Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Your flying mount idea (which some people have praised) would suck for PvP servers with hugely imbalanced ratios (i.e. 80% of PvP servers).

Lol a lot of people don't like the ideas. Give me reasons for why you don't like each one. A lot of them are pretty good.

The Flying mounts idea can use a little work, but its better than current flying in game.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the old saying, Don't fix what isn't broken ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Flex Raids now work from between 7-40 players
    - Scenarios and 5 mans are rolled into Flex Dungeons 3-6 players
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

I know I know don't thank me all at once. I'm just trying to help.
    -What is your problem with flying mounts,seriously ? Your thread looks similiar to "Hard times of TBC and earning a flying mount" issue,if you don't wanna fly,simply use non-flying mounts.

-Most of the people still using LFR,like it or not (it's crowded with afk'ers i know) but still have players,who is trying to gear up and such.If heroic mode goes,hard mode will take it's place,hardcore guilds will seek for new challenges,so it could not get removed one way or another.

-If you turn dailies into the "mob killing menace" WoW won't be different than any f2p MMO's in the market,High and Full populated servers will have problems about that.And what will be the purpose of those dailies ? These areas will get crowded and spawn rates should be at fair levels,otherwise it'll be a problem more than having fun.

-40M raids for what ? Ahn'Qiraj or something ? On the other hand 40m raids will put the pressure on computers as hell,i don't wanna mention about server setups either.

-Ability bloat is kinda confusing:In Vanilla,Tbc and Wotlk,talent tree was different than it's current design.Now,half of the talent abilities are located in our spellbooks for specs.So changing that and splitting into 4 different talent specs won't add anything i assume.Some of the classes could not have 4th spec too,especially caster ones.This will bring imbalanced class issues too (omg nerf warlock blabla spec and blabla spell)that's just an example.You need to bring support role for all classes for dungeons also.

I'm not sure you have singlehandedly saved WoW or killed it,but i'm sure it'll turn into a decent MMO in the market with this "saving plan"

well as if player decline isn't enough to kill WoW ^^
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Love the ideas. Heard most before.

Will it happen? No. Will that make me keep staying unsubbed? Yes.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.
    - All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.
    - Jesus Christ, not flying mounts again... wPvP is dead. Not because of flying mounts, but because of queues and xrealms. Deal with it already. Random gank =/= wpvp.
    - Sure, why not. Lets remove 70+% of wow's population from the game. The fact that you're an Elite Normal Mode Raider does not makes other difficulties suddenly unneedeed or irrelevant. Grow up, please. If anything should be made, its merging flex scaling system into Normal mode, so you'll be able to raid in 13 man instead of benching good people.
    - Sure, why not. You have an old pc? Bye, our 40 ppl raid does not need a lagging corpse.
    - Sure, why not. You want to heal? Who cares, respec damage dealer and play a game of pressing two buttons, because healers are unneeded for scenarios. You want to tank? Same here.
    - I can deal with ability bloat in a much easier way, you know. If you feel you don't need that particular skill - just remove it from your hotbar. See? Simple, and don't require lots of work to make Dampen magic mage or Beast Eyes Hunter specs relevant, competitive and balanced.
    - Or, we could just give players back the Tabard system, which was flawless. And I'd love it to work inside raids and in rated pvp, because why the hell no? You do whatever you like, while championing the faction you need. If any, mob grinds should be removed from the game at all, because it is so 1995'ish.

Sorry. Maybe you are trying to help your own cause; but for people who don't share your opinions at this game your ideas would certainly kill whatever left in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Love the ideas. Heard most before.

Will it happen? No. Will that make me keep staying unsubbed? Yes.
    Sure. You track this forum regularly because you intend to remain unsubbed. We all think you're very stubborn.

not bad.

the flying mount idea is pretty good actually. not gonna happen though. if it was like this from the start nobody would mind, but if they changed it now people would cry fucking rivers. good thing is we're probably getting more timeless isle style stuff coming with no flying mounts at all (and no dailies).

ability bloat is something i think blizzy will address; and as much as i would love them to cut/merge half of them (i'm the 'the less buttons the better' kind of guy) it won't be as extreme.

flex dungeons - dunno, imo dungeons should be 7-man, 1 tank, 1 healer, 5 dps. would be so good for dps queues. i guess they could scale down if you wanna go with less dps but LFD should set the group up for 5.

I'm curious why many are saying this would kill the game. I like the idea of a big red button in normals to make it "heroic," as Ulduar had. I think flex going up to 40 would be really cool, but going down to 7 is probably not gonna happen.

I like combining scenarios and heroics into flex dungeons.

The flying thing doesn't make much sense. I agree with ability bloat. I shouldn't need 30 keybinds.

I'll still argue that there are better ways to make flying at least more interesting and involving (listed 2 earlier), lets say this fatigue bar happens. I'm flying along, and then get grounded.

Then what? How long before I can mount up again? If I dismount before hitting 0, and I mount again, does the bar reset? If I log out and back in, does it reset? Does it recharge if I'm using a flying mount on the ground?

what if we get running fatigue as well? if you keep running, you'll eventually get tired and be forced to walk until you wait for some while.

oh, what if we have playing fatigue as well? if you play for many hours, you'll eventually be forced to log out and allow your character to get 8 hours of sleep.

what about combat fatigue? if you keep fighting for a long time, your character will get wearker and weaker and start taking more and more damage until you die.

we can put fatigue on everything!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

Why do you hate WoW so much, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what if we get running fatigue as well? if you keep running, you'll eventually get tired and be forced to walk until you wait for some while.

oh, what if we have playing fatigue as well? if you play for many hours, you'll eventually be forced to log out and allow your character to get 8 hours of sleep.

what about combat fatigue? if you keep fighting for a long time, your character will get wearker and weaker and start taking more and more damage until you die.

we can put fatigue on everything!
    yeah lets also put a fatigue on making gold the more you gain gold the first few minutes the highher the fatigue will be untill you cant get any gold and you get gold taken away from you because you earned too much gold those few minutes
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a huge social guild with a heroic raid team. I wish flex went up to 40. Seriously. We mention that all the time!

There is a certain magic to large scale raiding. Everyone I know who has done it loves the idea of it returning in some minor fashion.

Deleted
    Go private server then for your elitist WoW because currently Blizzard listen to the majority and the majority prefer WoW now

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Go private server then for your elitist WoW because currently Blizzard listen to the majority and the majority prefer WoW now
    Which perfectly explains MoP's sub loss.

Deleted

10mill at start of MoP... 7mill Q2. That's a 30% decline... What's bigger? 3 million or 7 million

1 ok thats 50% of the players base that quits 40% are whining at the wow forums.
    2 thats an other 30% that has quit. (2% from the hc mode progression)
    3 no1 will run flex with 40 players cuz it causes sooo much drama and lag more players will quit.
    4 scenarios are ment for grps without tank and heals. dungeons are ment to be with tank and heals. so this wouldnt work.
    5 more whiners on the forums causing more players to quit.
    6 alrdy in place with timeless isle.

in total 90% of the player base would quit and only a select few would play it, but quit soon after since loads has quit.

congrats! (as stated above) you have killed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People HAVE given reasons. I even adressed the flying mount idea, compared them to the system that Aion included with wings and added the little anecdote where that in fact was the thing people complained about "Wings are cool" - the fact that they have a limited duration sucks ball" - in a nutshell

Now..YOU give us a reason why you think they are good. I mean..swings both ways. Just saying "they are good" is the same as "it is bad"

There are actually more threads here complaining how alts under 90 can still not fly in Pandaria than ppl wanting flying removed or inconvinienced. I guess if you seriously want flying removed or flying fatique introduced, you need to RP that yourself ^^ But people rather want their ideas enforced on other with gameplay mechanics, I suppose.

Like I said: After 11 alts? I want flying at lv 20 and riding at lv 1. Hell..let me fly from day 1. I have 9 Horde and 2 Ally chars..I have proven I can do this shit.
    Sure I'll tell you why it's a good idea.

1. World pvp is essentially non existent now a days, with the timeless isle and isle of thunder being exceptions. Guess what you can't fly there. Flying should only be for moving faster for short distances not across a whole continent 5 miles high. The most fun this game has to offer is world pvp all over the game, where small battles take place outside towns and in them.

2. There's 4 difficulty' technically now. Doing all 4 is the best way to hear up, which is also hurting the game. After clearing LFR, flex, and doing normals, why should I bother doing the same raid on a harder difficulty. It boring now. Kills the tier quicker which equals me not playing the game. Removing two difficulty sand leaving 2 would save the experience and cause the patch to last longer

3. Some people miss old 40 mans. Personally idc about having 40 people in a raid but why would this be a bad thing. I'd just lower my graphics if I wanted to ever participate in one.

4. Dungeons in instances that are in open world environments are a good way to combine the storytelling from scenarios but also offer somewhat lower level gear difficulty and fun at the start of the new expansion. Cata heroics were really fun before they were nerfed.

5. This is the best idea out of everything, along with the number crunch. I remember when every class didn't have every other classes unique abilities. (I.E. Paladins having fear now) also would make the game easier to balance, which would make pvp not suck ass anymore.

6. Dailys are fucking horrible. Just the fucking worse thing ever. I would love a alternative to dailys to acquire rep. I liked what they did with the vale in 5.4 with the sha. If you kill sha they give rep towards the golden lotus. That's a step up from dailys.

So yeah, his ideas would bring a lot of people back including me. These things make the game more fun. People just don't like a game that offers a challenge throughout the entire game it seems.

Do what I've done recently, start a new game of Skyrim on the hardest difficulty, with a bunch of environment changing mods that make the experience harder like harder rain and realistic snow (you can barely see in front of yourself when it snows and rains) also darker nights where you can barely see without a torch or being a vampire. Plus you don't fast travel.

I guarantee you'll love skyrim again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    1 ok thats 50% of the players base that quits 40% are whining at the wow forums.
    2 thats an other 30% that has quit. (2% from the hc mode progression)
    3 no1 will run flex with 40 players cuz it causes sooo much drama and lag more players will quit.
    4 scenarios are ment for grps without tank and heals. dungeons are ment to be with tank and heals. so this wouldnt work.
    5 more whiners on the forums causing more players to quit.
    6 alrdy in place with timeless isle.

in total 90% of the player base would quit and only a select few would play it, but quit soon after since loads has quit.

congrats! (as stated above) you have killed the game.
    What nice fake numbers you've created here
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed