Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly, but only if the models for another race are ASTOUNDINGLY better. Right now Troll Racial for a Mage is just too good, have to keep up with it.

At least the female troll models are ok.

Definitely! Getting tired of the same old models. I would like something different to look at once in a while, but I guess that's why I'm an alt whore.

For me i would prefer just the updated models for the races i currently play- alot can be done for humans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I can't really answer that without seeing the new models.
    Completely this for me as well.
    For the Horde!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay for a race change, but I would roll a new alt.

I already pay Blizzard enough money.

I have all classes with a fitting race. (orc warrior, Goblin Hunter, Undead Priest) so I doubt I'll have to racechange. But I'll probably be a lot happier to play them.

for me, it's not likely, a lot depends on what htey look like, but i expect all new models to be great, so why would I bother changing them?

i told blizzard a while ago, it was a better strategy to stagger the release of the models, gives them more time to do a better job, and this way, more people would race change, afterall, if there is a new human and orc model and the rest are old, you'd probably race change to human or orc till the next set of models are ready.

Furthermore, staggering allows you more time to do advanced races/sub-races - for e.g. this way you can do a phased start zone for each sub-race, or at least do start up unlocking quests if you go via the advanced race route.. either way you give yourself more time and you can even charge to unlock the race quickly, which some will.

2 Huge incentives:

1.Advanced Race/Sub-groups will have a far greater imnpact on race changes than new models would. Afterall, If i'm an Orc and we get a new orc model, I won't race change at all, but if i have the chance to make my Duroatr orc a Mag'har Orc or Dragonmaw Orc.
    2. Sub-races provides new likeable race options. I may really like the new orc model, but hate your typical Durotar Orc because of their story and profile: they're genocidal, warmongering and brutal - however, the Mag'har on the other hand I could definitely click with, they' spiiritual, warrior but honourable ones, wise too they werne't duped by demons showing character and control over blind ambition and lust for power, these I could definitely like and could definitely play as. I would switch my hunter to a Mag'har orc.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-10-29 at 10:14 AM.

I have three orcs on the Horde side at level 90: Warrior, Hunter, Death Knight.

I couldn't pass up the way an orc warrior looks in plate and I wanted the pet damage bonuses for the other two classes. If updated models were instituted tomorrow I'd have the conundrum on my hands: Race change to a new troll or bad-ass looking Tauren or go revel in my new updated orcs? Decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    for me, it's not likely, a lot depends on what htey look like, but i expect all new models to be great, so why would I bother changing them?

i told blizzard a while ago, it was a better strategy to stagger the release oft he models, gives them more time to do a better job, and this wya, more people would race change, afterall, if there is a new human and orc model and the rest are old, you'd probably race change to human or orc till the next set of models are ready.

Furthermore, staggering allows you more time to do advanced races/sub-races - for e.g. this way you can do a phased start zone for each sub-race, or at least do start up unlocking quests if you go via the advanced race route.. either way you give yourself more time and you can even charge to unlock the race quickly, which some will.

2 Huge incentives:

1.Advanced Race/Sub-groups will have a far greater imnpact on race changes than new models would. Afterall, If i'm an Orc and we get a new orc model, I won't race change at all, but if i have the chance to make my Duroatr orc a Mag'har Orc or Dragonmaw Orc.
    2. Sub-races provides new likeable race options. I may really like the new orc model, but hate your typical Durotar Orc because of their story and profile: they're genocidal, warmongering and brutal - however, the Mag'har on the other hand I could definitely click with, they' spiiritual, warrior but honourable ones, wise too they werne't duped by demons showing character and control over blind ambition and lust for power, these I could definitely like and could definitely play as. I would switch my hunter to a Mag'har orc.
    What do you mean you told Blizzard a while ago?

I do agree with you though, sub-race models would be great; Mag'har Orc (Or even Fel Orc), Taunka for Tauren, Dark Iron for Dwarves are just a few of the possibilities that would be a surprisingly huge breath of fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Since they won't be updating Pandaren soon I'm eager to see what the other races will look like. Excited for Orcs, Tauren and Trolls on Horde side. On Alliance side I hope the finally give Gnomes different casting animations

Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Maybe, if they totally screw up NEs, BEs, Draenei, Tauren and Worgen....which are pretty much the only races I play.

I LOVE the way these races look, esp. my little NE druid, she looks like me!!!!! It would deeply disappoint me if I couldn't play her anymore, I've grown too attached to the in-game version of me.

Such Vanity.
    Such fear. Honey, did you see the Azshara model? Imagine taht, but better. That's what these are. Trust me you won't want your 2001 tech model when you see what's coming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I do agree with you though, sub-race models would be great; Mag'har Orc (Or even Fel Orc), Taunka for Tauren, Dark Iron for Dwarves are just a few of the possibilities that would be a surprisingly huge breath of fresh air.
    indeed, the more option s players have, the more succesful it is. Not sure why some people are surpirsed by this, Cataclysm saw no new class, instead got new class/race combos, likewise new expansion will see no new race, but will see many race faction options.

Now the idea by blizzard will be to keep adding more, it's Marketing that determines which is the best viable strategy. Release all at once, stagger release? Do you release all Orc factions with the new orc model? Or do you release only Mag'har first, then add dragonmaw and fel orcs and others later?

My hope, is they release each with 2 race factions. One won't create enough of a buzz, and if you have the other ready and you just hold out when you are going to be releasing 9 other races, it's just cruel. The question si then Do you then release 1 new orc and 1 new troll race faction or do the 2 new orc racial factions with the new orc model? Decisions indeed. It would be better to release all the orcs together is my opinion.

Orc: New orc model: nothing changes at all to starting zone or anything, just the new orc model with new animations, many more animations, more emotes etc.
    Mag'har orc model: uses the new orc model, you can create a mag'har orc, it's got an identical Character creation screen to the durotar orc, difference is the description is different off course, and you skin colour tones are shades of brown instead of green. May have an extra features slider like tribal features.
    Mag'har have 3 start options based on how much time you put in them:
    1. Start with the durotar orcs: Narrative explains how/why a mag'har orc is there
    2. Start in a phased version of Nagrand for either level 1-6 or level 1-12 based on how much time you have.
    3. Start as an advanced race: unlockable when your character gets to Nagrand at around level 62, this is where horde adventurers meet the Mag'har, there is an introductory quest along one of the quest chains, once completed you can change your existing toon to a Mag'har orc, or start a new mag'har orc at the level 62 of any of the Mag'har class otpions.

Option 1 and 3 are the least work, they just involved giving exploratory quest/quest chain, Option 2 is the most exciting but most work, you have to phase a zone, and give 6 or 12 first levels worth of quests - which might be okay for 1 race, but when you have 20 to do...? Still doable if you stagger release. Admittedly not all sub-groups would start at a high level if they go the advanced race route, some might be needed to start at level 1 to have a greater impact on new players. Like if they give humans as a playable race faction of forsaken to give human models to the horde, they'd have to start at level 1 as you want the human option available for new players. My proposal is that horde humans don't have anything to do with the allinace, they'll come from Forsaken that either had the condition cured or were turned into human san'layan (vampires) that healed their flesh, they would also use the blood elf model adapted to humans (i.e. lose the elf ears/eyebrows/eyes for human ones, use human facial hair, and swap some of the more elfy long hairstyles for more human looking ones)

here is a full (but not comprehensive list) of what options you can expect as racial factions for each race group introduced with new models. you start with 3 racial factions, the original faction which are the majority having the new model, and 2 new ones, available factions most of which are already in game, but a couple would need introduction. Then they can always add more at a later date.

Orcs:Original (with new model ofc), Mag'har orc, Dragonmaw Orc [Hellfire & Fel Orcs at a later date]
    Trolls: Original (with new model ofc), Forest Amani Troll, Ice Drakkari Troll [Zandalari Trolls, Raventusk & Winterfang at a later date]
    Forsaken: Original Undead (with new model ofc), living human forsaken (san'layan vampire type or just a normal living, breathing human), undead Elf (dark ranger types)
    Tauren: Original (with new model ofc), Taunka, Grim-totem [Yaungol at a later date]
    Blood Elf: Original (with new model ofc), San'layan, Wretched [Fel Elf at a later date]
    Goblin: don't get new models, coal goblins & gilgoblin (who become intelligent with kezite)

Human: Original (with new model ofc), Half-elf, Vrykul
    Dwarf: Original Bronzebeard dwarf (with new model ofc), Wildhammer, Dark Iron [Earthern, Iron & Frost dwarf at later dates]
    Night Elf: Original (with new model ofc), Highbourne, High Elf [Dryad/Keeper of the Grove at later date]
    Gnome: Original (with new model ofc), Mechagnome, Leper Gnome [NEW cyborg gnome at a later date]
    Draenei: Original (with new model ofc), Broken, Eredar Draenei (new, but with a story behind)
    Worgen: don't get new model, Bloodfang worgen

Panderan: no racial factions here, no new model, stays as is.

So Ravenmoon how long before blizzard finds out who you are and sacks you for leaking stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So Ravenmoon how long before blizzard finds out who you are and sacks you for leaking stuff?
    I don't work for blizzard, I haven't leaked anything either. Every one knows new models are coming in, and everyone knows they're going to be really good and expressive, like Panderans have been. (they initially said so themselves)

Furthermore, I have only asked questions, on a fansite, not an official forum, about speculative stuff, what if situations and how do you feel about hypothetical situations many fans think about. Nothing I've said is new, and most of the stuff is just potential scenarios, I can't leak what doesn't exist, and last I checked, opinion is not a leak.

Oh and as for "I told Blizzard"..everyone tells blizzard stuff, they tell blizzard stuff in forum posts, in tweets, in Q & As, in discussion panels

Deleted
    If the humans get to look more like vrykul or if vry become playable otherwise im sticking with dwarves.

Deleted
    waiting for the tauren model to show up, if it is cool enough I'm gonna change my monk to it

I expect Blizzard are counting on it.
    RETH

Deleted
    Yeah, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    If the humans get to look more like vrykul or if vry become playable otherwise im sticking with dwarves.
    this is why I've argued for Vrykul as a human sub-race group, the problem might be though that upgrading and making them available is nearly as much work as doing a new model, as you'd have to animate the face like you are doing. Also Vrykul also works as a new race and could even pass as the horde's "human" race, question is is it worth the invesment as a sub-race or better as a full race.

Deleted
    I am dying to roll a tauren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Depends how human females look after the model update I guess.
    Exactly this. If they don't ruin the human female, eh, don't think so.

Well, I'm alliance and human male as well as human female to an extent are unrollable for me due to aesthetics. Same with night elf male. They all look retarded. Like super retarded.

I mostly play night elf female, pandaren, draenei and gnome and I wouldn't mind kind of liking them all. But human male... nope, not happening. Despite the best in-game /silly.
    Last edited by Laukkanen; 2013-10-29 at 11:50 AM.