Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    ask mr robot is the best tool for boomkins at the moment, it can figure out even when mastery is better than haste if you manually input 10296 for the haste soft cap.

I have verified many reforges / gems changes suggested by AMR with wrathcalc and the tool is working just fine.
    Reforgelite will never figure out when you'd better off changing some potent with crafty orange gems etc...

to make AMR work remember to go to EDIT WEIGHTS and MANUALLY input 10296 for the haste cap and ofc click in the top left corner SAVE or else it won't work.
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2013-11-03 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    ask mr robot is the best tool for boomkins at the moment, it can figure out even when mastery is better than haste if you manually input 10296 for the haste soft cap.

I have verified many reforges / gems changes suggested by AMR with wrathcalc and the tool is working just fine.
    Reforgelite will never figure out when you'd better off changing some potent with crafty orange gems etc...

to make AMR work remember to go to EDIT WEIGHTS and MANUALLY input 10296 for the haste cap and ofc click in the top left corner SAVE or else it won't work.
    You should be using 10289 as your selected breakpoint for gear optimizers. I've explained this in at least 5 separate occasions on these forums so feel free to go find it since I'm fairly sure you're going to to get all defensive now, as people usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You should be using 10289 as your selected breakpoint for gear optimizers. I've explained this in at least 5 separate occasions on these forums so feel free to go find it since I'm fairly sure you're going to to get all defensive now, as people usually do.
    *10296, gets ur wraths to gcd cap and haste doesn't drop off in value until this point. Should definitely go all the way to 10296.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    *10296, gets ur wraths to gcd cap and haste doesn't drop off in value until this point. Should definitely go all the way to 10296.
    Haste after 10289 loses some value whereas Haste after 10296 loses A LOT of value. Since you're likely not going to be exactly on 10296 then Haste over that is essentially wasted. For example, 10290 Haste is better than 10350. but if you set your breakpoint for 10296 you'll completely ignore the option for having 10290 and go for 10350 instead.
    There you go.

There you go.
    On the other hand, you'll rarely land between 10296 and 10289, so you might as well go for the former directly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    On the other hand, you'll rarely land between 10296 and 10289, so you might as well go for the former directly.
    Damn I must be a psychic.

You're just trying to defend yourself saying bullshit that you know is wrong, why can't people on these forums ever accept the fact that something they said is wrong.

There isn't any "may as well go for it" since 10296 isn't actually a meaningful number that you gain anything by reaching, 10296 is simply the point where Haste loses a lot of value from GCD cap. 10289 is actually a meaningful breakpoint and you should be going for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboywilly View Post
    Still seems to put my haste cap to 11019 no matter what i do
    I updated my reforgelite and it seems that it broke it for me as well. I hadn't noticed any issues before that but now it tries to get this same exact value as well. Going with old versions seems to be better.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22638191

ignore my update, it's broke again.

New Breakpoint = Old breakpoint / (1+Actual%/100)

use the new breakpoint for reforging, and take the amp trinket off while doing it.

New Breakpoint = Old breakpoint / (1+Actual%/100)
    This is wrong. Don't divide the percentage by 100. Just adding it to 1 is all you need to do.
    Damn I must be a psychic.
    No, you're just placing way to much emphasis on miniscule to irrelevant differences. Whether you set it to 10289, 10296 or 10300 is extremely unlikely to have any noteworthy effect on your DPS, if any at all.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-11-03 at 10:23 PM.

No, you're just placing way to much emphasis on miniscule to irrelevant differences. Whether you set it to 10289, 10296 or 10300 is extremely unlikely to have any noteworthy effect on your DPS, if any at all.
    Optimization is optimization. I was right and you were wrong. You really don't need to reply just for the sake of replying in a valiant effort to not go down right a fight. It seems every time I try and give someone some information on these forums I get bombarded with all sorts of shit.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-11-03 at 11:07 PM.

This is wrong. Don't divide the percentage by 100. Just adding it to 1 is all you need to do.
    Actually you are incorrect in saying the math is wrong, correct in how it is simplified as. The numbers are given not in decimal form, therefore you must convert.

When you say actual%/100 this turns a Percent into a decimal. 5% for example is 0.05, otherwise known as 5/100. When something is given as 5 under the heading of percent, saying just add one to it is the same as saying 1+5=6 which is incorrect. If you looked at the linked post you will see how it works out.
    Last edited by Spoir; 2013-11-04 at 06:07 AM.

Deleted
    Optimization is optimization. I was right and you were wrong. You really don't need to reply just for the sake of replying in a valiant effort to not go down right a fight. It seems every time I try and give someone some information on these forums I get bombarded with all sorts of shit.
    Until 10296 Haste is better than Mastery and Crit.
    If you leave 10289 and manage to land between 10289 and 10296 the problem will be that AMR will suggest you to replace +170 haste on gloves with +170 mastery.
    And that is wrong.

Wrathcalc and the ppl at Elitist Jerk will probably confirm that for you.
    Here is the proof:

1k more dps is nothing noteworthy, but that's the proof that you should backup you theories instead of acting like a brat.
    Haste > mastery and crit until 10296 and crit is almost equal to mastery above 17200 crit.
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2013-11-04 at 02:03 PM.

The glove enchant will be accounted for when looking for the optimal Haste level. I don't see what you're trying to say. If it can get closer to the breakpoint (say 10291) using a Mastery enchant but it can only get to say 10350 with a haste enchant then it will calculate which is better. If you're going to use the default stat weights meaning it gives a skewed result then that is your problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    Until 10296 Haste is better than Mastery and Crit.
    If you leave 10289 and manage to land between 10289 and 10296 the problem will be that AMR will suggest you to replace +170 haste on gloves with +170 mastery.
    And that is wrong.

Wrathcalc and the ppl at Elitist Jerk will probably confirm that for you.
    Here is the proof:

1k more dps is nothing noteworthy, but that's the proof that you should backup you theories instead of acting like a brat.
    Haste > mastery and crit until 10296 and crit is almost equal to mastery above 17200 crit.
    Care to explain why the dps difference is so huge? I somehow doubt that changing 7 crit to 7 haste is a 1k dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Care to explain why the dps difference is so huge? I somehow doubt that changing 7 crit to 7 haste is a 1k dps increase.
    isn't wrathcalcs out of date? and hamlet is resto iirc. 10289 is another dot tick and 10296 is slightly faster cast. This situation almost never comes out so it does seem weird to make a big deal of it, but yea u shouldnt be aiming for 10296 specifically, especially if ur losing other stats for it.

Deleted
    The glove enchant will be accounted for when looking for the optimal Haste level. I don't see what you're trying to say. If it can get closer to the breakpoint (say 10291) using a Mastery enchant but it can only get to say 10350 with a haste enchant then it will calculate which is better. If you're going to use the default stat weights meaning it gives a skewed result then that is your problem.
    I am in a situation where AMR changes 170 haste into 170 mastery and with everything else reforged i am sitting at 10290 haste.
    Since 10289 is the last value worth something only for dots and AMR uses fixed values for Stat Weights, the program will never understand that 10296 is the value that changes those weights thus you have to manually force it.

Feel free to import my character http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/nemesis/meldon (make sure you update from armory) and reforge it with the 10289 BP
    Then copy it in Wrathcalc it will show 299836 dps with 10290 haste
    Whereas forcing 10296 BP will show a dps value of 300896 because:

10289 is the last number worth something for dot ticks ONLY
    10296 is the value that accounts both for the BP and Stat Weights dinamic change.

When reforging you can't consider only DoT's haste breakpoints but also when a stat is better than another, and until 10296 haste is better than everything else.

You just need to value if you had to sacrifice too much to go from 10289 to 10296 and that's something that AMR can't actually do.
    The ideal solution would be to have two haste caps with 2 different stat weights when over the value.

the weights should be like this:
    Spell Hit(to 15%) 5.9
    Spell Power 4.9
    Haste(to 10289) 3.65
    Haste(10289+) 3.63
    Crit 3.6
    Mastery 3.3
    Haste(10296+) 3.0
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2013-11-04 at 02:38 PM.