Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up Prestige Elite Leveling

I believe Blizzard should create a prestige leveling system, in 7.0 once the level cap after 6.0 is 100, go into elite leveling, max Elite level being 60, giving a bit more wiggle room for future expansions. Just a random idea What does everyone think?

I would think it'd be pretty interesting being an elite.

What do you mean wiggle room? They possess the technology to boost the max level over 100.

yes that is true, but come on I would hate to run around being a level 110.

Something similar to D3 I think is what he's thinking of. Blizzard obviously can do it. Maybe it wouldn't be the WORST idea to have that kind of leveling system. After 100, it may be a little.... I don't know... strange?
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

1. It's a terrible idea.

2. You want to be "elite"? Join a hardcore progression guild or whatever the PvP equivalent is.

So....Diablo 3?

I wouldn't like it, I would however like it if it didn't improve your stats, but improved your character, gave cosmetic and quality of life rewards, I can get far more excited other a new shiny new model or portal or mount or whatever than after 10 hours I've gained 10 more strength or whatever, yawn.

It also wouldn't have Elite anywhere near it, as the company they are, they can't say one thing is "elite" over the other. - levelling is for everyone, hence why heroic etc is an exception.

I'd rather have "levelling" into changing your race into a subrace or class into a class variant of xyz for new appearances and flavour spells and so on.

They could place the Gold Dragon on your portrait, and the idea of cosmetics would be nice. Some kind of xmog gear reward and titles would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyzik View Post
    yes that is true, but come on I would hate to run around being a level 110.
    Why? How is it any different than running around at 100, or 90, or any other number? Because 110 has three digits?

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I wouldn't like it, I would however like it if it didn't improve your stats, but improved your character, gave cosmetic and quality of life rewards, I can get far more excited other a new shiny new model or portal or mount or whatever than after 10 hours I've gained 10 more strength or whatever, yawn.
    This is more or less right, but not because of personal preference. Blizzard can't offer significant stat/combat bonuses for some kind of "prestige" level because it messes up their entire concept of balance and gear-based character strength. This is a very different environment to Diablo where levels are concerned.

Deleted
    I agree that beyond level 100 an alternate advancement system is needed. They might have the technology to go beyond 100 (I believe the game has a hard cap of 255 or some such) but it's psychologically quite daunting for new players to reach level 100. More than that would be overwhelming for a lot of people.

They're not going to just arbitrarily stop adding new levels at 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post

2. You want to be "elite"? Join a hardcore progression guild or whatever the PvP equivalent is.
    trying to insult someone by using his words for your benefit is wrong.

he's not saying anything about hardcore prog or w/e. he's saying he want elite lvls after 100 so the number doesnt go higher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe adding something that gave cosmetic rewards outside of regular leveling would be nice, but for it to replace regular leveling? Hmm..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I agree that beyond level 100 an alternate advancement system is needed. They might have the technology to go beyond 100 (I believe the game has a hard cap of 255 or some such) but it's psychologically quite daunting for new players to reach level 100. More than that would be overwhelming for a lot of people.
    thats only what you have seen in private servers, there is nothing stopping blizzard going further than that if they wanted.
    in fact they could alter the amount of XP gained from various sources, and you could get one level per expansion if they so desired.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Blizzard removed Levels & added in a new progression path ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I don't understand the problem with having normal levels past 100? a lot of other MMOs go past 100 without making it a big issue just fine.

They already have alternate forms of leveling. They are called rep grinds.

SO you want leveling, rep grinds, and "elite leveling"? It doesn't make sense to me. Just add another rep grind if that makes you happy, I guess.

Not sure what you mean with 'elite' levels to begin with tbh...

Care to eleborate a bit more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    thats only what you have seen in private servers, there is nothing stopping blizzard going further than that if they wanted.
    in fact they could alter the amount of XP gained from various sources, and you could get one level per expansion if they so desired.
    Never been on a private server, that's just what I've heard is the hard cap. I gather that they probably could change it, but not without some difficulty. Like how the default bag wasn't designed with expansion in mind, so they can't alter it without risking us losing stuff. It may be that they could alter the hard level cap, but it would risk messing up our characters and stuff.

One level per expansion would be a bad idea (though I don't think you were actually suggesting it.). Again it's psychological - There needs to be that feeling of reward there.

Being stuck at 95 feels much sillier than going above 100, as level caps tend to be either nice round numbers or one below a nice round number (i.e. 99). I guess 105 might feel a bit silly at first if they stick to the five levels per expansion approach.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.