Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Lvling as a spriest is absolutely horrible.
    Levelled my first 90 as a double resto spec shammy.

"Can you stand on the tallest peak, winds and sleet buffeting your skin, until the trees wither and the mountains fall into the sea?" quote from Niuzao comes to mind when thinking about it.

I really hate questing in Pandaria, especially after Jade Forest. They could atleast make flying available at 85...

I'm not a big fan of leveling in Pandaria either... mostly because I don't like the quest ethic and the lore (Farming and chore running? No thanks!), but keep in mind its people like you that make leveling even more boring and easy.

Blizzard should just make a button to make level 90 premades for you people.

Its not all about the destination!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I'm not a big fan of leveling in Pandaria either, but its people like you that makes leveling even more boring and easy. Blizzard should just make a button to make level 90 premades for you people.
    I'd support this.

And I like the "you people" thing as if not enjoying leveling is a bad thing, lol.

People are complaining about leveling taking too long NOW?! Good god, this is EZMODE leveling compared to what it was at MoP release.

People will find anything to complain about.

Deleted
    but keep in mind its people like you that make leveling even more boring and easy.
    Once is fun, twice is ok. After that it becomes nothing short of torture.

If you had more choices on how to unlock various parts of the continent it'd be fine. Right now you follow a breadcrumb trail from one place to another with little chance to deviate from it.

Pet battles. Every Pandaren Master is worth 400k XP+, the Northrend and Outland ones not a lot less. Snags you a few million XP in an hour *while* you level more pets; and then you can log back to your main till the next day. I honestly wouldn't have ever levelled yto 90 on an alt without that
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    People are complaining about leveling taking too long NOW?! Good god, this is EZMODE leveling compared to what it was at MoP release.

Kind of how people complain about people complaining without offering anything useful to a thread?

100% agree!

OT: I stopped leveling alts when I sold my own account. Been chilling with my DK for quite sometime now. Leveling with my GF now though, because she just started playing. It's actually pretty fun right now, because I'm getting to watch her learn the game, see all these things I take for granted now, etc. It's making it a fun experience.

I won't do it again, though. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    89-90 in dread wastes takes like 2h, probably less, also good idea with timeless isle , wrong execution , farm turtles/maggots there, leveled my brewmaster there from 85, some twink gear+shrine buff and its easy xD

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'd support this.

And I like the "you people" thing as if not enjoying leveling is a bad thing, lol.
    Its not a bad thing, if you don't want to level you should be entitled not to I guess. I just like the journey over the destination and thats my opinion.

I think the whole idea of leveling kinda makes everyone have this false idea of all the fun being at the end game content so they lose all sight of the journey there. Blizzard needs to somehow make leveling have the same appeal as end game content.

Maybe make people feel they don't NEED to level a new alt. If you want to stick with your main then just do that, there is no benefit to level an alt other than to try a new class or just to enjoy leveling. If you are complaining about leveling then dont make a new guy!!!

Sadly, people need the profession bonus of it all mostly so until Blizzard fixes that then I see more people complaining about this forever.

Bro, try leveling 88-90 as a boomkin, it was the worst experience of my entire life.

Deleted
    yeah I know how you feel, I still haveto level like 5 characters -.- I just cant do it im so sick of happy pandaland, I hope once the next expansion is out they nerf the xp even further so we only have to spend a minimum of time in Pandaland

Its not a bad thing, if you don't want to level you should be entitled not to I guess. I just like the journey over the destination and thats my opinion.

I think the whole idea of leveling kinda makes everyone have this false idea of all the fun being at the end game content so they lose all sight of the journey there. Blizzard needs to somehow make leveling have the same appeal as end game content.

Maybe make people feel they don't NEED to level a new alt. If you want to stick with your main then just do that, there is no benefit to level an alt other than to try a new class or just to enjoy leveling. If you are complaining about leveling then dont make a new guy!!!

Sadly, people need the profession bonus of it all mostly so until Blizzard fixes that then I see more people complaining about this forever.
    I agree with the bolded statement 100%. There are some who genuinely enjoy questing in it's current state, and more power to them.

For those like me, however, leveling only serves as a time sink to have a character to do the things you really want to do: Raid.

I believe that the leveling experience should have something involved in it that makes you feel more a part of the world and the community. Not like you're just "doing your due" to get to what you really want.

Apart from Warhammer's faults, they did a wonderful job of making you feel like you had a purpose in the world no matter what level you were. I like that, and I'd like to see something like that implemented in WoW. Because right now, starting a new character is little more than "shut your mind off for the next few days". Not to everyone of course, but to many of us.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Never said it was taking to long. I said it is just annoying and time consuming waste of my day.

I've heard that going to Timeless Isle and just grinding out the weaker mobs is pretty good way to level now, not to mention gear up.

I leveled my first 11 to 90 shortly after the experience nerf. I'm currently working on the last 11 to 90, I understand not wanting to level through the last of 89-90, but it's actually faster than 88-89, that was the longest bit leveling because of the amount of experience the quests give and the amount of experience required to level were off a bit.

God people quit crying like you don't expect the zones to be the same when you lvl another toon. Leveling has gotten so fast it sick, don't like going to the same zone then find another game level 1 toon and find another game but please stop crying. Just go the zone and get your toon leveled or don't, stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'd support this.
    Totally. In fact, far more than that should be made optional. Why am I forced to raid on any level, or kill mobs at all to get gear? It's draconian to expect me to be forced to group with others, or to sit through painfully long queues for lfr, or to grind vp / honor / timeless coins / charms.

Completely unfair, all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Totally. In fact, far more than that should be made optional. Why am I forced to raid on any level, or kill mobs at all to get gear? It's draconian to expect me to be forced to group with others, or to sit through painfully long queues for lfr, or to grind vp / honor / timeless coins / charms.

Completely unfair, all of it.
    Finally, someone who understands me.

IMO 1-60 is way too fast and 60-85 way too slow

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    People have said this for every single expansion.
    And they were right every single expansion. I don't see why it's ok to give out free 80s to people who haven't played in months, but it's not ok to give free xxx to people who've leveled through the content half a dozen times already.