Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

you don't go on a crusade you "feel offended"that's a backwards concept.

You know what I read... excuses for excuses and shadows.
    I see no reason to feel offended by those ads. I'm not oversensitive like some others are.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    More talking about your earlier statement of lots of sheltered white gamers in here, just because we don't share your opinion. You tend to do that a lot.
    Sheltered white gamers litter this forum... I don't judge every single person here because of them lmao. For isntance there are 10 people and 8 of them are racist I would say that group draws tons of racist, not calling the other 2 racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I see no reason to feel offended by those ads. I'm not oversensitive like some others are.
    you're not oversensitive miss runaway from every muslim becuase they're bad...? Really?!

Deleted
    you're not oversensitive miss runaway from every muslim becuase they're bad...? Really?!
    Being against a religion and the values it instills in people have nothing to do with racism.

ITT: Themius stereotyping like mad while calling other racists the problem. Fuck me, do you wake up and shave the word hypocrite across you forehead each morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Being against a religion and the values it instills in people have nothing to do with racism.
    Honey you're over sensitive a few people do bad things and now they're all bad. Are you this sensitive about everything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It is when you incorrectly conflate the way people behave with the values the religion instills.
    You should read some religious texts. I'll do the same to people who are die-hard catholics or christains. Religion has nothing to do with race.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    ITT: Themius stereotyping like mad while calling other racists the problem. Fuck me, do you wake up and shave the word hypocrite across you forehead each morning?
    Honey you're over sensitive a few people do bad things and now they're all bad. Are you this sensitive about everything?
    Welp, instantly proved my point

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I"m not stereotyping anyone. I mentioned the type of people that are on this forum en masse, at least in this section.

Deleted
    Because you don't understand what you're talking about. This is the problem with ethnocentrism. It is fundamentally a position of ignorance. It is not the same as preferring one's own culture or asking that immigrants conform to the existing culture to a degree that allows proper functioning within society. It is a refusal to understand any other culture from any perspective other than that of your own culture. So long as you cling to it, you can never understand anyone and will be forever in the dark.
    What are the benefits of a multicultural society compared to a monocultural society? A monocultural society increases social cohesion. Opposing a multicultural society does not mean opposing a multiethnical society.

Because you don't understand what you're talking about. This is the problem with ethnocentrism. It is fundamentally a position of ignorance. It is not the same as preferring one's own culture or asking that immigrants conform to the existing culture to a degree that allows proper functioning within society. It is a refusal to understand any other culture from any perspective other than that of your own culture. So long as you cling to it, you can never understand anyone and will be forever in the dark.
    "Ethnocentrism" goes hand-in-hand with racism when the subject believes they're superior, as per my last post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I"m not stereotyping anyone. I mentioned the type of people that are on this forum en masse, at least in this section.
    based on the words on a few, unless you're stretching the term to encompass anyone who doesn't share the same views as you on a race problem who arn't actually racists.

Sheltered white gamers litter this forum...
    im pretty sure thats racist
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I don't think multicultural society is a good idea. I'm a fan of the melting pot, which is how it works in the US. That's different than opposing the presence or influence of others cultures that you understand nothing about, refuse to understand anything about, and incorrectly judge as abhorrent or evil.
    I prefer assimilation above a multicultural society.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im pretty sure thats racist
    It's not, because I don't judge white people I said quite frankly it's this forum and other gaming related things, that sub culture of white men is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Faceless person (who can be anyone) states that they're Native American and doesn't have a problem with football team names/mascots. While actual Native Americans have been petitioning against it and other offenses on television. Hmm...

It's not, because I don't judge white people I said quite frankly it's this forum and other gaming related things, that sub culture of white men is ridiculous.
    you have no way of knowing if the people on this forum are white or men you are being both sexist and racist
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Faceless person (who can be anyone) states that they're Native American and doesn't have a problem with football teams. While actual Native Americans have been petitioning against it on television.
    People have different opinions, even within racial groups. Specific races arnt one giant brain hive that all think the same. thats just stupid. SO its perfectly plausible for a Native American to not take offense to it.

Should i assume every black person shares the opinion of Al Sharpton? then why should you assume every native american shares the opinion of those that go on tv to protest it?

Are you this sensitive about everything?
    Pot, meet kettle.