Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I've singlehandedly saved WoW

Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Flex Raids now work from between 7-40 players
    - Scenarios and 5 mans are rolled into Flex Dungeons 3-6 players
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

I know I know don't thank me all at once. I'm just trying to help.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flex raids should = normal raids. Tired of not being able to raid real content with the lack of AM raiding guilds on my server (and by lack, i mean none).

I like all these ideas though nonetheless Except the fatigue lol.

Deleted
    Essentially you alienated 90%

Enjoy your F2P game

That's one way to kill the game :P

Deleted
    you have singlehandedly destroyed wow if you did some of them to wow :P

you'd single-handedly kill the game, torturously.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

1. Not a bad idea, actually. I'd rather they were just removed altogether, at least on PvP servers, but I know that won't happen.
    2. Terrible idea, many people won't ever raid in any way besides LFR. If you don't like it, don't do it. It's really not that complicated.
    3. Don't care.
    4. Don't care.
    5. Don't care.
    6. Don't care.

I wouldn't call removing the single most popular feature in raiding history saving WoW.

I've singlehandedly killed WoW
    Good one friend
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Yep, those sure are some "strange ways" to try to "save" wow.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

But pretty much really you should have put your title as I've Single Handedly Destroyed WoW

1: Putting Fatigue on Flying Mounts mmm dumb idea..
    2: Dumb idea, as lots of people do LFR and Heroic modes..
    3: Not sure why you would want 40 the days or MC, BWL and Old Naxx are long gone..
    4: Meh
    5: ???
    6: Meh

No. That is completely unfeasible in many of the areas that have been built specifically with flying mounts in mind.

No. You're removing variety from the game, which is silly given that they've shown they now have the tools to really balance and create additional gameplay modes.

Kinda like it 8 to 25, heck, even 25 man at this point is stressing out a lot of computers and Internet connections. So don't see much reason to go higher - also not a fan of the GIGANTIC boss arenas that 40-mans really get into. Also I think 8 is a good flat number for low as you can go. So no.

Yes, we need to cut a lot of abilities. Shit hell no! We don't need these abilities rolled into new specs, we aren't talking about "two pet spec" we're talking "Eye of the Beast" spec or "Dampen Magic Spec" or some other completely stupid spec. The vast majority of these powers are useless or pretty close to it, the rest they need to work out a power replacement system that doesn't feel limiting and progresses your character. New specs definitely isn't it, think of how much trouble they've had just balancing a new class with three specs, why would you want to bring down that pain on almost every class and fill the forums with whining from the classes that don't get new specs? Also it would be too hard for them to maintain the 10% or so vector that specs seem to be in range of each other for pures.

While I agree that they need to work on a way that allows binge gaming but doesn't really encourage it, I think anyone wanting just "mob grinding" is completely out of touch. Mob grinding isn't fun for 99% of people out there, many hardcores included. It's a superfluous throwback to the days when games had pretty much no dungeons, no one to really write quests and and the only thing left to do was just train mobs and kill them all day long if you wanted a level. That's not playing a game, that's an OCD coping mechanism.

Either way dailies are how Blizz has chosen to gate progression for the masses this expansion. I hope they come up with a similar system next expansion, though I'm more a fan of the previous "bounty" system that encourages you to do a raid once a week and a dungeon once a day. Though I think they should do a bounty per each wing of flex/LFR per tier. This would really get a lot of folks into those options and they need to introduce more mounts and cosmetics for a currency that only comes from flex/lfr to keep the better players interested.

Anyway, enjoy that dump on your cheerios and have a good morning.

Deleted
    No thank you.

Deleted
    Saved it from filthy casuals indeed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Essentially you alienated 90%

Enjoy your F2P game
    They weren't into MMOs to begin with. They're here because the game alienated 90% of the people who played in TBC.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

They're here to say for better or worse. (Worse)

WoW is a single player MMORPG these days in many respects. With MoP having been the first expansion where we've seen a huge drop in subscriber numbers even before the last patch begins, never mind drags on, I don't think they'd do this. Blizzard has traditionally had a lot of trouble admitting that any of their ideas have been bad in any case.

I'd agree with this. They now have the technology to scale things, and it'd be a good compromise for those who enjoyed 40 man content.

I'd agree with this. Scenarios can be interesting, but with the utterly random loot (never mind the chance for good loot being available only once a day), i'd prefer that they combine or integrate them with dungeons again.

I think this is being continually addressed in any case. Not necessarily a good thing in my eyes, as they're moving a lot of flavour spells in the process; but for those who want it, it's being done.

We have this with Timeless Isle. I'd rather have Rep Tabards back in any case; so people can choose what means of Rep grinding they want, rather than being forced into one. If they were to do that however, then i'd prefer (which they should be doing) that they put a limit on how much Rep can be earned a day with all of those means; so people don't feel forced into doing one over the other.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-10-27 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    They weren't into MMOs to begin with. They're here because the game alienated 90% of the people who played in TBC.
    Yet WoW continues.... SHOCK

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yet WoW continues.... SHOCK
    Are you people still going to play that card until WoW has 100k subs left? "IT'S STILL HERE!! SHOCK!!"
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    1. Certainly wouldn't mind a fatique bar on mounts, at least in the high level zones. Would encourage more exploration and cleverer uses of flying mounts.
    2. Don't raid, so I really don't know what the effect of removing heroics would be but I'm guessing not good.
    3. I'm all for going up to 40 players, but I don't think raids can go below 10 man without altering the raid design, which of course defeats the point of automatic scaling. But again, I'm not a raider.
    4. Dungeons and scenarios can't be combined as they're distinctly different in philosophy. Scenarios are supposed to have no class requirements whereas Dungeons stick to the holy trinity of Tank/Healer/DPS. I suppose you could redo dungeons to not follow this system but that's a different discussion entirely.
    5. Agree with getting rid of ability bloat, not too keen on 4th specs. Do we really need them?
    6. I'd rather grinding mobs never needed to be an option for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about the saved bit, but I think every change you suggested is good, both on their own merits and taken together. Ignore the naysayers!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)