Thread: Realm Mergers?

Realm Mergers?

Will medium population servers be merged with others?

Ok I am on Cenarion Circle that is supposed to be at a medium level population.

However since the server is one of the older severs, it seems as though the vast majority of that population are inactive accounts/toons.

Often I feel as though I am playing on a low population server, and as I have 8 level 90s I don't want to spend that kind of money to xfer.

They are not doing realm mergers because that looks bad.

Instead they are connecting realms together. They have been connecting realms slowly since 5.4 came out, they're even going to connect 5 different realms together. Your realm may get connected, only time will tell.

You can see already connected realms, and currently planned ones at
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...realms-update/

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

Instead they are connecting realms together. They have been connecting realms slowly since 5.4 came out, they're even going to connect 5 different realms together. Your realm may get connected, only time will tell.

You can see already connected realms, and currently planned ones at
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...realms-update/
    Thanks the the info and response.

I sure hope CC gets connected to some other realms...

Or maybe blizz can offer acct xfers for a set amount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I sure hope CC gets connected to some other realms...
    It may take a while but I imagine that most of the RP servers not named Moonguard will end up connected to one another.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how Connections work out, Blizz may connect a few smaller medium-pop servers into low-pop servers to further alleviate population issues.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They aren't merging; they're simply networking certain realms so you can cross realm with more people.

15+ Year Old Account
    The intent is that, eventually, all realms feel like high population realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its connecting to servers together without the actual merge, so the servers still exist, but its like a permanant CRZ.

You are not forced to your change name or guild name.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It may take a while but I imagine that most of the RP servers not named Moonguard will end up connected to one another.

I hope your right on both accounts..... Moonguard bothers me...

10+ Year Old Account
    As Moana stated, expect all RP realms of their type except possibly moonguard or umm Wyrmrest to get connected. As technology improves/populations decline, it's possible more realms will be merged.

Medium realms also need mergers.

My dead server, Eldre'thalas, shows up as medium population.

It is an old server that has seen amazing days in vanilla and TBC, even WotLK with several guilds competing for server firsts and such.

I can tell you now it is dead. Out of more than twenty 25-man guilds, only one is left alive. All others disbanded due to lack of recruitment, transferred to high pop realms, devolved to 10-mans and then disbanded, moved to other MMOs, etc.

Even 10-man scene is pretty dead.

It is a world with few people lurking in SW and doing LFD. Nothing is going on. Dead Dead Dead.

Yet, it is medium pop. Go figure.

Deleted
    Let's be serious, these are server mergers, however they choose to dress up the terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    That's not why they're not doing the conventional merger. Quit spreading FUD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    As I said earlier, the intention is to connect realms until all realms feel like high population realms, but with leaving room for more people to join those servers in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Will medium population servers be merged with others?

Ok I am on Cenarion Circle that is supposed to be at a medium level population.

However since the server is one of the older severs, it seems as though the vast majority of that population are inactive accounts/toons.

Often I feel as though I am playing on a low population server, and as I have 8 level 90s I don't want to spend that kind of money to xfer.
    I was on Cenarion Circle a few days ago. Transferred. Was gonna wait for CRs but it decided to take a million years.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post

My dead server, Eldre'thalas, shows up as medium population.

It is an old server that has seen amazing days in vanilla and TBC, even WotLK with several guilds competing for server firsts and such.

I can tell you now it is dead. Out of more than twenty 25-man guilds, only one is left alive. All others disbanded due to lack of recruitment, transferred to high pop realms, devolved to 10-mans and then disbanded, moved to other MMOs, etc.

Even 10-man scene is pretty dead.

It is a world with few people lurking in SW and doing LFD. Nothing is going on. Dead Dead Dead.

Yet, it is medium pop. Go figure.
    Yeah that is pretty much what Cenarion Circle feels like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I was on Cenarion Circle a few days ago. Transferred. Was gonna wait for CRs but it decided to take a million years.
    Yeah I may just have to bite the bullet and pay to xfer out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I feel your pain. I have most of my existing alts and my main split between Cenarion Circle and Thorium Brotherhood. Deeply hoping that those two will get married up at some point.

For what it's worth, the pace seems to be picking up a bit on the connected realm front. If I had to make an uninformed guess I'd say their target date to complete the first pass with all realms will be a bit before the end of the expansion (because that's how big companies think). Then just adding stuff on as they see a need. My guild situation is OK and I'm not in a place where I'm anxiously not doing something for lack of people so I'll probably just wait it out before spending any money on consolidation.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."