Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Winning 1+1 BGs has absolutely nothing to do with "PVPing", not in the slightest. I´ve done that part of the questchain on 3 chars in pve gear, and on none of them it took me more than 6 BGs, let alone 60. You have to sabotage your own team on purpose to get a streak like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

I am now thoroughly with them.

60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    Sorry, I'm not buying it. You are exagerating or lying your ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    However, the fact that PVP is required for a PVE item in a PVE-dominant game has soured me on even bothering with my other characters.
    world of WARcraft - the name stands for the conflict between two factions. the game is PVP based. there should be a lot more PVP involved in everything - it would be great for the game. the legendary quest is nice step into the right direction!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    agree with this..
    blizzard HAS made the questchain a LOT easier...

3k valor instead of 6k for the quest...sigils of wisdom/power...(you shouldn't have 50 sigils of power and only 4 wisdom anymore...yes it used to not check at all)
    the pvp bg's are the easier of them...

ohh and the BG's part is a little' easier as well, gear being downscaled if you go in with to high, EVERYONES base resil at 40%...
    basically you can't get so utterly outgeared by a premade it's impossible...

that high of a losing streak...i call BS on as well...never, ever, have i gone more than 20 or so losing games, and thats exceedingly rare... usually about 4 wins per 5 or 6 losses...

one thing you could do...seems lots of people bot at night...try during another time of day. less bots on your team = higher chance of winning?
    easier ? the quest was never hard .. its just time consuming and its fucking annoying so late in this xpac.. remove valor quest or let People buy cloaks who already finished the Quest on 1 Char

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hate to hurt your ego and all but both LFR is real raiding.
    no, it's not. it's "here, look at the content and get free epics without any effort". and that's ok. but don't call it "real raiding".

Deleted
    60 BG losses in a row
    That is some serious bullshit or some insane bad luck. Ive been pvping since release and ive never even been close to that.

Im not trying to make you feel bad, but I 1 shot the PvP quests. Won both first time and carried on with my quest. I probably have you to thank for it since because of your bad luck, I got some good luck to balance it out. Thank you.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

I am now thoroughly with them.

60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    I mostly win my BGs. Even when queuing alone. You should find something useful to do in the BG. Let me explain. Back in the end Cataclysm I could kill any class in a short time on my Rogue (no Legendary daggers, I never do PvE). It's not of much use to kill random people in a BG. I decided to kill the enemy FCs in WSG and TP. I decided to kill the enemy Tanks when they tried to kill our Boss in AV or IoC. This made sure that I could make a difference in the outcome of the BG.

Find something you are good at in PvP with your class, and start making a difference.

You say that most people don't want to team up for BG because they don't need this part of the quest anymore. Try to queue up with 4 Full Geared PvPers (of which 1 or 2 Healers). PvPers are doing this all the time.

Also, I don't believe that you have lost that many BGs in a row. It's impossible.
    /Zetsumei

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Well that's pretty much the worst loss-streak I've heard of. Especially considering that BGs are pretty much 50-50(+/-2) over the long term.
    I don't think SSM was 50/50, especially given that Blizzard hotfixed a change to it on Oct 16 to help the alliance.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You must be Alliance.

Deleted
    OP is really unlucky.

OP: in SSM, to have a chance at winning, the alliance had to charge the lava cart immediately to try to convert it before it went down. They recently hotfixed SSM so that cart spawns after a short delay, which might help. However, so many good alliance PvPers have blacklisted that BG that it still may be hard to win.

Blizzard should get rid of the blacklisting feature. It's had seriously bad unintended side effects.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Frankly I was angry at the pvp requirement to. And even though I finished it in 4 bg's it was still the most retarded requirement of all time. Whoever came up with that in bliz's office deserve to be cock slapped by ron jeremy.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    You are exceptionally unlucky. Just keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decipato View Post
    i believe that there is a 99.999999% chance that you are a lier sir.
    Even if u stand AFK in 60 BGs, the odds of not winning 1 is very slim. Other than that, the only way i believe that u spend 3 months getting the sigils, is if u ran the wrong LFRs for them, as ToT doesnt drop them.

I agree that the legendary quest takes a bit too long sometimes, if unlucky with RNG, i just got mine 2 days ago, BUT, it is however a legendary item, so it should take long to get.

This kind of QQ post, i think u just made because it is a desired item, that u couldnt get from charrity as fast as u had hoped.

In my eyes, you shouldnt even be able to get the legendary Q items from LFR, only real raiders should get it. As it is infact the "best" item in the game atm.
    Amen, the op is really just making some sort of fuss this is quite ridiculous!

He shouldn't even be complaninig about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Frankly I was angry at the pvp requirement to. And even though I finished it in 4 bg's it was still the most retarded requirement of all time. Whoever came up with that in bliz's office deserve to be cock slapped by ron jeremy.
    At no point in time did Blizzard say it wouldn't include PvP. Pandaria's storyline is based on the FACTION WAR, it would sort of be stupid if the main legendary questline didn't include the faction war

If you're having PvP troubles I feel bad for ya son, I got 99 sigils but a strength ain't one. Nerf me!

But, seriously, if you think trying to get a couple of BG wins is bad, then you're gonna love getting those secrets and runestones...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hate to hurt your ego and all but both LFR and Flex raiding is real raiding.

Both are harder then raiding in Vanillia and most of TBC and harder then everything up to uld in wrath. So by you saying LFR and Flex is not real raiding you are also saying there was no real raids or raiders in Vanillia/TBC/Part of Wrath and I bet a lot of people would disagree with you on that.

Well, I agree that LFR/Flex is "real raiding" although I don't really know what that term means anymore, LFR/flex are just tuned down compared to normal mode. Can't say I agree with you on them being harder than raiding in Vanilla most of TBC... classes werent as well equipped in many aspects (think Mana usage/ AoE tanking), the ability was there but it wasn't written down for you clearly to understand, you had to figure this stuff out which created a large divide between seasoned players and newcomers, casuals we're also a minority back then... everyone wanted to raid!

I'm sorry OP but you're just a liar simple as that. There's no fucking chance sigils took 3 months. And the likelihood of that sort of BG loss rate is literally a million to one, never read such bullshit in 1 post, there's so much bullshit I can actually taste it

Don't even care if im infracted, hopefully a nice infraction gets the taste of shit off my tonuge
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    At no point in time did Blizzard say it wouldn't include PvP. Pandaria's storyline is based on the FACTION WAR, it would sort of be stupid if the main legendary questline didn't include the faction war
    Let's just ignore the fact that the alleged "faction war" in pandaria was almost as big of a joke as the entire "faction war" that hasn't been really taking place since warcraft 2.

I mean they go out of their way to make the races work together in every expansion. Let's stop fooling ourselves by thinking the races are at war. They're not. And they haven't been for a long time.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"