Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

OH MY GOD. Engineering is usefull for 5 seconds. Plsnerfkthx.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Why would you want to exploit Siegecrafter? It's the most fun fight in all of SoO. (Unless you're on conveyor belt duty I guess).

Deleted
    Nah wouldnt call it an exploit....I dont think that you got enough engineers to stun lock them and to be honest the mines are imo not the biggest thread present in that fight.

It may eases the fight a bit but not to that extend that it can be facerolled.... Its still a hard but fun boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Thats my guild lol. We didnt send 7 DPS every belt.

This does not trivialize this boss in the least. Mines are the easiest part of the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do i have a feeling this is a troll thread? I'm still waiting to see the logs of the OP who says it makes the fight so easy.

Because it's okay for troll racial to apply to dps check bosses but as soon as engineering toys work on anything relevant it needs a nerf. No double standards here, move along.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Because it's okay for troll racial to apply to dps check bosses but as soon as engineering toys work on anything relevant it needs a nerf. No double standards here, move along.
    Sigh. Don't exploit mini, it isn't nice.

God forbid one boss in a dozen tiers actually uses fucking mechanicals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Sigh. Don't exploit mini, it isn't nice.
    Less of an exploit than fucking beastslaying. We have a belt that stuns machines. He makes machines it is good to stun. What's the exploit?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    still not sure what you're getting at here and how it makes the boss more than .5% easier

First it was frag bombs for Heroic Sha of Fear's Adds, then Nitro Boost for Lei Shen's Helm of Command, and now EMP Generator for Blackfuse. Engineerings been fantastic this expansion.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-10-28 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    I'm serious man.
    My team stuck on this S**T for about 200 wipes. 5 Assembly Line DPS.
    When we switch to this one we have 7 Assembly Line DPS. And the BOSS is like a training stake.
    With 2 wipes of try we made it easily. Even 1 DPS died on Assembly Line in wave 7.
    Ok so it took you 200 tries to figure out engineering might be useful for this fight? Now that you saw it is useful you want to remove it so you don't kill the boss in 2 tries again? Maybe the real truth here is that you read about somewhere and you feel the need to champion some stupid cause to remove it just because?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-10-28 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    I guess people forgot how broken Engineering was on H:LK lol

EMPs only stun the crawler mines. You must be fucking high to say the boss turns into a training dummy. You also say you don't have to deal with missiles or fire. Again you are high. You have to deal with the rest of the fight like normal, only thing it does is stun mines which is probably the easiest part of the fight to begin with, hence why you leave them up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    EMPs only stun the crawler mines. You must be fucking high to say the boss turns into a training dummy. You also say you don't have to deal with missiles or fire. Again you are high. You have to deal with the rest of the fight like normal, only thing it does is stun mines which is probably the easiest part of the fight to begin with, hence why you leave them up.
    what, not in 10 you don't. we only get them once when the boss is already at ~20% anyways. Assuming you mean 25

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    I guess people forgot how broken Engineering was on H:LK lol
    The difference being, of course, that Saronite bombs causing fallen platforms to respawn is a COMPLETELY intended thing for saronite bombs to do, am i right?

This is more akin to the Chain Circle of Frost stun for the Rage adds on the Will of the Emperor strat for MSV, or using Paladins with the Stun Glyph (or whatever it was) for that AoE undead spell they had to chain stun adds on Heroic Anubarak in Trial of the Crusader.

One is clearly an Exploit, the other is creative use of game mechanics. What would be more amusing is if the Engineering toy that lets you mind controll Mechanicals worked on the Crawler mines. Killing the boss with his own shit would be even better.

Well. On Line we kill the mine and leave laser and missile.
    For this EMP we just need to kill laser.
    Mine isn't a problem when you can chain stun them into death with AoE.
    And if you don't have fire in Heroic Mode you don't need more DPS on platform run-run-run. Then more DPS on Line to assure the weapon is killed.
    That's way easier.
    YOU DON'T NEED TO MOVE UNLESS missile and boss skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Thats my guild lol. We didnt send 7 DPS every belt.

This does not trivialize this boss in the least. Mines are the easiest part of the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do i have a feeling this is a troll thread? I'm still waiting to see the logs of the OP who says it makes the fight so easy.

If you STUN the mine, then it's the easiest part.
    If you have fire on platform, how can you say it's the "easiest" part

Haven't tested it back during progress but I definitely see how this is a lot easier than rotating other ccs to deal with mines especially if it actually has no dr and normal stuns do it is most certainly fix worthy. It might be not the most crucial part of the encounter but still the slowing and correct handling was kinda annoying.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-10-29 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Haven't tested it back during progress but I definitely see how this is a lot easier than rotating other ccs to deal with mines especially if it actually has no dr and it is most certainly fix worthy. It might be not the most crucial part of the encounter but having no dr on those stuns simply removes the whole mechanic.
    There's no DR on Ursol's Vortex or Gorefiend's Grasp. Unfortunately this is the kind of mechanic where some classes very much excel at it, while others suck at it.

What's the problem with engineering filling this gap in raids that don't have the desired classes? Bring the player, not the class? I can switch my profession to engineering if I need to. It's a lot, lot harder to switch classes for a certain fight.

I play LFR. So I have no idea what you're talking about.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    Well. On Line we kill the mine and leave laser and missile.
    For this EMP we just need to kill laser.
    Mine isn't a problem when you can chain stun them into death with AoE.
    And if you don't have fire in Heroic Mode you don't need more DPS on platform run-run-run. Then more DPS on Line to assure the weapon is killed.
    That's way easier.
    YOU DON'T NEED TO MOVE UNLESS missile and boss skill.

- - - Updated - - -

If you STUN the mine, then it's the easiest part.
    If you have fire on platform, how can you say it's the "easiest" part
    I think there's a language barrier here, but it sounds like you guys were killing mines before because you thought they were too hard to deal with, and you switched to killing lasers instead. Well, the mines are completely doable without a raid full of engineers. Also, dealing with mines isn't significantly harder with or without the fire on the platform. Either you control the mines, (which you can do without engineering) or you don't.