Poll: Do you want Account-Wide LFG queues?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Account-Wide Dungeon Finder Queues?

What ho,

Would you want the Dungeon Finder to span across your entire account?

By this I mean being able to select which character to queue up with, regardless of which one you're currently playing (assuming it meets the requirements of course). Once the queue is over, if you click accept you will automatically log onto your queued character and teleport into the raid or dungeon.

It would be nice to be able to play alts while waiting for the queue with your main.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-10-27 at 10:42 PM.

Hm. Actually a really cool idea. I'd fully support this; might mean people take a bit longer to zone in at the start, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Hm. Actually a really cool idea. I'd fully support this; might mean people take a bit longer to zone in at the start, but that's a minor inconvenience.
    Yes a minor one. It'd be awesome to do relevant stuff on alts while waiting, not being tied to your main.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I would REALLY like that
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

15+ Year Old Account
    This would make the game more alt friendly for sure.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sign a petition for this. Sounds like a good idea.

I've wanted it for a while. I'll queue up for something on a character, finish dealing with my farm, look around, decide to do another character's farm... but I can't, because I've queued, and I've been in queue for a bit (I likely went off to get something to drink, mebbe a house chore, while working on my farm) and the time spent already in queue I wouldn't want to waste.

I wind up opening up a browser and reading or something while I wait for the queue to pop. And then I'm paranoid while I'm at it because the damn queue pop sound doesn't actually happen 75% of the time, now.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Hell yes. I think it's probably a technical issue though.

Deleted
    i would love this

awesome idea now post it on the blizz forums

Sounds like a nice feature and I agree with the guy a bit above who talked about logging for an alt is painful when you've already spent 10 minutes+ in queue; making them feel completely wasted.

Deleted
    and then i have to wait 5 minutes until everyone is on the right toon..? not sure about that...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a great idea as long as you're only allowed to queue one character per account. If you're able to queue more than that, you're wasting everyone else's time that is automatically matched with another one of your characters which did not get the first queue pop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    and then i have to wait 5 minutes until everyone is on the right toon..? not sure about that...
    Well he did say you'd be automatically logged over. The only waiting you'd have to do is determined by the speed of everyone else's computers, which is really no different than the process of loading into an instance.

Deleted
    I made a suggestion in the ingame ? menu about this a few weeks ago. Hope they make it happen someday. Seems like others want it too

Deleted
    would love this, queue for raid finder on my 90, level my alt while in queue, when it pops up it auto switches to main. this is cool! make it happen blizzard!

This would really, really be helpful for pvp addicts like me: being able to do Wintergrasp or Tol Barad or doing For the Horde achievement while queued for dungeons on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    I'd assume that if it were implemented that once you entered the instance you'd be transformed into the toon that you queued up with. The biggest issue would more than likely be people queueing on alts and then realizing that they didn't have any flasks, food, or pots and needing to leave the instance after entering. Of course if they'd implement the ability to see what your alts had in their inventory, for those who do not use addons that enable this, this would be less of a potential problem.

Deleted
    Glad people like it.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much taking the multiple queuing feature to the next level by making it account wide. It's not really necessary but it's one of those quality of life changes that most people tend to enjoy. But yes, seems like more of a technical hurdle for Blizzard if anything. Whether it's worth it or not is up to them.
    Butts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I don't care for it. There has to be a line drawn between convenience and laziness and this crosses such a line into laziness. There are tons of things to do while you wait in queue you do not have to level your alt right then and there. They've even added extra convenience to make sure you don't get thrown out of a queue during a disconnect.
    With all due respect, I don't think is about convenience in the way that the dungeon finder itself is.

This is just a way to make sure as much of your online time as possible is spent doing on what you enjoy doing. Having to settle for filler content like grinding your 50th reputation to exalted while waiting for a queue on your main is not ideal. Instead, you should be able to level up a new character for instance. Spend your time doing the things you want to do, as it were.