Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The idea around World of Warcraft is that the lore of the original Warcraft is to be developed further and catered to the players to unravel as they go along. There is no linear progression planned out before WoW was released, that is forever constant in the mind of the developers. We have dealt with the Burning Legion once, in Outland. we have defeated The Lich King in Northrend, we have annihilated Deathwing and now most recently captured Garrosh and stripped him of his title. Everything changes constantly and the evolution of Warcraft and it's story is not set in stone. What i think will happen now, as we go further, is that we'll meet Queen Azshara and meddle with the trolls of Zandalari, as well as touch on some further Titan-related lore, before something occurs towards the end of "The Dark Below" (if that is the name) and something serious happens in terms of the Legion, which means the next expansion after the one announced in a few weeks, will be Burning Legion based, and Velens' vision of Anduin and the factions will be fulfilled.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that's true to an extent, but honestly, they don't need to zip RIGHT to Sargeras... Kil'Jaeden is a major baddie that still needs dealing with who's solidly rooted in WC3.

What I feel they need to stop doing for a while is relating everything to the freakin' old gods. It's old god this, and old god that... It's become tiresome. I really can't see how people would view ANOTHER Old God themed expansion (which you can bet anything related to Azshara/Emerald Dream/yaddayadda concept would entail) as something that's "fresh and original." We've been dealing with their crap for three expansions. In fact, the Old Gods have been built up as LESS of a threat right now than the Burning Legion; Wrathion's been pissing himself about them the entirety of MoP. N'zoth on the other hand is just off chilling somewhere doing who knows what. We haven't heard hide nor head of him or Azshara.

I say it's time to go to Argus.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-10-31 at 07:18 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Yeah, Warcraft is great and all, but considering that I've been playing the same basic formula since BC, it's kinda of getting, um, tediously boring.

Not in the sense the WoW is arduous to play, it's just that we left off the Warcraft RTS series thinking that the next game we would defeat Sargeras and save Azeroth from the legion forever. One game and eleven years later, we're still not even sure if the next expac will wrap that plot up. Yes yes, Sargeras isn't all of the bad guys, but he's the main antagonist of Warcraft. I'd really like to see some form of resolution to the main Warcraft plot before going on to other adventures.

Your thoughts?
    imho burning legion related lore could fuel the story for alot of xpacs , but blizzard is reluctant because to make us explore that lore we need to leave Azeroth, i remember someone questione metzen about it and he say that they are not really hot about leaving the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    imho burning legion related lore could fuel the story for alot of xpacs , but blizzard is reluctant because to make us explore that lore we need to leave Azeroth, i remember someone questione metzen about it and he say that they are not really hot about leaving the planet.
    Eventually, cramming us into further obscure corners of Azeroth no one ever heard of is going to become tiresome as well...

The Cataclysm zones "existed" in Lore (except for Vashj'ir, but eh) and Pandaria existed as well. But they're going to start running out of reasons for having hidden continents with lore-ramifications just popping up spontaneously.

People often shout "butbutbut the south seas...!" Yeah, well, remember when Blizzard said they didn't like a whole bunch of disconnect zones serving as their content? What's a random grab bag of islands but "a whole bunch of disconnected zones?"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-10-31 at 07:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted

Cool

Yeah, Warcraft is great and all, but considering that I've been playing the same basic formula since BC, it's kinda of getting, um, tediously boring.
    I Usually quit a few months and pick it back up from there hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    People really worry way too much about this, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest have been keeping decent stories going on for nearly 30 years now. Warcraft is pretty much the same when it comes to making up new lore. As for the faction war, yeah, not too fond of it anymore plus it divides the playerbase up further more than it needs to be (one reason I'm not touching Wildstar) to be honest. Final Fantasy 14 and Guild Wars 2 do the no faction thing right, hell, even Rift now as well.
    Never played dragonquest, but every FF game is a different setting. Let's reset WoW in a new place every expansion yeah?/
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Yes yes, Sargeras isn't all of the bad guys, but he's the main antagonist of Warcraft. I'd really like to see some form of resolution to the main Warcraft plot before going on to other adventures.

Your thoughts?
    I think Sargeras was the main villain for a long time, but I think the Old Gods are more important by now.

Not in the sense the WoW is arduous to play, it's just that we left off the Warcraft RTS series thinking that the next game we would defeat Sargeras and save Azeroth from the legion forever. One game and eleven years later, we're still not even sure if the next expac will wrap that plot up. Yes yes, Sargeras isn't all of the bad guys, but he's the main antagonist of Warcraft. I'd really like to see some form of resolution to the main Warcraft plot before going on to other adventures.

Your thoughts?
    I'm just annoyed that the Alliance just got to win the game. They got to raid our Warchief. All this questing shit and I don't get to kill little Joffrey Wyrnn?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Their bigest mistake was putting Arthas too soon. As much we had antagonists before it was only at warcraft III they really made a main villain.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Well back in the day it was all about you being some nobody from northshire abbey or something going on to take on all these chaotic events across the world.

Nowadays you are a god killing superman whos just being approached and told "we got another thing we need you to kill" instead.

Its kind of most evident in the story of any dk that played through wrath. You had your hero class origin leading you to icecrown for revenge. You get revenge and now you are just a vestigial left over too powerful for anything but just being aimed at the next thing to kill without any ryhme or reason. Its a more condensed version of the vanilla to now players story.

Theres only so many end of the world singular events we can get engaged with. It was more effective in vanilla because all over the world there were multiple potential calamities we fought against. We had the aqir in the south, the dead in naxxramas, the dark irons trying to pretty much pull the firelands into the eastern kingdoms and the black dragons manipulating the factions from the inside and thats just the big most notable things.

WoWs biggest problem is the sronger our characters get, the more they overcome, the more specific and overpowering a singular big bad must be. And thats fine for an rpg. But this is an mmorpg. The whole point is its NOT your story. The story is about azeroth. the horde and the alliance and you are one in millions just choosing to help out you faction or homeland.

I think blizzard needs to remember that a little more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm just annoyed that the Alliance just got to win the game. They got to raid our Warchief. All this questing shit and I don't get to kill little Joffrey Wyrnn?
    Not really your Warchief when he alienates you from the "True Horde".

Edit: I agree with the above post, Blizzard should focus on the big world rather than endowing players.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2013-10-31 at 07:32 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must be if Blizz may want to go back to pre-WC1 for Expansion V.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I love Warcraft lore since I started playing WoW just a few years ago. Since I started I have gone and run much of the lore content available to me and seen some of the high and low moments in the story from this game. Overall, I have loved it though as i really feel like it is difficult to tell a story arc properly in this type of game, but I think they have done about as good a job as is possible up to this point.

The biggest issues I would say I have is: They balance a PvP and a PvE game so much that the story, which is entirely involved in the PvE side of the game, gets forced into corners for the sake of keeping the PvP side of the game relevant (ie. faction war). I also agree with the statements made about the game shifting focus to your individual character and not the whole Horde, Alliance, or world. I think you lose a lot of emotion from your story when it is all about you, rather than you are a part of something bigger fighting something that is a serious threat to the group you are a part of or the world.

I think that Blizzard has plenty of direction to go with in telling story in WoW, but I will be pretty let down if Blizzard doesn't wrap up the story in some meaningful way before subscriber numbers dip below a point that they deem WoW financially nonviable and close it down. And wrapping up the story could take plenty of forms, whether that be killing Sargeras, removing the threat from the Old Gods, or even just the return and setting things right by the Titans. I consider myself be no means a lore expert and recognize these as some of the most simplistic ways to close out this story.