Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Nope lot of people cared about hc guilds and server comunity was just amazing. I always couldnt wait for another raid. But in MOP every social aspect of MMORPG is gone. Comunity is even worse then LoL comunity and nobady gives **** about anyone.
    Server community was shit as far back as 2.4 where people abused DPS in the LFG channel and Trade looking for groups without t5 or better, when t5 and t6 guilds rampantly poached from t4 and t5 guilds, when the Heroic 5-man community was so toxic that it was both more expedient and less stressful to grind battlegrounds for a set of honor gear once Season 1 became available for purchase with Honor, and when entire guilds shattered trying to make the jump from Karazhan to Mag's and Gruul's while dealing with poaching from other guilds replacing lost raiders, to say nothing of guilds shattering on Kael and Vashj.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yep becosu having boss with 30 mechanics what you can ignore is harder then boss with 5 but when is executed badly wiped your raid. Ye this is totaly harder

It isnt a discussion of what is hard and what isnt. itis a discussion of lfr and sub losses. and the facts do NOT prove any claims that LFR is the cause of losses, infact we can see in the evidence that it stopped the hemorrhage that was taking place BEFORE LFR was introduced on in patch 4.3.

Listen to what you're saying.

That's like saying that a bakery has 3 kinds of bread for sale. If they remove two then more people will go there.

You're not forced to ride a flying mount. You're also not forced to join LFR.

My reaction to OP post:

--SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-29 at 04:28 AM.

We finished every hc boss in 5.2v by radingin 12 hours per week. So dont tell me that you dont have time.
    12 hours of strictly raiding per week is a shit ton for a large majority of the playerbase. 6 hours a week is as well. You can't create any more than 168 hours in a week.

Not everyone needs to conform to your gaming style, or your skill. You should be happy with the content made for you. Let them be happy with their content. Do you get mad at people driving bentleys? or mad at people driving hyundais? Would you assume because you put effort to earn an expensive car, that others who can't afford to get an aston martin shouldn't be able to bother owning one?

Generally, what this dismissive and restrictive attitude equates to is simple narcissism and snobbery. Condescending attitudes to make up for a lack of personality and personal relationships.

It is funny though, most of the good raiders I've known and raided with were never dismissive nor wanted to prevent others from having fun in the game. They never said normal modes should be removed, raid heroic or not at all, they never looked down upon 10m normal guilds, in fact, we'd help out ones if we could. We'd spend time in game helping groups and individuals progress or learn to execute better in our free time; because the game was about having fun for us and helping others having fun. It was about being supportive members of the community, not pissing on anyone that wasn't at our level.

That is exactly the reason I know a lot of people I played with won't come back. The selfishness/greediness, the lack of dedication, the lack of respect for the community as a whole. It just isn't the same game when people are spewing venom, having pissing contests, and need a defined loot system in a guild group because without points or council, they can't see past their own charts to know what is best for the group as a whole. That is sad, and disgusting, and ultimately if it doesn't turn around, will be the end of the game; not anything blizz does or doesn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Most people I knew, who resub because of feature X sounds like the good old days, last about a month, before they leave again. Nostialgia and such.
    But I dont know the millions of people you know, so who am I to have an opinion on this^^
    it is rose colored glasses nostalgia and how this and that was so much better 50 years ago syndrome. same thing with these wow was better before this and that.

Do that and lose everyone.

We finished every hc boss in 5.2v by radingin 12 hours per week. So dont tell me that you dont have time.
    Amount of time is irrelevant since it does no good to have 20hrs a week available for the game when those 20 hrs is not connected in a fashion that allows you to have a 12 hr schedule.

We have 6hrs a week and we already see issues with real life with such a short time invested in raids and 12hrs would by most be considered a hardcore schedule with 3 or 4 nights a week being tied to raiding. That is far from casual and like i said.

If your 20hrs of playtime in a week is spread out in chunks that are no more than 1.5 hr tops at any single given point in time explain how you can raid a 3-4 hr session with those? as you can see the 12hr isnt the limitation it is the scheduling that crashes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    And than we will see threads about how incompetent blizzard was in doing that since they lost 4 million more subs from that action.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I like how you think you speak for me.

Cute.

If we look at subnumbers lichking had the highest. So I guess blizzard should make short tunnel hcs that you finnish in 15min and just aoe down the trash. Do you really think there are millions of players that will resubscribe if the game gets more hardcore? Cata was more hardcore then lichking and a few million subs was lost. Its kinda ironic that you want to add some tbc-esqe features but remove flying. Flying was one of the main features of tbc.

What they need to do is making an built in oqueue and more exciting lore. But 5.4 was great imo. The other patches in mop was good too but felt abit disconnected from the lore. Some parts was good and some bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is about as useless as the many others started by Jaylock, sorry but no, you have no facts to back it up, just pure conjecture. Losing LFR is fine by me, I despise it, but no way is it going to drag millions back. The game is dying, but only because its old and things change.

As long as its $15 month, WoW will continue to decline
    Free-To-Play is the future.

No. There aren't "millions" of former players sitting around being mad about two specific things. That is fantasy, plain and simple.

Nah, wouldn't matter in the least. The game is way too old and boring to get people back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, if clams didn't stack, I think more people would resub.

What does getting rid of flying mounts really do? You can queue into instances from capital cities and bots do the majority of farming. The only thing it would accomplish is to make it more of a pain to get from point A to point B.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of the game has become casuals. Removing these things would alienate the casual player base. Now why would millions resubscribe?

Subjective thread is subjective

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I see the ban period has ended.
    Also this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Frankly, if clams didn't stack, I think more people would resub.
    I'm listening to 'Out of the Blue' from the Paul VanDyk VONYC Sessions 2010 CD and your avatar is synced to the beat.

Even when it sped up.

Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you precious summer child.

Omaygawd, I hadn't even realized this was a Jaylock thread!

But trying to use logic, that assesment is really subective. You are assuming way too much and are not even considered how much the market as changed the last 10 years.