Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Necroing a Jaylock thread? Really? It's fairly obvious the OP post was just hyperbole and most anyone with the mental health to be on a raid team in the first place would be capable of understanding that taking away psuedo-raid content from non-raiders after-the-fact will hurt raiders by reducing Blizzard's focus on raiding.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players
    No one cares about older players - not even other older players.
    Go back to the retirement home, grandpa.

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly/snip
    I'm willing to bet you originally wrote that sentence as "Because the game gave players flying mounts"... then you thought about it, deleted it, and re-wrote it.

That reason you re-wrote it is why you are wrong.

No... millions will NOT flood back to the game.

No... millions did NOT leave because it became too casual. The flood of departure began with Cataclysm, who's launch and first year was DECIDEDLY NOT CASUAL FRIENDLY.

No... millions did not leave because of flying mounts. They didn't leave during BC... and they didn't leave during Wrath.

And "No"... millions are NOT saying "Damnit Blizz! We want flight GONE so we can spend hours in trade chat looking for a fail pug with bad gear!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Necroing a Jaylock thread? Really? /snip
    ...god blessit... I didn't even notice it was a) a necro, and b) a Jaylock thread. That explains everything >_<

Deleted

Remove LFR, Flying Mounts ---> Millions Resubscribe

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.
    Removing it completely would be a bad solution.

A lot of the old school players would indeed comeback, but a lot of other types of players would also leave...so the subs would stay the same ^^
    Unless there are more "oldschool players" then "casuals"...which i think is not the case.
    Balance is key.
    Its impossible to please everyone 100% so some kind of good balance is always the best option.
    Otherwise the old school comeback and the new school go away and everything stays the same.

LFR: The reward/ effort of this feature must be polished. Too much reward for something so easy. Even Heroic Dungeons should drop better gear than this.
    And raid tiers on LFR...seems controversial.

Flying mounts: Is too dominant and overpowered compared to other ways of travel.
    Maybe make ground mounts have "accelaration" and sprinting way faster than flying mounts. Ground mounts should be the best option for transportation. (remember when you first got your flying 60% speed mount, you never used it to travel, only to reach someplaces)
    +
    Fatigue mechanic to prevent "/AFK's" on the air or "/queue for instance" in the air.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-31 at 05:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have posted this before...

I think there should be a "hardmode/old school" server option.

We currently have PvP/PvE/RP-PvP/RP-PvE server types.
    The new server type would HM-PvP and/or HM-PvE.

These would be the only changes to the server:

• No LFR - Just remove the Raid Finder on this realm type
    • No Dungeon Finder - Again, remove the tab from players on this realm
    • No cross realm raiding - All raiders would have to be from the "HM" realm.
    • No incoming transfers - You have to level 1-100 on this realm, or possibly have everyone start at 90. You are free to transfer off, but once you leave, you can't come back.
    • No Heirlooms - This is a debatable restriction. I believe the other restrictions would be easy to implement, but this option might be hard. I'm torn.
    • No cross realm mail - You can't send gold/items to your characters on this realm. they have to earn everything.

This would either be extremely popular or a complete failure.
    The community on this realm with either be great, or a complete cluster.
    It would hush a lot of people that "pine" for a harder version of WoW.

I would love to see Blizzard experiment with this idea.

"Remove this thing I don't like and the millions I believe agree with my myopic view of the game's wrongs will flood back."

Nope. Not going to work. Simply put, <insert pet peeve> didn't drive everyone away.

It was the availability of other games that drew them away.

It's true, no one game will ever be a WoW-Killer. But for every new game that comes out, a few more subs are worn away. And over time, the base that is WoW's subscribers wears down, like the Colorado River eating its way down into what is now the Grand Canyon. All Blizzard can do is slow the losses as much as they can. They cannot stop it, no matter what they do. It's just a matter of time before that pool of players dilutes down to the level of other games in the great sea that is the ever-growing market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah someone took an old jaylock thread and necro'd it!

Subs are going to drop, but it won't be to do with flying.

This guy said millions of people are going to instantly subscribe to the game if they remove features that people actually enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by drick7 View Post
    I have posted this before...

I think there should be a "hardmode/old school" server option.

We currently have PvP/PvE/RP-PvP/RP-PvE server types.
    The new server type would HM-PvP and/or HM-PvE.

These would be the only changes to the server:

• No LFR - Just remove the Raid Finder on this realm type
    • No Dungeon Finder - Again, remove the tab from players on this realm
    • No cross realm raiding - All raiders would have to be from the "HM" realm.
    • No incoming transfers - You have to level 1-100 on this realm, or possibly have everyone start at 90. You are free to transfer off, but once you leave, you can't come back.
    • No Heirlooms - This is a debatable restriction. I believe the other restrictions would be easy to implement, but this option might be hard. I'm torn.
    • No cross realm mail - You can't send gold/items to your characters on this realm. they have to earn everything.

This would either be extremely popular or a complete failure.
    The community on this realm with either be great, or a complete cluster.
    It would hush a lot of people that "pine" for a harder version of WoW.

I would love to see Blizzard experiment with this idea.
    That would be AWESOME. I would so resub to play on that server.

- - - Updated - - -

As for OP,

Removing flying mounts is a completely bad idea. One of the best memories I have in WoW is the first time I got my flying mount. Could see restricting use of the flying mount until hitting max level (aka play through all the content once before unlocking it).

Probably right on LFR. The thing kills so much of the incentive to work together and drops too good of loot. Might be sufficient to just drop the loot it gives off to below 5 mans.

well, I can only say that I would unsubscribe myself.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they would drive more away from the game than they bring back.
    And what about all the casuals that quit the game because once they skip MSV, ToT and then go right into Garrosh in under 1 week of hitting 90?

Yeah, those retention numbers of MoP and Cata aren't that great.... I think the highest peak was TBC into Start of WOTLk... than the idea of "finish the game ASAP" came about after.

Hmm yea so much content to do, all those normal raids noone has done - just go on the official forums "omg raid tier too long i hate garrosh" - check his armory, only done LFR twice
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    And what about all the casuals that quit the game because once they skip MSV, ToT and then go right into Garrosh in under 1 week of hitting 90?

Yeah, those retention numbers of MoP and Cata aren't that great.... I think the highest peak was TBC into Start of WOTLk... than the idea of "finish the game ASAP" came about after.

Hmm yea so much content to do, all those normal raids noone has done - just go on the official forums "omg raid tier too long i hate garrosh" - check his armory, only done LFR twice
    It's impractical to have raiding tiers build up into one another over the course of the expansion, because you need some sort of actual system to support that. If it were that way, you'd have about 5% of the playerbase, if that, seeing SoO. Most would probably be stuck in MSV having had nothing to do but run heroic dungeons all expansion. And people aren't buying the stale bread anymore when they know cake is available. They didn't do that in Cataclysm.

People got tired of that when they saw real gear was actually obtainable, rather than running heroic dungeons "for funzies" to no real end, like people were content with doing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-31 at 08:01 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.