Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Future Feature: Timewalking (Level scaled content)

As the title says, the new level scaling feature showcased on the frontpage is likely to be implemented for a way for max level players to revisit old content.
    I think the mode will work like this:
    -Right click portrait, change raid/dungeon setting to Timewalker
    -All high level party/raid members that enter an dungeon/raid will have their abilities and gear scaled to the level of the dungeon/raid.
    -This mode does not scale up, and it's primary purpose would be to either allow-high level players to run dungeons with low-level friends or allow a group of high-level players enjoy some old content.
    Edit: -Max-level players that complete the instance gain reputation with the Timewalker faction, faction quartermaster sells pets/mounts/tabards as an incentive.

I believe its a fantastic idea, as i don't like blizzard attempting to renew old content (Like zul'gurub, scholomance), and instead just allow you to adjust your own power to match the level of the content.
    At least this way they probably won't ruin some of my older favourite dungeons/raids like Karazhan and Dire Maul, and i'll be able to semi re-live them with a group of friends.
    Thoughts on this new possible feature?
    Last edited by Chookchan; 2013-10-28 at 02:22 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Timewalking is definitely good, would be nice to also be able to scale down our levels to play with friends who are low lvl.

I would also like for a feature to run all old 5man and raids as top level content with various useful rewards.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool name for it, good tie into the Timewalkers faction.

For sure I think this feature is coming, reportedly someone found their gear scaled down when entering a lowbie dungeon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    To able to do Molten Core in the iLevel needed will be exciting.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift has been doing this for quite a while. Although Rift goes a step further and lets you do it even outside of instances, so you can quest with your friends and whatnot. I really wish Blizzard would fully implement this in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Watching the video on the front page he's scaled to lvl 58 but hitting 2 times harder than sunwell lel, still not dat great but w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it
    Is peoples nostalgia for worthless old content that strong? the only way this really makes any sense to me is if it's some kind of first step towards a time-themed expansion where level 95/100 players are sent back to deal with shit messing about said older instances. Opening up the pool of 5-mans to a fairly huge number. Otherwise I just can't understand people gushing at being able to scale back down and run hellfire ramparts again
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Watching the video on the front page he's scaled to lvl 58 but hitting 2 times harder than sunwell lel, still not dat great but w/e
    Well yeah it's not even an official feature yet. This is a very early version so you can't really expect it to be properly tuned at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I don't get it
    Is peoples nostalgia for worthless old content that strong? the only way this really makes any sense to me is if it's some kind of first step towards a time-themed expansion where level 95/100 players are sent back to deal with shit messing about said older instances. Opening up the pool of 5-mans to a fairly huge number. Otherwise I just can't understand people gushing at being able to scale back down and run hellfire ramparts again
    I think it has more to do with running old school raids than 5 mans tbh, I would love to be scaled down to be able to do black temple/sunwell again even though if scaled down you would still be doing too much dmg and with all the new spells etc it still wouldnt feel the same so I dont think they will ever be able to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    As the title says, the new level scaling feature showcased on the frontpage is likely to be implemented for a way for max level players to revisit old content.
    I think the mode will work like this:
    -Right click portrait, change raid/dungeon setting to Timewalker
    -All high level party/raid members that enter an dungeon/raid will have their abilities and gear scaled to the level of the dungeon/raid.
    -This mode does not scale up, and it's primary purpose would be to either allow-high level players to run dungeons with low-level friends or allow a group of high-level players enjoy some old content.

I believe its a fantastic idea, as i don't like blizzard attempting to renew old content (Like zul'gurub, scholomance), and instead just allow you to adjust your own power to match the level of the content.
    At least this way they probably won't ruin some of my older favourite dungeons/raids like Karazhan and Dire Maul, and i'll be able to semi re-live them with a group of friends.
    Thoughts on this new possible feature?
    I'm not against it. It does sound neat.

I just dislike the idea devs spending time making "world of guild wars" instead of making me some WoW content. Tired of gimmicks and shit, especially ripping off other games that already failed.

I think it would be great to help a guildie level their alt by queing up for dungeons with them. I approve this feature.

This will be a great way to make people remember how simple raiding used to be. Even more so now with proper stat distribution on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    I'm not against it. It does sound neat.

I just dislike the idea devs spending time making "world of guild wars" instead of making me some WoW content. Tired of gimmicks and shit, especially ripping off other games that already failed.
    You do realize that software is modular and that they probably have a different team developing game features than the one that works on the actual content, right?

They don't have to stop everything else just because they are also working on a new feature?

Hope there will be achievements/titles involved with this. Like if you clear all the raids in the Timewalker you become XXXX, The Time Walker. Or Time Walker XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You do realize that software is modular and that they probably have a different team developing game features than the one that works on the actual content, right?

They don't have to stop everything else just because they are also working on a new feature?
    Yeah, I'm sure they have a separate and quite large gimmick-replication team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I don't get it
    I think there will be a faction called the Timewalkers, and running old-rescaled content will give reputation and might have some flavour rewards like a mount/pets/tabard, the usual stuff.
    I don't believe the next expansion will be time themed.

I think blizzard will be doing this just to allow max level players both new and old to the game, to revisit old content with a small incentive, that's all.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

You can use it outside instances too , i remember seeing a lvl 10 horde rogue in westfall full set geared with legendary cloack , killing people in 4v1 duels bcs he had to much tools due to him having all abilities of a lvl 90 , but still will be fun ( and i dont know how he did manage to get on this feature since its not yet announced on live , or maybe im not informed about it)

It's a nice idea, but I have to ask...

...if players didn't play Challenge modes for, you know - challenge, fun, acheesments and cosmetic rewards... what's the incentive for them to play the lower-dungeons at their original level?

its basically blizzards solution to all the begging for vanilla/tbc servers, instead you get scaled instances. i guess it could bring some old players back and attract some new, but I doubt it would have much impact just like flex and hc scenarios.

Deleted
    If they want to do it right, just copy/paste mentoring from rift. And rifts mentoring dungeons queue.