Deleted

What's the best pull?

i tried to mix some abilities to figure out what's the best pull a pally can do! i ended up with:

start at 2HP (can't wait to be at melee to TP with 5hp) and iquisition with the 4p pvp and - HW-J(for the melee buff)-HW-TV-HW-CS-HW-TV-HW-ES(assuming everything proc'ed and guardian should be at 12stack at this time)-HW-TP-HW-CS-HW-TP

do you think there's better than this? i was able to do 500k+ with 555ilvl but yet other classes can do better so maybe we can too
    Last edited by mmocf84602ed46; 2013-10-27 at 06:26 PM.

500k at 555 iLvl? I recall bursting 1m on my Hunter at that gear level... And Retri Palas should be 1 of the better burst CD classes.

Deleted
    this is exactly why i ask if there's a better rotation! 1m mono for me atm is impossible because i'm not sure if i engage the fight well and neither do i have good trinkets/sets so let's pass on the numbers just the rotation

Deleted
    None of the Ret Pallys do 1m burst... trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    None of the Ret Pallys do 1m burst... trust me.
    This.

I'm ~560 and even with lucky procs, breaking 700k would be unlikely. The reason for this is because we are a little bit less bursty than we were in Cataclysm. We're still extremely cd reliant, but with most players taking sanctified wrath over holy avenger, our "burst phase" last 30 seconds and while our burst during that time is extremely high, it takes too long to inflate our numbers.

My opener is currently (assuming not starting in melee and no pvp set): J Cs Exo Inq AV GAK HoW Cs HoW TV HoW ES(nearing 12 stack gak + trinkets wearing off soon) -> the usual rotation.
    Last edited by Imperviable; 2013-10-30 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    isn't it tricky if some proc with only 10sec will fade before you hit ES? i mean if it proc instantly when you judge, that means you already spend more than 10sec (like 10.5) before ES and you'll have to refresh judgement for the melee buff unless you have a class in your raid for that before the end of the burst? and if your are like 20 yards away for the pull do you wait for CS or do you exo before CS?

http://i.imgur.com/NElONSA.jpg
    Managed to pull 1m burst on pull on Siegecrafter HC last night. The HP gain from the pvp 4set allows for some ridiculous bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by pgr View Post
    isn't it tricky if some proc with only 10sec will fade before you hit ES? i mean if it proc instantly when you judge, that means you already spend more than 10sec (like 10.5) before ES and you'll have to refresh judgement for the melee buff unless you have a class in your raid for that before the end of the burst? and if your are like 20 yards away for the pull do you wait for CS or do you exo before CS?
    I have an addon tracking procs and that's about the latest I can consistently ES. Sometimes I can push it back 2 gcds if it pops late.

I have done 850k with the pvp and 750k without. Our shaman can burst well over 1mil though, same with our lock and hunter.

I have heroic galakras/heroic nazgrim wep/4pc. 556 ilvl

If you want higher burst, track skull banner/shattering throw/trinkets/pot/wings/goak stacks, es is a big part of our burst.

edit: If I get thoks trinket I could burst even higher, right now I'm stuck with skeers. In more heroic gear pallys can def burst over a mil.

If you have a second target, make sure you are taking advantage of double jeopardy, you can burst really high then. Just replace cs.
    Last edited by averykey; 2013-11-01 at 07:38 AM.

I can do anywhere from 500-800k burst depending on procs and all, 564 ilvl, everything normal 2/2 upgraded with heroic tier chest and heroic sha sword. Been slacking on raiding this tier :l

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=1855&e=2211

545 iLvl, 650k burst at start of IJ. And I'm a pretty shitty paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    on your log it shows 499k but anyway my topic is in fact for the rotation at the pull! do you think my rotation is good enough or the one of imperviable is better or is there any better?

Deleted
    so... nobody! i conclue that this is the best pull ^^ thx anyway

edit: and assuming so the numbers just depends on the gear, the proc, the 2pc or not, the trinkets, the chance of crit during the burst, and the numbers from rng!(like the beginning of wow in fact xD) so 300k or 2mk is in fact exactly the same gameplay (there's no skill there)
    i finally got thok's trinket i won 12k dps and the burst can now go to 800k+ at 558 so it really just about the stuff and co
    Last edited by mmocf84602ed46; 2013-11-14 at 05:43 PM.