Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tank healing with a Resto Druid and Resto Shaman

Cross-posting this from the Paladin forums. so my guild has run into a situation where we're replacing our Holy Paladin, and we're looking at running an Rdruid and Rsham with a disc priest/2nd rsham for 3rd heals, my group is worried about the tank healing, i don't think it'll be an issue, what's your guys opinion? i doubt it'll be a problem, but having alittle backup from other tanks will help

Thanks!

Its a non issue.

If your group is worried about "tank healing" then the holy pala is probably not the only person you should think about replacing. The whole style of healing ingame changed ages ago and if they haven't realised that yet its a bit worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If your group is worried about "tank healing" then the holy pala is probably not the only person you should think about replacing. The whole style of healing ingame changed ages ago and if they haven't realised that yet its a bit worrying.
    Any healer can effectively tank heal at this point.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. Pure tank healing doesn't really exist anymore, nor have Holy Paladins been the best at healing a tank this entire expansion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Any healer can effectively tank heal at this point.
    quoted for absolute truth. An rdruid is arguably one of the more overpowered throughput heals at the moment

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Pretty much this. Pure tank healing doesn't really exist anymore, nor have Holy Paladins been the best at healing a tank this entire expansion.
    Um, yes they have. But still any class can do it effectively.

In my 8/14H guild we currently use a Dpriest and myself(Rdruid) for most fights and the fights that need 3 heals we have our shammy go resto. Works pretty good. I am beating the disc most the time on fights where we 2 heal and fights such as protectors where we 3 heal me and the shammy obliterate our disc on heals by 50-80k HPS normally. Tank healing now a days is a non issue. Our tanks dont normally take massive damage to the point where we actually need someone to watch them. Its more of a throw hots and my regrowth procs at them and thats enough normally.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid/shaman on tank is a no issue. Usually we have out resto shaman keeping the eye on the tanks (when he is along) and our rdruid keeping the raid up (we 2 heal all, but Thok). Or mostly mw/rdruid or 2x rdruid or mw/rshaman. Not a problem so far.
    Speaking of 10-man normal 13/14 experience (w/ 10% on garrosh ^^)

Deleted
    Exactly. We haven't had a Holy Paladin since early ToT (in fact we raided with zero Paladins most of ToT 13/13 Heroic) and did just fine. In ToT we only had 2 core healers - Disc+Druid and then an Ele Shaman who could spec Resto and heal in his Ele gear lol. We still managed tank healing just fine.

Now, we still don't have a Hpala, we have Disc+Druid+Monk healers and even on a fight like Heroic Malkorok where there's some nasty tank damage (solo soaking Blood Rage), it's still not an issue (11/14 Heroic).

If your Hpala was the only one capable of keeping the tanks alive, your other healers suck.

Best tank healer is a prot paladin anyway

Deleted
    Aren't rshamans destroying this tier anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Aren't rshamans destroying this tier anyway?
    Wouldn't say destroying on 10 man, but we are very capable, with certain fights favoring us(Protectors, Thok, Nourshen). Druids on the other hand are pretty OP overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    Wouldn't say destroying on 10 man, but we are very capable, with certain fights favoring us(Protectors, Thok, Nourshen). Druids on the other hand are pretty OP overall.
    trees can almost keep up on stacked fights, and blow us away on spread fights. they are very, very strong 10-man healers right now.

rdruid and rshaman is a great healing team.

Tank healing hasn't really been an issue since tanks were given the ability to keep themselves alive through damage spikes with good use of active mitigation and cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your holy pally wasn't doing it correctly if he was focused on tank healing.

So you Hpallies are not only healing tanks? hmm

Resto shaman tank healing is seriously jokes OP. You can roll 3 riptides at once, and even if you're really bad you can roll 2 with ease (on the two tanks), and get off massive GHWs in 1s under Tidal Waves. There isn't even a huge penalty to constantly switching ES around any more. And rdruids can switch a 3 stack lifebloom without losing any stacks with a glyph. So, so OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Resto shaman tank healing is seriously jokes OP. You can roll 3 riptides at once, and even if you're really bad you can roll 2 with ease (on the two tanks), and get off massive GHWs in 1s under Tidal Waves. There isn't even a huge penalty to constantly switching ES around any more. And rdruids can switch a 3 stack lifebloom without losing any stacks with a glyph. So, so OP.
    Let's not pretend that riptide does a lot of healing on the tank. It's like lifebloom... only one stack though. GHW on the other hand.

But yeah.. it's not really possible to distinguish between "tank healing" and "raid healing" anymore. At this time raid healing triggers a whole lot of smart healing which makes tank damage a non issue. The only time where tank damage seems like a problem is burst and when the raid hasn't taken damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Um, yes they have. But still any class can do it effectively.
    No they have not, not by a long shot either. You are probably still stuck in WotLK.