Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    losing 60 bgs in a row? i call bs on that.

Still, if youre a pve hero you shouldnt have any gold problems right?
    Get some 2k+ pvp guys and pay them gold for each win... gg

Seems to me the mistake you made was to try and get the BGs done all at the same time.

I've found that if a BG goes badly, its best to stop for anb hour or so, as if you just requeue right away, you'll usually let up with much the same team. if you wait a little bit you usually end up with a different group (for both allies and enemies0 and thus have a good chance things will go differently.

On my Monk and warrior tho, i didn't have too many issues getting the victories. Some days you just get lucky.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I didn't know it was possible to be this bad at pvp
    Just the joys of playing with half a Team of Bots every match in a BG which is 95% dominated by horde on my Battleground according to my Oqueue Stats.

My Win ratio is much higher on my PvP character.

If you find yourself loosing a lot of regular bg's I am gonna guess that you enter them at around the same time. As horde, I lose a LOT more random bg's during the day than I do late at night for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Just the joys of playing with half a Team of Bots every match in a BG which is 95% dominated by horde on my Battleground according to my Oqueue Stats.

My Win ratio is much higher on my PvP character.
    Did it ever occur to you that you could use Oqueue to queue up for premade BG's and have a higher chance of winning?

I can't link a picture so I'll just leave this link here...

Went in with zero PVP gear, basically just ran around and did /assist for my teammates' targets.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

honestly, i stalled on this part of the legendary questline too

3 months later, i picked it back up and threw myself relentlessly at the bg's until i won - only took 3 matches to get a win at the temple of kot-mogu as alliance, but the mines, OMG, the mines took me 14 matches to get a win. i lost my will to live that day and when we finally did win, it was a really close call lik 1600-1550 type close call.

didn't appreciate that much, still dont think that there should be a forced pvp element for a pve legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that you could use Oqueue to queue up for premade BG's and have a higher chance of winning?
    as a pve'er that never pvp's - no, not at all. besides, i'd hate to be the pre-made group that ends up with me on their team
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-10-28 at 01:02 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

This is completely false. Took me less then 4 weeks to get sigils on one of my crappy toons.

As for the pvp portion I did it on my hunter and it went pretty quick. Think I got a win on the 1st Temple and took a couple to get a win in the mines.
    Last edited by Marema; 2013-10-28 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Well if you want to win enough you'll do anything you can to make it happen, and there is really no excuse to have the Oqueue addon and not using it to its potential like finding special groups for these BG's you have problems with in progressing your legendary-quest.

This just went from "Boo I cant progress legendary quest cause I never win BGs" to "Boo I cant progress Leg-quest cause im lazy"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    didn't appreciate that much, still dont think that there should be a forced pvp element for a pve legendary
    What goes around comes around. When the requirement came out there were so many complaints from PVE'ers that at the time saw no problems with forcing PVP'ers to do the same in the past.

Let's just face some facts: with bgs filled with completely clueless people your chances of winning 2 games is pretty high. You don't have to know anything about PVP, you don't have to be gemmed, geared or anything - you can just go with the flow and you'll soon find you've got the two wins you need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    This is completely false. Took me less then 4 weeks to get sigils on one of my crappy toons.

rng is rng. took me 8 weeks to not get enough sigils. could also add i only got 3 runestones from all available bosses this week while a guildy got 6. So less bullshit from you please

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You are making unwarranted and unsupported assumptions there.
    No hes not, its simple maths. Horde and alliance ratios are 50-50. Maybe 45-55 in some cases.

Now if you have a 45% chance of winning, whats the chance of you losing 60 times in a row? That's right! Infinitesimally small.

I won these on the first try, sorry about your luck brother. BGs are not super difficult to win, but it does depend on your fellow players. Every BG needs someone to lead and others to follow that lead, without going to duel for no reason. Most BGs have neither, so it's challenging. You basically have to understand the BG and lead it yourself. I always talk in BGs and try to herd players to do the right things.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No hes not, its simple maths. Horde and alliance ratios are 50-50. Maybe 45-55 in some cases.
    This is the kind of BS I was referring to. There is no evidence that SSM is anywhere close to 50/50 for random groups.

If you claim there is, please give the link.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I won mine on the first tries, but I think the legendary chain is a joke. It's only rng and a 3 week valor gating (used to be 6). I mean, you don't even have to kill a single heroic or even normal boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    i dont think you got the correct message.
    i was talking about you giving up on a char that you obv have played alot
    i dont question your bad loss streak. i question the "Bwhaha i LOVE my shaman. but i ditched it cus i lost alot of BGs"
    you got a wired concept of love then buddy
    i didnt ever mention once that i loved my shammy, i have no idea what post you were reading?
    i said i had the BELOVED title. what i DID say was that i love playing my disc priest.
    may i suggest you actually read what people write before offering us all on mmo your words of wisdom in future. ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I won mine on the first tries, but I think the legendary chain is a joke. It's only rng and a 3 week valor gating (used to be 6). I mean, you don't even have to kill a single heroic or even normal boss.
    You left out a few parts, like Nalak, the Krasarang boss, and the two Wrathion scenarios.

Also, which legendary required you to down a heroic boss?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    I got burned out on the questchain when I only got 2 secrets of the empire each week...

I feel too forced to do all (and older) raid content because of it, wich sucks the fun out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I got burned out on the questchain when I only got 2 secrets of the empire each week...

I feel too forced to do all (and older) raid content because of it, wich sucks the fun out of it.
    Well well, if you aren't a spoiled fellow...

If you got your LMG after 10 weeks that is about average. ToT got released start of march. Assuming you were clearing every week you'd have your LMG on middle of may. Now I know LFR was gated and not all clear full every week, but still, then you'd get it somewhere in the end of may. There have been people around with much less luck in RNG.

With Lei Shen guaranteed drop rate, in 5.3, you had 1 drop every week guaranteed and 20% per boss (5 bosses) which means on average you get 2 a week. Which means you get your cloak in 6 weeks on average.

Thats a total of 16 weeks, approx 4 months. Which means around july and onward you got both.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The probability of your statement there being false approaches 100%.
    "Approaches?" Pretty obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but in case anyone who realizes I'm doing an actual calculation and didn't just make up a number is interested:

https://www.google.com/search?q=0.5%...210&q=0.5%5E60

This assumes a 0.5 probability of winning a given BG naturally. Even if you are pessimistic enough to call it a 1/4 shot at winning though, losing 60 in a row is still (very) roughly one in a billion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    The chances of losing 60 battleground matches in a row is infinitesimally small
    Your redundancy offends me.