New Custom Gaming Build Help

Hi, I am trying to figure the whole custom pc stuff, I have never had a gaming pc just a laptop and want to upgrade to something decent. I started by using a build made by lifehack called crazypants gaming rig as reference with pcpartpicker and then started to change a few things from there. Here are the two sites:
    lifehacker.com/5962684/give-the-gift-of-a-custom-gaming-pc-with-these-builds
    pcpartpicker.com/p/1TVhD

So first pcpp didn't have the exact motherboard so I chose something that seemed similar, but I'm not sure if it will work well. I also chose the cpu fan without considering the whole build, the space and compatibility since I really don't know what to look for regarding this, same for the video card and RAM. The pcpp site tells me that there isn't any compatibility issues but on the bottom it says its not possible to detect any compatibility issues for the cpu cooler, RAM clearance, video card dimension clearance etc. So I really need some help to find out, see if I have to change some stuff, maybe get some suggestions to get something better. I'm on a budget thou for about $1,200 or so. Any suggestions and info about this would be great. Thanks.

Deleted
    $10 more for what should be a much better experience:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($77.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: GeIL EVO VELOCE 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($98.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($204.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case Fan: Cooler Master Megaflow 110.0 CFM 200mm Fan ($11.92 @ Outlet PC)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($39.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.99 @ Adorama)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Mouse: Cooler Master SGM-2001-BLON1 Wired Optical Mouse ($21.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1251.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-27 17:10 EDT-0400)

Made some changes.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($98.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($6.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($39.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.99 @ Adorama)
    Monitor: Samsung S24C370HL 23.6" Monitor ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Mouse: Cooler Master SGM-2001-BLON1 Wired Optical Mouse ($11.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1171.58
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-27 17:25 EDT-0400)

Bit cheaper cooler
    Less memory(16GB is overkill for a gaming rig)
    Added a SSD and changed the HDD to a Caviar Blue
    Swapped the GPU to something better
    Cheaper case
    Cheaper PSU that still leaves room for upgrading while not costing too much
    Added a monitor
    Added a blue LED casefan to match the one that comes with the case

If anything, get that Monitor & GPU ASAP before they run out of stock, both of them are a steal at those prices.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Made some changes.

Bit cheaper cooler
    Less memory(16GB is overkill for a gaming rig)
    Added a SSD and changed the HDD to a Caviar Blue
    Swapped the GPU to something better
    Cheaper case
    Cheaper PSU that still leaves room for upgrading while not costing too much
    Added a monitor
    Added a blue LED casefan to match the one that comes with the case

If anything, get that Monitor & GPU ASAP before they run out of stock, both of them are a steal at those prices.
    Hi, thanks alot for your suggestions, I think they are great specially since you brought the cost down. You where right about the monitor, its already gone. I just had a few questions, I'm very new to this whole custom gaming pc business. I was wondering if you are 100% sure that the whole build would fit perfectly into that case, I have nothing to say that it wont but neither that it will, so I really don't know and this is very important to me. Also, are you sure that the cpu fan will fit in that motherboard with the RAM, and the video card you chose?

I also wonder if the case fan will fit well into the case. I chose a bigger 200mm fan because it has more airflow and this is important because where I live is really hot and I want to have good cooling, specially since I won't be able to install water cooling. All of this fitting stuff is a main doubt I always have because pcpp can't tell if the dimensions will fit and I have no way to find out so far, I don't know what to look for to ensure that the dimensions are well for each part, so if you can help me learn about this it would be a great.

Also, you said that you picked a better video card but I really don't know the difference other than the brand and that the core clock is 925 compared to 1.2 to the nvidia I chose, this sounds important thou and I'm guessing the nvidia is better in this regard so I wonder whats the advantage of the power color, specially since I thought nvidia was the best video card brand and they have a similar price.

P.S. I had to delete all the urls because I'm not allowed to post them yet.

You where right about the monitor, its already gone.
    Figures, you can get a nice Dell panel for about $120 from Microcenter.

I just had a few questions, I'm very new to this whole custom gaming pc business. I was wondering if you are 100% sure that the whole build would fit perfectly into that case, I have nothing to say that it wont but neither that it will, so I really don't know and this is very important to me
    If it was a MicroATX case/build I might be worried, but with a ATX case you shouldn't see any problems whatsoever.

Also, are you sure that the cpu fan will fit in that motherboard with the RAM, and the video card you chose?
    Yes, I am quiet sure they will fit and I picked the 120mm fans because that is the proper size for most of that case.
    The biggest fan that can fit in that case is a 140mm, and it would replace the front 120mm fan, the rest of the fans have to be 120mm or less and it can have up to 5 case fans total(1 front, 2 top, 1 rear and one bottom).

Also, you said that you picked a better video card but I really don't know the difference other than the brand and that the core clock is 925 compared to 1.2 to the nvidia I chose, this sounds important thou and I'm guessing the nvidia is better in this regard so I wonder whats the advantage of the power color, specially since I thought nvidia was the best video card brand and they have a similar price.
    Brand doesn't matter so much as performance/price does. Just because it has a higher core clock speed does not mean it is a better card, there are a dozen other factors that you have to take into account. The HD 7870 XT runs about 2-3 times as fast as the GTX 650 due to it having much better specs in other categories like memory bandwidth, texture rate, etc etc. Plus it is a damn good deal at that price so if it's still in stock, grab it before it runs out or the price goes back up. That is one of the best cards you can get at the moment(performance vs price-wise).
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Figures, you can get a nice Dell panel for about $120

If it was a MicroATX case/build I might be worried, but with a ATX case you shouldn't see any problems whatsoever.

Yes, I am quiet sure they will fit and I picked the 120mm fans because that is the proper size for most of that case.
    The biggest fan that can fit in that case is a 140mm, and it would replace the front 120mm fan, the rest of the fans have to be 120mm or less and it can have up to 5 case fans total(1 front, 2 top, 1 rear and one bottom).

Brand doesn't matter so much as performance/price does. Just because it has a higher core clock speed does not mean it is a better card, there are a dozen other factors that you have to take into account. The HD 7870 XT runs about 2-3 times as fast as the GTX 650 due to it having much better specs in other categories like memory bandwidth, texture rate, etc etc. Plus it is a damn good deal at that price so if it's still in stock, grab it before it runs out or the price goes back up. That is one of the best cards you can get at the moment(performance vs price-wise).
    Ok great answer. Also, if I decide not to go with an SSD, would it be fine with the other storage you recommended or would you recommend another one?

Quote Originally Posted by mocvoyager View Post
    Ok great answer. Also, if I decide not to go with an SSD, would it be fine with the other storage you recommended or would you recommend another one?
    If you do not get the SSD, go with the WD Black you had originally chosen. It's a bit noisier but performs better and has a longer warranty, which is good for your primary drive.

If you do not get the SSD, go with the WD Black you had originally chosen. It's a bit noisier but performs better and has a longer warranty, which is good for your primary drive.
    Hi, I was wondering if the build you recommended me a few days ago would work well with this case pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-rc912kkn1
    This is the build you made but with the case I just mentioned
    pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
    Its just that I am looking for something that would provide great cooling and airflow since its really hot in here, but I'm not sure if the case I picked is better thou. Also, for the case that you chose or for this one I mentioned, which fans would you recommend for the case? Thanks.