I wish I could do bg's. Need advice.

I have a problem. You see, I want to level a enhance shaman that I intend to PvP with. The only thing is, I cannot get any practice in random bg's. I walked in at level 60 and got one shot by pretty much anyone with heirlooms. I am having so much fun as enhance, but I cannot even do anything. My shaman is on a new server since my main server is filled. Is there anything I can do? I knew this was a problem even back when they couldn't get all that many heirlooms. Now however, you can get so many heirlooms its much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    level 90 randoms are a good place to learn how to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    level 90 randoms are a good place to learn how to pvp.
    Yes, but I want to PvP now as im leveling. Itll give me experience in surviving, let me get familiar with my spells slowly, and give me some honor towards my gear at 90.

There is nothing you can do. Get heirlooms or get one shot. No way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yes, but I want to PvP now as im leveling. Itll give me experience in surviving, let me get familiar with my spells slowly, and give me some honor towards my gear at 90.
    Honestly, stop wasting time PvPing as you level, hit 90, and do it then. You'll learn far more at 90 then you will getting three shot in BGs before that, and the honor you get is less than nothing.

If you insist on doing BGs while leveling, you'll probably want to wait til level 89 and do them then, should be more balanced if you have all the questing gear. No amount of dying in a cheap shot will give you experience in surviving, and you can get used to the vast majority of your spells in dungeons or questing while leveling anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Guess ill just get one shot since im not on my mains server and dont have access to heirlooms since they decided to combine realms before solving the BoA thing.

Deleted
    Unfortunately this is true... Even with maxed professions there is no way that you can be on par with guys with heirlooms. UNLESS you try to farm honor so that when you reach level 70 you can get the Brutal Gladiator's set and kick the butts. It will keep you going until level 76 or so I think. When you reach 80 you can go for the Wrathful set.

But it really isn't worth waiting. BGs suck a lot even in level 90, plus that you will never really learn how to pvp effectively while there are 10 other people assisting you IMO.

Deleted
    Guess ill just get one shot since im not on my mains server and dont have access to heirlooms since they decided to combine realms before solving the BoA thing.
    You can at least easily get the guild heirlooms. The guild rep is a joke to get and you can make the gold if you know how.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    You can at least easily get the guild heirlooms. The guild rep is a joke to get and you can make the gold if you know how.
    I could, but my record is making the gold needed for them by level 60. Hardly worth the cost at that point imo.

You can sell combat pets on your new realm. Buy some on your main and sell them on your alt on another server. Easy to transfer a few thousand that way at a small loss (or gain!).

10+ Year Old Account
    time is better spent racing to end game.

Shaman for pvp ?! Ouch. Poor choice.

But if you are hellbent on playing it, enh shamans are garbage at pvp all the way to 90 when they become sorta good. I wouldn't be caught dead playing a shaman in pvp but if you like it...whatever.

I know it seems like low level PvP should prepare you for max PvP, but it really doesn't. It's a totally different game at max, and always has been. You'd be much better off just waiting until you hit 90, or at least above 85, before bothering. Also, don't listen to the people saying enhance shaman aren't good at PvP. That's been being said ever since BC, even though they've been quite good in the hands of a skilled player ever since WotLK. They don't excel at any one thing, which is why FotM rerollers overlook them, but they're not bad at anything either; just well rounded and solid overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Shaman for pvp ?! Ouch. Poor choice.

But if you are hellbent on playing it, enh shamans are garbage at pvp all the way to 90 when they become sorta good. I wouldn't be caught dead playing a shaman in pvp but if you like it...whatever.
    Elemental is incredibly strong in PvP. Enhance is less so but it can still just one shot someone with the iwin macro like Ele. Since we are just talking about random bgs then that's all that really matters.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    pretty much this. dont get excited over non end game pvp anyway.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    Elemental is incredibly strong in PvP.
    I'll believe that when a shaman manages to kill me on any of my melee characters. Sorry, not happening.