Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I need an addon, in fact we all need it.

I need an addon that tells who healed a person that was bellow a certain percentage. Kind of like a who saved someone. It could keep tabs and be a part of Skada even. What would it take to do something like that?

For what reason?
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    For what reason?
    The answer to that question is a can of worms.

Lets just say I want to keep tabs on healers.

Deleted
    Yea we really need "link skada healer saves plox" in lfr. No.

Healing doesn't quite work like that, some healers are a lot stronger at saving someone then others.

Shamans have their mastery that helps, and a Paladin with a lucky critical could easily get someone up a lot faster then a Monk or Druid. The main issue is the community that treats healing like DPS. Healing isn't competitive in the same manner. Your excuse is bad, and your logic is bad. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    The main issue is the community that treats healing like DPS. Healing isn't competitive in the same manner.
    Exactly, that is why it is needed. I am willing to bet the healers topping meters are not the ones topping off lower players more times that not. People have been treating healing like dps. I want to see who is effective at topping off endangered players. Not saying there are doing better but it would be interesting to see what class and spells are doing well that it.

There isn't a good way to measure "good" healing though. Aren't the people keeping the raid's health topped off just as important as the ones who throw a Lay on Hands to get the tank back up when he dips down to 10%? You're suggesting that one aspect of healing is more important.

You could actually encourage a situation where healers LET bad things happen just to have more life-saving heals show up in some stupid add-on.

If you suspect a healing is doing something stupid or sub-optimal maybe try talking to them about it?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Exactly, that is why it is needed. I am willing to bet the healers topping meters are not the ones topping off lower players more times that not. People have been treating healing like dps. I want to see who is effective at topping off endangered players. Not saying there are doing better but it would be interesting to see what class and spells are doing well that it.
    What you're asking for is impossible because you're comparing DPS and Healing in the same manner. As a Mistweaver, I do my best to top lower players off, but I know that by the time I start channeling Soothing Mist, and cast Surging Mist / Enveloping Mists, someone else could've done a far faster job, and a far better one of it as mine requires me to waste my Raid Healing source, or a large chunk of Mana.

So I'll put my time and effort into topping off the raid, to doing what is best suited to my skill set and class capabilities. That is what is important as a Healer, not Healing per Second, not Healer Saves, but the co-ordination and team work required to work on the weaknesses and strengths of other healers.

You're the source of the problem, and you using one issue to validate your own. Just leave it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    What you're asking for is impossible because you're comparing DPS and Healing in the same manner. As a Mistweaver, I do my best to top lower players off, but I know that by the time I start channeling Soothing Mist, and cast Surging Mist / Enveloping Mists, someone else could've done a far faster job, and a far better one of it as mine requires me to waste my Raid Healing source, or a large chunk of Mana.

So I'll put my time and effort into topping off the raid, to doing what is best suited to my skill set and class capabilities. That is what is important as a Healer, not Healing per Second, not Healer Saves, but the co-ordination and team work required to work on the weaknesses and strengths of other healers.

You're the source of the problem, and you using one issue to validate your own. Just leave it.
    So it would be impossible to create the kind of addon he specified?

On my Holy Pally I often spam Holy Light on a tank when nothing else is going on. Overhealing you say? How about it building a nice big mastery shield? My mastery is very effective healing.

@Op - I don't think you have ever played a healer. You show very little understanding of healing.

Edit - You mentioned you wanted to "keep tabs" on healers. How about posting logs and reviewing them? See who is putting out healing when damage spikes and/or raid wide damage is happening.
    Last edited by CallMeGrey; 2013-10-27 at 10:56 PM.

Impossible? Probably not.
    Stupid? Yes.

Healing is a team effort and trying to pit them against each other is the direct opposite of helpful.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

See what you did, you went and opened the can of worms!!!
    Last edited by Nightstorm; 2013-10-28 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    So it would be impossible to create the kind of addon he specified?
    I'm sure it could be easily done, but there is zero value in it. As I said, there are some healers who are just so much better at certain tasks, such as topping up the raid, keeping someone who is below 35% health alive, or whatever.

This addon would not help you improve your healers, the raid and would only cause issues. Can it be done, sure, but should it? Hell no.

"Healing is feeling"

If you want to see who was pulling weight, look at overall effective healing done. The goal is to max healing done while minimizing over healing done.
    In recount you can see a healers history of who they healed. Generally however, it will be very apparent when a healer isnt pulling weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    The goal is to max healing done while minimizing over healing done.
    And yet another false statement.

As a Mistweaver, my Healing produces Mana Tea, which I need for Mana Regeneration. I've always got a ton of over-healing, yet that is how Monks play! Also, in general overhealing done is never the issue unless that person is running out of mana.

Can people seriously stop making blanket statement for Healers, on the basis they operate the same way in which DPS do. Meters in 90% of the cases for Healers are pointless, it isn't about meters, it is about team work, co-ordination, minimising damage taken (Devotion Aura, Cooldowns, Disarms, Dispels) and much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    "Healing is feeling"

If you want to see who was pulling weight, look at overall effective healing done. The goal is to max healing done while minimizing over healing done.
    In recount you can see a healers history of who they healed. Generally however, it will be very apparent when a healer isnt pulling weight.
    The goal of healing is to keep everyone alive, not to maximize hps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I think that it could be a useful part of helping to examine the overall / big picture. A guy in my guild today asked me what appropriate HPS is for SoO ... he's only been healing for a few months (total in his WoW career), doesn't feel like he's getting better fast enough, and is sorta at wit's end about it. I told him HPS is really not a good measure. However, yes, it is part of the picture, just as effective healing is.

No one thing is ever going to give you all the answers, but the more you can analyze the clearer idea you'll have of what's going on.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Just no. Infect NOBODY needs something like this. I suspect OP isn't a healer nor has the understanding of all the healer classes or how they mesh/compliment each other, some healers excel better at low % healing as some do better with keeping people topped off, you are pretty much punishing people based off game/class design.

First off healing meters are pointless to begin with as they don't do much, you should be checking healer performance via WoL if anything. An addon like this will only make already toxic environments (LFR) even worse by encouraging healers to 'slack off' and allow people to drop lower in health to bump their 'saves' - if anything I see more deaths occurring because of this. Seems to me like OP is looking for reasons to blame deaths on healers instead of the person who died. Outside of AoE damage or an unavoidable ability it's also the DPS and Tanks job to survive using active mitigation (hell every class/spec has one now), moving out of fire or whatever other stupid mechanic blizz throws at us maybe you should be looking into the reason why people are dying instead of jumping straight to your healers?

This would end up killing more people as the healers that were interested in padding the meter would let people get as low as possible before healing them. Remember EQ where some healers would try to let people go unconscious before healing them? Yeah, most of the time they just died.

Creating the addon is possible, but such a simplified measure of performance is hugely biased and open to being cheated at the expense of someone doing their job, in addition to ignoring class mechanics.
    It is not needed in any form, by you or anyone else but simply encouraging the "omg bigger numbers" mentality which has infested the raiding community.