Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Starting all over after a 2 year break! What is there to do at end game for casuals?

I won't be able to raid like I used to in the past, so I was wonder, what can I do for end game content as a casual. Other than LFR?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flex-size Raiding is the hot new thing. You just need to find a guild, or install one of two addons and boom!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well if you're horde, you can go lose over and over and over in AV. ( and any BG :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Flex-size Raiding is the hot new thing. You just need to find a guild, or install one of two addons and boom!
    Which addons are you referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    Well if you're horde, you can go lose over and over and over in AV. ( and any BG :P )
    I never really pvp'd before. But now I cannot wait to get into arenas and whatnot!

Personally, I would have re-subbed for SoO but I'm not a big fan of LFR, and I don't have time for actual guild raiding, I quit mid-MoP because dailies and scenarios couldn't do it for me. So now, my advice to give, would be wait for the next expansion, read up on it, get your hopes up, and return with the mentality that this is what you have been waiting for lol

Deleted
    There's Flex: with tools like openraid or oqueue, it's not really harder for casuals to access than LFR. (It's essentially normal with a 30% nerf.) At the moment, Flex doesn't seem more time intensive than LFR as wipes seem to be much more common in LFR now. Getting the gear that Flex groups require may require a bit of effort - getting drops from LFR and grinding valor - but that's not too painful with heroic scenarios, daily dungeons and scenarios, Isle of Thunder weeklies and dailies.

You can collect transmog sets by soloing raids, you can explore Pandaria for the dozens of hidden unique heirloom model weapons that randomly spawn in cool little hiding places you can loot from the ground and use. There are hidden items as well with flavor text you can hunt and hidden bags of gold that literally vendor for hundreds of gold. You can hunt eggs that randomly spawn to raise a cloud serpent or do it the long way. There is a chain of dailies that unlocks an epic chapter in a lore heavy quest every other day that has you literally taking part in a battle in Dalaran or travelling to Teldrassil to track a hidden artifact or make your way through what sometimes seem almost like solo instances or scenarios. There are scenarios. There are pet species that only come out during certain weather patterns or similar unique spawning conditions you can catch and cage and sell or try out pet battles. There's never been more to do at end game, and the content patches have been coming out less than 6 months apart steadily since launching MOP, with 2 different patch teams working simultaneously on future content.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

you still got your toons from 2years ago? or you starting afresh?

does it feel like a really really long time for you? how old are you now?

i remember going back to an mmo after i'vebeen absent for a few months, feels like i have to learn everything ago, it takes me over a month to master everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collect Achievments,transmog gear,pet battle,rated bg,arenas,looking for raid and even flex (one wing take usually hour and half if group is not the best). Compared previous expacs they still add something new to do.

Deleted
    What Yig said + flex (can be pugged if you're on a reasonably populated server), farming stuff on the Timeless Isle, dailies (the initial 5.0 ones are hated by almost everyone, but if you do them at a leisurely pace they're in fact fine, the 5.1 questline is actually really interesting and worth it, do 5.2 for mount + stuff too, if you're interested), Proving Grounds and Brawlers' Guild (if you want a bit of a challenge for a change), farming Zandalari Warbringers or Scouts to get rich (and exalted with MoP factions), and general exploration is also a thing nowadays. Take your time to try a bit of everything.

I would just wait till next xpac at this point tbh.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR, Flex, Treasure hunting on Timeless Isle, crafting, AH play, BGS, RBGs, Arena

The add on he refers to is OQueue

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how much time you have, you could always try looking for a 'casual' guild. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, there's always LFR, Flex, being afk in a capital, or you could try pvp'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about. I'm horde and I win most of the bgs I join. AV and isle are the only exceptions.

Don't listen to those savages, DON'T join to a casual raiding guild. Wiping on stupid things burns you out faster (again) than anything else.

Either go super casual and do pug/openraid/oqueue raids where you can leave whenever you had enough, or find a decent guild.

Pets
    Scenarios
    Proving Grounds
    LFR
    Flex
    Arena
    BG
    RBG
    Achievements
    Reps
    Timeless Isle
    Transmog runs
    Low level legendaries

Jumping on the forums and screaming about how unfair MoP is to casual players.

You can pet battle,
    start and keep up a farm,
    LFR,
    And everything else a casual would have done in the past is still there.

I took a bit of a break, I was barely playing around MoP cause my guild I'd been in since the beginning of TBC finally went belly up...sold it for a decent amount too.. Played MoP solo leveling a Panda Monk horde side then just stopped.

Came back with 5.4 and went ally for a change of pace since I hadn't played ally since the beginning of TBC/end of Classic..or Vanilla or whatever you want to call it. Leveled a paladin and transfered my monk. Still essentially guildless, the guild my paly is in may very well be a gold farming guild but I'll take the buffs. What I've been doing:

Mount collecting..or trying to. right now working on Shado-pan rep cause I never finished that.

Played the AH with stuff from my farm and gathering professions

Seeing what old content I can solo made it up to ICC...but I got bored.

slowly but surely finishing my Legendary cloak quest on Monk and Paladin.

LFR - WHICH, well, it is what it is. Not going to poo poo on it or say "dats for scrubs yo, 25man HC 4 LIFE YO! YOLO!" but it is rather discouraging to spend hours in a SoO wing because..people feel even though they aren't the tank they HAVE TO open boxes or "don't DPS when he's in defensive stance" is a combinations of words that must be so some people "oogie booige cloop clop!" or "when you have the beam don't run through the oil" is like speaking latin to people..then only come out of there with barely enough gold to cover repairs and a whole 90 valor points..wooo..This is even with bonus rolls. I wouldn't mind the wiping or the stupidity but finally getting a boss down after much shenanigans, losing tanks because for some reason LFR in MoP created a prima donna tank that rivals Tera's US launch, waiting for tanks and here's your boobie prize..a bag of 15 gold! Don't spend it all in one place.

Pet battles - oddly addicting...

Pet collecting - equally as addicting..

Doing content I missed like the Isle of Thunder and what not.

Leveling alts - I leveled a bunch of toon through NE areas last itme I was ally, it's kinda interesting to see the cata changes. poor poor Aurberdine...

I do have oQueue but haven't really had the time or "umph" to use it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Pets
    Scenarios
    Proving Grounds
    LFR
    Flex
    Arena
    BG
    RBG
    Achievements
    Reps
    Timeless Isle
    Transmog runs
    Low level legendaries
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. A list. Can anyone add to the list?