how much PvP power is effective during WPvP, so what is the best gear to use?

My PvP gear: 504 (will be slightly higher, i'm 200 points away from second weapon, so assume i have both), grievous PvP weps and 4 other pieces, rest tyrannical

My PvE gear: 521, 536 weapon, t16 2 piece bonus, mostly LFR gear from SoO and ToT with some celestial pieces thrown in

obviously i keep my freedom trinket, but is it worth having the other PvP one (burst on demand)

LFR gear is better than conquest gear for wpvp

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    LFR gear is better than conquest gear for wpvp
    Or LFR gear with pvp weapon + trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    To be honest in my opinion the set piece bonus to the pvp gear is too good to give up. Im running 4 pieces pvp gear, pvp insignia and pvp weapons currently, rest is lfr gear.

I plan on swapping out my pvp weapons to pve ones when they drop. So far i have had no problems fighting pve geared players in wpvp. Durago@outland (eu) is my armory if ya want a look at my gear atm. May be logged out in full pvp tho.

Equip your pvp trinkets and Weapon, rest pve. Biggest advantage of pve gear is the higher hp pool.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Equip your pvp trinkets and Weapon, rest pve. Biggest advantage of pve gear is the higher hp pool.

Pvp 4 piece bonus for ww is too good to miss though. The amount of time touch of deathing a player has gotten me a clutch kill on healer etc in wpvp is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Pvp 4 piece bonus for ww is too good to miss though. The amount of time touch of deathing a player has gotten me a clutch kill on healer etc in wpvp is unreal.
    Ah you are right. My main is spriest, and the 4 set bonus is not really necessary in wpvp.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    For ww monks the 2, 4 and glove pieces are extremely good for wpvp hard to give them up really.

Gloves- roll and flying serpent kick remove snares effects.
    2 piece- Increases range of Fist of Fury incredibly important for catching multiple groups of players at range 10 yards
    4 piece- Touch of death now useable on players below 10% life

Deleted
    Im using pvp weaps and 4p grievous, rest is upgraded flex.

PvP Power that comes on PvP isn't THAT great. As soon as the 1h weapon passes like 1k dmg or more, it becomes more viable in wPvP (Dont know the exact numbers, check the weapon and the exact %).
    Same goes for 2h, although the % is double that, so it takes a bit higher dmg of PvE 2hander to become better.

For armor, I guess it depends on how much more stats you'd have compared to PvP power from PvP part.
    And ofc, set bonuses, depending on your class.

I'm probably missing something but I'm at work so...

Deleted
    cheers the the answers all, so what i'm getting from this is

PvP trinkets and grievous weps, unless the PvE one really outgears it (which it won't for me)
    PvE gear, UNLESS (as in my case) the set pieces are really good on PvP gear

sound about right?

Deleted
    I'm running full PvE (half HC) atm. I'd use PvP trinkets and Grievous weapon if I'd have them. Rest definitely PvE for a hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

PvP trinkets and grievous weps, unless the PvE one really outgears it (which it won't for me)

sound about right?
    Yarr sounds 'bout right

Deleted

sound about right?
    You got it man.

Now can anybody tell me is crit or haste our most favourable stat as ww now that mastery has been changed.

Deleted

sound about right?
    To be honest, no. only use pvp freedom trinket. I'm using the 11K agility per 115 sec one, blows people up in seconds. Secondly. LFR gear is worse than grievous. pve gear only gets better at 540-545+

- - - Updated - - -

You got it man.

Now can anybody tell me is crit or haste our most favourable stat as ww now that mastery has been changed.
    crit > mastery=haste

You got it man.

I feel like haste with Chi Brew is the way to go. Played around with mastery but haste is better imo.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    You got it man.

awesome ^^ and i run about 4k haste with ascension, then do all agility/crit gems, and reforge to crit. i never feel too energy starved really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I feel like haste with Chi Brew is the way to go. Played around with mastery but haste is better imo.
    crit is the best tho

yeah, world PvP feels like vanilla all over again.. I'm full pvp-geared and tried attacking a 570 lock with almost full heroic gear and a 740K hp pool with a sacked pet who 3-shots me every time I get in range on my dk.. the AMS gives me about 4 secs more until I die ungracefully right after

10+ Year Old Account

PvE gear is always better for WPvP, well unless they are the same/close ilvl. For example I am WPvP-ing with my 560 ilvl PvE gear, and I own people, usually wround 510 ilvl.