Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW is as casual or hardcore as you make it. Little something for everyone for the most part. Enjoying the content provided is another questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly,
    First off World Of Warcraft has always been casual ever since release. That was one of its big major selling points is that its a lot more easy and friendly compared to the other MMO's on the market.

Second I think you underestimate how many would leave if LFR and Flying mounts was removed.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.
    If others enjoyment in content ruins yours then feel free to stay away from WOW and other MMO's because you are the type of person who is bad for them.

And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game
    That sense is still there its just now many people can feel it and not the small 0.5%

Flying mounts was released in TBC and in both TBC and Wrath that was the time wow got really popluar and was bringing in a shit ton of subs so I can dam near say as a 100% fact that flying mounts has nothing to do with subs dropping.

....Finally just noticed this is a Jaylock thread and you ignore facts and push ur BS on to others like it is a fact so...

/End Thread.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

All I can say is that I for one would.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    There was only one exclusve boss for hc raiders and he wasnt even challenging. I srop hc rading and unsubed game becosu of LFR. I just dont beliave that LFR, flex players deserver see content like this.
    Bye stay gone its players like you who hurt wow and other mmo's more then those who wish to see content.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's remove 2 popular features so one person can come back, because obviously millions of subs are hinging on him... hmm...

That about sums it up. Next LFR hater please, got about 20 minutes before I gotta head into work. I'm sure I can fit about 4-5 of you in.

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Our motivation is to be Top 20 US 10m but nobody cares about that but us and maybe the random guy on the server saying how geared I am..
    No one cared before ether besides that random guy on the server.

Only a small amount has cared who is top whatever in wow don't define yourself based on what you do in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by canyonvr View Post
    And yet you still like to troll WoW related forums.... Probably voted for Obama too but don't think the "rich" deserve the money they make.
    Oh yea, that's not a troll move at all...

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Most people I knew, who resub because of feature X sounds like the good old days, last about a month, before they leave again. Nostialgia and such.
    But I dont know the millions of people you know, so who am I to have an opinion on this^^
    Agreed, having played through Burning Crusade when it launched I find it hard to believe that there are literally millions of people out there just waiting for them to bring back some of it's "features"....or the lack thereof. I do find it amusing the idea of removing flying mounts from the game especially in the context of Burning Crusade when that was essentially one of the main things it introduced.

It's my dearest hope that Blizzard actually introduce some servers that run nothing but Burning Crusade in its original form so these people can go & play it for however long they could actually tolerate it. Of course I'm not sure how the "normal raiders need to stand out from the crowd" group will enjoy a server basically full of no one but them. All the people who would have ooh ahhed at their gear back in the day won't be playing on a BC server that's for damned sure.

The mere fact that numerous people pointing out that if you don't like LFR then don't do it has no impact on the "remove LFR" argument shows that the real issue is people wanting to feel special about their achievements. The irony is of course if Blizzard now removed LFR that is what would result in the loss of millions of subscribers.

How about find guild and try end game? If youa re lazy and you dont want to improve yourself you dont deserver see end game.
    How about only caring about what your guild and u do and not what others do.

Some people can't find guilds that fit there playtime and some are sick of guilds because of the drama. There is tons of reasons why people don't want to be apart of a guild and nothing gives you the right to tell others what to do.

Don't like LFR don't do it but don't also try to remove content from others because you can't feel special anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by canyonvr View Post
    And yet you still like to troll WoW related forums.... Probably voted for Obama too but don't think the "rich" deserve the money they make.

- - - Updated - - -

And how about those of us with jobs and families that can not commit to a hardcore raiding schedule?
    We finished every hc boss in 5.2v by radingin 12 hours per week. So dont tell me that you dont have time.

All the vet players I know that quit, did not quit because of LFR or flying mounts.

They quit because of life changes, eventual raiding/grinding/treadmill burnout, changes in what games they enjoy, changes in the way the community treats each other, constantly having their favored classes/specs completely changed (some because they were dumbed down, some because they changed the playstyle completely, etc), some quit because they didn't like DS and felt two small tiers back to back was too little (and haven't came back to see the big tiers).

You forget, flex already has an issue for pugging if you've paid attention to threads. Flex doesn't replace LFR. It was never intended to.

You will never recapture 'BC'. They could literally copy BC and just put new paint on it and people would HATE it. Their direction wasn't as focused. Not only that, but people's approach to the game has changed and so has the market and how other games approach the genre.

You want millions to resub; the game needs to change its paradigm as a whole to incorporate the best of all its competition, better than they do it. It is how they got started, copying EQ1 and doing it better, and more casually than that game would ever dream of, and to this day it is still many, many times more 'hardcore' is design.

The best thing you could do; is not feel like you have to do everything, and do just want you have fun with. That is the attitude change needed. That is what BC was more like. People focused on what was right for them; not some single path needed for most. You progressed at your pace and worried less about being on the cutting edge; now it is about being cutting edge or get trolled or left out. That is the issue that needs to be nixed to fix the game.

You can't have new player retention (especially in a subscription based game, but same for F2P) with an average community mood of being toxic/trollish. You won't keep people who come back if the game is always drastically different and they can't get help from anyone; just people spamming noobs and google it and shit like that.

You want millions more subs ... work on making the community a community; the way it used to be first; and the rest will fall into place; the game offers more than it ever has; and you just don't have to do it all; but you also don't have to be an ass about things you don't like or to others who aren't as adaptable as you.

Nope LFR is cause of WoW bleedig to the death. Cata lost some subs becosu of very poor end game content but it was fine till LFR comes out. After LFR WoW start subs much much faster then without it.

Like i said read the FACTS LFR stopped the bleeding that was at the start of Cata it STOPPED it. Really read the numbers it tells it straight there,

10+ Year Old Account
    I say the same thing I've always said: Don't like it, don't use it.

If you don't like LFR, then round up nine of your hardest-core friends, run to the instance using only flight paths and land mounts, and go hit those raids in dungeon blues just like the good old days. AirTran should become a WoW sponsor: Go. There's nothing stopping you.

If you've got a problem with flying mounts, then the same rule applies. Whip out your black Quiraji beetle mount and have at it. Let everybody see how awesome you are scuttling about on land while they fly over on their game-damning proto-drakes.

To quote many a forum mod: Be the change you want to see. I'm sure pretty soon everybody will realize how awesome your way is and everything will go back to how it "should" be, Vanilla style. Players will demand it be so epic, right?

We finished every hc boss in 5.2v by radingin 12 hours per week. So dont tell me that you dont have time.
    What I find funny is people like you who bitch about how easy LFR is and say "O I RAIDED IN VANILLA AND TBC THAT WAS HARDER" when in FACT a lot of LFR was harder then most of the Vanilla and TBC raids and even a few wrath raids.

The only thing that made vanilla hard when it came to raiding was needing resist gear. You could clear MC with 10 decent people and 30 who afked. at lease in lfr if 3/4 of the raid afked you will still fail it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope LFR is cause of WoW bleedig to the death. Cata lost some subs becosu of very poor end game content but it was fine till LFR comes out.
    WOW has been bleeding subs since the last quater of Wrath don't try to blame it on LFR when the facts prove you wrong.

Bleeding subs is bleeding subs LFR dose not effect this. If anything LFR slowed the bleeding down because it gave players something to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No one cared before ether besides that random guy on the server.

Only a small amount has cared who is top whatever in wow don't define yourself based on what you do in a game.
    Nope lot of people cared about hc guilds and server comunity was just amazing. I always couldnt wait for another raid. But in MOP every social aspect of MMORPG is gone. Comunity is even worse then LoL comunity and nobady gives **** about anyone.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

What changes would bring you back to the game?
    Removing the LFR poison would certainly help. But please explain the logic underlying the removal of flying mounts when the game reached its peak AFTER they were added.

Well for exmaple all my 5 IRL friends left WoW becou of LFR. I will quote them ,,WoW becom one button game for kids,,. Ye there is lot of palyers what left becous of poor compettion and easy way to get gear and end game content. And ye LFR affect HC raiders. It is just sad that you progress many hours in hcs raids to finaly kill that mad man boss then you meet someone with 20k dps with what killed this boss in LFR. What we getting for spending hours in hcs? Better gear or achivements? Ye like pople give **** about gear these days. Only true reward for hc raider is exclusive content.
    Or translation, if we cant be pretty fucking special snowflakes this game isnt for us anymore. well if you are so offended just stay unsubbed really the cost of having the special snowflakes be happy is a totally DEMOLISHED endgame for 99% of the population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What I find funny is people like you who bitch about how easy LFR is and say "O I RAIDED IN VANILLA AND TBC THAT WAS HARDER" when in FACT a lot of LFR was harder then most of the Vanilla and TBC raids and even a few wrath raids.

The only thing that made vanilla hard when it came to raiding was needing resist gear. You could clear MC with 10 decent people and 30 who afked. at lease in lfr if 3/4 of the raid afked you will still fail it.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW has been bleeding subs since the last quater of Wrath don't try to blame it on LFR when the facts prove you wrong.

Bleeding subs is bleeding subs LFR dose not effect this. If anything LFR slowed the bleeding down because it gave players something to do.
    Yep becosu having boss with 30 mechanics what you can ignore is harder then boss with 5 but when is executed badly wiped your raid. Ye this is totaly harder

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Removing the LFR poison would certainly help. But please explain the logic underlying the removal of flying mounts when the game reached its peak AFTER they were added.

There is no logic behind and if you analyze the FACTS you will see that LFR stopped the bleeding of subs that was taking place in Cata it instantly put a halt to the bleeding that was going on from the get go when casuals got into heroic 5mans and got there heads beaten to death by mechanics so unforgiving that most just said fuck it i am done with this fking elitist shit.

Nope lot of people cared about hc guilds and server comunity was just amazing. I always couldnt wait for another raid.
    In your maybe. I have been with wow since early TBC and I am sorry thats bullshit.

Only a small few cared about what the HC guilds was doing and good chance those small few was raiders as well. Everynow and then you did get someone who asked about gear but its always been this way.

People bitching about Epic gear getting handed out must have ignored the fact epic gear has been in dungeons since TBC and has been easy to get in pvp since TBC as well. hell there was some pvp TBC sets that was outright better then the PVE sets.

History and Facts has proved people like you wrong you just refuse to see it. People like you act like a 10 year old with there finger in there ears yelling LALALALALALALLAA.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep becosu having boss with 30 mechanics what you can ignore is harder then boss with 5 but when is executed badly wiped your raid. Ye this is totaly harder
    As I said LFR is harder then most TBC/Vanilla raids and a couple Wrath raids as well.

3/4 of your raid could afk in MC and still kill all the boss's but if 17 out of the 25 afked in LFR good chance you wipe.

Don't like wow leave it plan and simple.